• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Deaf People and Ghosts

J.T.

Maybe Logic
Sitting in a comfortable chair, musing about the nature of reality, this thought occurred:

Given the possibility that infrasound resonance may produce hallucinations that could be perceived as ghosts, is there is a record or a study on deaf people experiencing paranormal phenomena, and specifically that of ghosts and apparitions?

I don't think so that he can hear the voices.I had never seen this kind of situation.I really like to face the horrible scene.

Sitting in a comfortable chair, musing about the nature of reality, this thought occurred:

Given the possibility that infrasound resonance may produce hallucinations that could be perceived as ghosts, is there is a record or a study on deaf people experiencing paranormal phenomena, and specifically that of ghosts and apparitions?

The key word here is “infrasound” which to me as a sound engineer relates to the frequencies below 20 Hz.
So low that they are not really sound anymore but ultra low vibration cycles that the human ear dose not really hear but the body in fact feels. So can a deaf person hear this... in a way yes they can.<O:p</O:p
Would infrasound affect them in the same way it affects a person with normal hearing.. I would say yes due to it being a very long wave length and thus pure vibration.

I would also like to add that to hear infrasound it would have to be amplified to a point at which the SPL becomes perceivable... This is in fact not that easy at all as it would require such a vast amount of amplification as to render the exercise pointless.<O:p</O:p

Back