• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Devil's Fork/ Devil's Tramping ground

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
For those that saw my post in the Oliver thread, my confusion of not remembering if what I was talking about was in NC or SC is because there is a place called Devil's Fork, which is a camping grounds in SC, and the Devil's Tramping ground in NC (which is the one I was thinking of). So anyway, the two places aren't apparently the same place since I looked up both.

Here's a site dealin with it. Unfortunately weak on info. There is a forum you can check for people's reported experiences. The article page unfortunately has no articles to read only the names of newspaper articles. The links page is a bit better though, so visit here for more info.
Links To The Devil's Tramping Ground

Main page with photos and forum links
Devil's Tramping Ground

I first learned of it from a school library book here in Charlotte NC. Reportedly there is a shadow of a pitch fork in a circle where no vegetation grows. The source of the shadow isn't known (if there is indeed one there ever). None of the images I saw at the site seemed to show the shadow, but I recall the image in the book I saw as a child had one. A lot of strange occurrences are reported around this circle.

Back