• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Did We Ever Truly Solve The Atacama Humanoid Mystery?

Golden_Vimana

Skilled Investigator
I’m sure we all remember that infamous case involving the remains of a tiny humanoid being found in the Atacama desert. If you’re like me, Steven Greer’s involvement was a definite red flag. I think it’s important that we look at everything with a nuanced lens though. Yes, Greer’s legitimacy has been in question for a while, and his “cult of personality” attitude is problematic. However, the Ivy League geneticists hired to study the remains shouldn’t really be discredited simply because Greer was involved. They likely had never even heard of him before being commissioned to analyze the remains, and probably had no idea that he’s seen as a charlatan by many in the UFO community. That being said - I think most people have just written it off as a fetal skeleton, favoring what feels like a pragmatic explanation, and feeding into our natural and justified inclination to distrust Greer. Here’s what the scientists involved concluded:

“...bone density and epiphyseal plate studies have concluded that this creature survived post-birth 6 to 8 years..”

According to experts independent of Greer, the remains’ anatomical structure rules out the fetus hypothesis - their forensic analysis tells them that the being was a child. The implications of this are obviously huge - it’s not necessarily proof of E.T. life, but this could at the very least could be evidence of an unknown terrestrial humanoid species, whether extinct or extant. It’s unfortunate that Greer had anything to do with it - because it inclines us to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Anybody have any other insight into this case?

Last edited:
I’m sure we all remember that infamous case involving the remains of a tiny humanoid being found in the Atacama desert. If you’re like me, Steven Greer’s involvement was a definite red flag. I think it’s important that we look at everything with a nuanced lens though. Yes, Greer’s legitimacy has been in question for a while, and his “cult of personality” attitude is problematic. However, the Ivy League geneticists hired to study the remains shouldn’t really be discredited simply because Greer was involved. They likely had never even heard of him before being commissioned to analyze the remains, and probably had no idea that he’s seen as a charlatan by many in the UFO community. That being said - I think most people have just written it off as a fetal skeleton, favoring what feels like a pragmatic explanation, and feeding into our natural and justified inclination to distrust Greer. Here’s what the scientists involved concluded:

“...bone density and epiphyseal plate studies have concluded that this creature survived post-birth 6 to 8 years..”

According to experts independent of Greer, the remains’ anatomical structure rules out the fetus hypothesis - their forensic analysis tells them that the being was a child. The implications of this are obviously huge - it’s not necessarily proof of E.T. life, but this could at the very least could be evidence of an unknown terrestrial humanoid species, whether extinct or extant. It’s unfortunate that Greer had anything to do with it - because it inclines us to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Anybody have any other insight into this case?
Not a lot extra to offer here, the results that the body survived maybe six to eight years after birth are interesting but this in no way means the remains were alien in origin I agree.. could be a different terrestrial species? maybe..., but more likely a deformed child that managed to live for longer than it maybe should have, there are documented cases of very small normal humans in modern times and through history (quick google will bring up info).

So in the end who knows, I think the simple explanation would be that of a small deformed child that managed to live for 6 to 8 years as that requires no fantastical thinking or alien additions to make sense.

Not a lot extra to offer here, the results that the body survived maybe six to eight years after birth are interesting but this in no way means the remains were alien in origin I agree.. could be a different terrestrial species? maybe..., but more likely a deformed child that managed to live for longer than it maybe should have, there are documented cases of very small normal humans in modern times and through history (quick google will bring up info).

So in the end who knows, I think the simple explanation would be that of a small deformed child that managed to live for 6 to 8 years as that requires no fantastical thinking or alien additions to make sense.
The problem with the deformed child theory is the size of the remains. No deformity can count for a human child being 6 inches tall at 6-8 years of age. If you take out a ruler and look at how small that is it becomes obvious that if these findings are indeed correct, it would have to be an unknown species.

I know a 68 year old man who is 24 inches high , very small arms and legs , large head about the size of a pumpkin , normal functioning brain , has been in an electric wheelchair all his life , at age 35 he had a custom van built with hand controls and drives daily. At age 45 he had a 1959 Ford car restored with hand controls and attends all the classic car rallies.

At a young age he got involved with crystal radios and 2-way radios ... then became an electronics dealer , in the 1970's he sold lots of 12 foot aluminum satellite dishes for television ... when they became obsolete he removed them and piled a few in his back yard

He has a great sense of humor ... I asked him about the dishes .... he said he wants to join two of them together so they look like a flying saucer , fill it with a bunch of old radio electronics and crystals and wiring , use it as his coffin , have it buried somewhere in Egypt , and when he is fully mummified and archeologists discover it they can spend the next hundred years trying to figure out which planet he came from.

My late mother was a psychiatric nurse and worked at an institution that took care of severely disabled and deformed patients.

Most people have no idea the extent of human deformities , horror movies are pale by comparison.

They were treated with compassion and kindness , they had to be fed by hand or by tube , most did not live very long , and staff were always saddened when they passed ... they were , after all , fellow humans.

I know a 68 year old man who is 24 inches high , very small arms and legs , large head about the size of a pumpkin , normal functioning brain , has been in an electric wheelchair all his life , at age 35 he had a custom van built with hand controls and drives daily. At age 45 he had a 1959 Ford car restored with hand controls and attends all the classic car rallies.

At a young age he got involved with crystal radios and 2-way radios ... then became an electronics dealer , in the 1970's he sold lots of 12 foot aluminum satellite dishes for television ... when they became obsolete he removed them and piled a few in his back yard

He has a great sense of humor ... I asked him about the dishes .... he said he wants to join two of them together so they look like a flying saucer , fill it with a bunch of old radio electronics and crystals and wiring , use it as his coffin , have it buried somewhere in Egypt , and when he is fully mummified and archeologists discover it they can spend the next hundred years trying to figure out which planet he came from.

According to this we can put it to rest...

According to this we can put it to rest...

Or can we? The reason for the mutations are not explained. What if aliens are in-fact part human ( or the other way around ) ? Or what if it's some kind of hybrid ( who knows ) ? We'll probably never know for sure. Good article though. Thanks for the post!

Or can we? The reason for the mutations are not explained. What if aliens are in-fact part human ( or the other way around ) ? Or what if it's some kind of hybrid ( who knows ) ? We'll probably never know for sure. Good article though. Thanks for the post!
Interesting but I am still going to stay with the mundane probably explanation to the case, we could spin all kinds of speculation on the topic I guess and who knows maybe you are right Randall, maybe humans and so called aliens have much the same DNA.. the issue for me is Steven Greer involvement I guess.

Interesting but I am still going to stay with the mundane probably explanation to the case, we could spin all kinds of speculation on the topic I guess and who knows maybe you are right Randall, maybe humans and so called aliens have much the same DNA.. the issue for me is Steven Greer involvement I guess.
You have to keep in mind that Greer is literally a nobody to anybody outside of UFOLogical circles. It’s not really probable that Stanford scientists would put their reputation on the line for someone who researches a topic that I’m sure they scoff at. In fact, I’d be willing to bet that the main reason the scientists who did the analysis got involved was because Greer probably presented himself in a way where they didn’t feel much of a need to do a background check. He’s a con artist, that’s not really up for debate. But if you didn’t know who he was, and he approached you showing his credentials as a physician, and flaunted his connections to important politicians, you’d probably just go along with it. So if that’s the case, Greer’s involvement doesn’t really have anything to do with what the scientists involved concluded. They likely just didn’t know his reputation. Now, if these conclusions were instead coming from Greer, that would be a different story.

Last edited:
Back