• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Demon / Spirit caught on 'Street View'?

Goggs Mackay

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot_2015-01-14-13-44-01.png OK, let's firstly just say this disclaimer :
The following object in the photo might be a cardboard cut-out, or life-size model etc.
The house has been long associated with ghosts and has been the subject of several paranormal documentaries, so someone could be playing up to that legend.

I was watching an episode of the paranormal TV show called 'A Haunting' and it featured a haunted Victorian mansion in Gardner, MA.

I decided to look for the real location on Google Street View and I was even joking to myself 'how creepy would it be to see a ghostly figure in one of the windows?

I scanned the view of the property left to right along the ground floor, even zooming in a little, not really thinking I would find anything worthwhile but continuing on regardless.... Then bingo! I looked at an upstairs window and there it is, plain for all to see, a dark figure of the top half of a person, about the correct size for the perspective and having a really freaky-looking visited for a face!

What do you think? I swear this all just happened the way I just told you....
I enclose the screen grab I took and if anyone wants to check it out for themselves, go to Gardner, MA on Google Street View. The house is No. 4 West Broadway, at the junction of Union St and the beginning of East Broadway. It's the big 'ole creepy looking house on the corner. Totally Adams Family in appearance!

What do you think?

Bummer, I just heard back from Jeff Belanger that it is indeed a mannequin, put there to freak people out. So, while my 'capture' has been thoroughly debunked, it is good to get the truth of the matter. And damn, if like me, someone did not know there was a mannequin there and walked or drove past at night, I think it could give a proper fright to someone...enjoy the pic, even if the mystery is gone...

I was gonna say hard to credit "real" due to be taken on aphone where it can be edited with a right app

Yes that is right but remember, I said that it is there for anyone to check on Google Street View. I took a screen grab on my smart phone just for posting purposes. The camera phone is only incidental to the story. Had I been claiming to have captured something weird myself on my phone, then sure, I would be open to people claiming I may have used an app to alter a photo.

And of course in the end it didn't matter cos it was a real object - bummer. I'd love to have discovered something like this for real!

Yes that is right but remember, I said that it is there for anyone to check on Google Street View. I took a screen grab on my smart phone just for posting purposes. The camera phone is only incidental to the story. Had I been claiming to have captured something weird myself on my phone, then sure, I would be open to people claiming I may have used an app to alter a photo.

And of course in the end it didn't matter cos it was a real object - bummer. I'd love to have discovered something like this for real!

most definite, I read an article somewhere, like the so called loch ness monster pic caught on google earth, you can get cash if you can find real entities caught..

Bummer, I just heard back from Jeff Belanger that it is indeed a mannequin, put there to freak people out. So, while my 'capture' has been thoroughly debunked, it is good to get the truth of the matter. And damn, if like me, someone did not know there was a mannequin there and walked or drove past at night, I think it could give a proper fright to someone...enjoy the pic, even if the mystery is gone...

There used to be a mannequin in a first floor room of a office building that I often passed on my way home from work. It always looked odd and in some ways chilling too.

Back