• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dennis Balthaser has a problem with t-shirts at Roswell Museum....thats funny stuff

courtlizzard

Paranormal Novice
sounds like he's jealous to me and has lost any credibility with me......look....ya go the hayden planetarium...museum of natural history.....even oxnard...whether you go to for education.....entertainment or curiousity...kids want t-shirts....adults want souveniers.....if Dennis Balthaser
has problems with t-shirts and wants an irs investigation.......the dudes lost it......

seriously......imagine trekkng all the way to roswell new mexico......the heat.....the dangers of the desert....possible abduction by aliens......you risk all that and come back with out a coffee mug t-shirt or poster.......now id be scared of that person......hehehe......

as for me i will take my paracast t-shirt in extra large and wouldnt mind a baseball cap either......but beware guys...you sell a few of those to pay the bills and make your listeners happy......Dennis Balthaser may call the irs on ya too......hehehe

Dennis Balthaser has a problem with t-shirts at Roswell Museum....thats funny stu

CASE CLOSED

Go celebrate all you want people..
I don't have a problem with all the celebrating. I mean doesn't it make sense to celebrate the first major modern incident where humans became aware of visitation from an outside intelligent race? So buy a few t-shirts, dress up, big woop..

It happened and no amount of new witnesses should make any difference because we already know it happened, people are in denial. Those who are in denial either 1. don't want to look at the evidence or 2. no amount of evidence will convince them. In fact one could argue that more evidence is psychologically equivalent to LESS evidence like the Black Dahlia or something because we have so damn much and so many witnesses already that the more that comes forward the more questionable and confusing the case looks.

We have information about all the major aspects of the case. There are dozens of credible sounding witnesses, what is a few more going to do? nothing. And we have not just the witnesses, if anything they are the lower level to the evidence. The greater evidence is the documented actions performed by our own government in the days, weeks and months near the time of the crash.

The only reason to keep investigating it is to find maybe rumors of where the materials are now.

Dennis Balthaser has a problem with t-shirts at Roswell Museum....thats funny stu

I liked this interview. But I seriously, seriously, doubt Balthaser's story that he has no idea why the museum cut him off. He was there a lot, knew the people, knew the relationships and situations. He at least has some idea of what their reasons were, good or bad. I think this is important because it seemed like he was hiding some part of the story, not a good thing to do in terms of credibility...but this is ufology.

AJ was an interesting guy. Brazil is kind of known for being a South American country with a lot of paranormal work going on, not just in terms of UFOs. He's right that it would be great to have a sort of truly international database. But I think some of the sites that take submissions take them from anywhere in the world, don't they? I'm thinking here of Nuforc I think (help me on the name, but it's Davenport's org right?) Maybe it doesn't keep photos though.

Brian Now said:
I liked this interview. But I seriously, seriously, doubt Balthaser's story that he has no idea why the museum cut him off. He was there a lot, knew the people, knew the relationships and situations. He at least has some idea of what their reasons were, good or bad. I think this is important because it seemed like he was hiding some part of the story, not a good thing to do in terms of credibility...but this is ufology.

I think he was just being polite and professional. I get the sense that he actually wanted to slam Haut's daughter and Schmidt etc. as being money-grubbing a-holes who forged the death bed confession and forced people like Balthaser out of the loop to consolidate their own power and influence in the Roswell money-train.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the problem with the museum charging for admission. I know the counter argument is that it puts a price on the research and makes the whole thing look like a sideshow but wait a minute; regular museums charge for admission- Does that make their contents a sideshow?

I think this has less to do with money and more to do with the concept of ufos as a field of study. Apparently the message is if it's got a price tag on it, it's not worth taking seriously. That doesn't wash for me. Who cares? The bottom line is the people who take this stuff seriously will continue to do so and the populace at large won't, much as they've always done regardless of price.

As for Balthaser, I get the feeling that deep down, his righteous indignation masks resentment at being shut out of the potential profits he will now be unable to benefit from.

After Schmidt was found out to be lying about his background, I'm astonished he has ANY credibility left to anyone. How desperate can ufology possibly be that it would just accept people lying about who they are and what they have accomplished.

Schmidt should be shunned for misrepresenting himself, but of course I get the feeling that other ofologists aren't too upset because most of them do it as well.

If ufologists were held accountable for all the hoaxes, lies, ridiculous claims, jumping to illogical conclusions, psuedo-science, and scams they perpetrated upon the public, there would be very few of them left to talk about. It's little wonder legitmate science has no respect for the field.

The more frauds in a field, the more legitimate science should be driven to it. It's like cops needing to be where the crime is.

I think the reason there is so many frauds is that main stream science stays away from it. Which came first the chicken or the egg kinda thing. I think due to scientists[/align] being chicken and egged headed, we have frauds to thank.

Back