• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David M. Rountree and a Scientific Method for Ghost Hunting

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
During our interview with Thomas P. Fusco for our December 8 episode, he mentioned that he works closely with paranormal researcher David M. Rountree. Well, David, a long-time researcher into the scientific aspects of the paranormal, has been heavily involved in EVP research and other areas where you can actually measure things. According to his bio, his EVP and EMF work "has led him to develop a wormhole hypothesis associated with a paranormal event horizon."

You can find more about David's investigations here:

S.P.I.R.I.T.

You may also want to check out his previous appearance on The Paracast:

January 24, 2010 — David M. Rountree

During our interview with Thomas P. Fusco for our December 8 episode, he mentioned that he works closely with paranormal researcher David M. Rountree. Well, David, a long-time researcher into the scientific aspects of the paranormal, has been heavily involved in EVP research and other areas where you can actually measure things. According to his bio, his EVP and EMF work "has led him to develop a wormhole hypothesis associated with a paranormal event horizon."

You can find more about David's investigations here:

S.P.I.R.I.T.

You may also want to check out his previous appearance on The Paracast:

January 24, 2010 — David M. Rountree

S.P.I.R.I.T. ( Scientific Paranormal Investigative Research Information and Technology )

par·a·nor·mal [pèrr? náwrm’l] adjective: impossible to explain scientifically: unable to be explained or understood in terms of scientific knowledge. ( Encarta )

ox·y·mo·ron [òksee máwròn] (plural ox·y·mo·ra) noun: expression with contradictory words: a phrase in which two words of contradictory meaning are used together for special effect, for example, “wise fool” or “legal murder” ( Encarta )

Do you think haunting phenomena might be caused by something called "discarnate consciousness"?

If so, what do you say to researchers who think that the only way to detect consciousness might be consciousness itself, i.e. a psychic medium or the perceptions / feelings of the researchers themselves and that technical equipment is basically useless?

Which specific cases of your own would speak most clearly against that?

Last edited:
Why do you believe that electrical and barometric tools can detect ghosts and such?

Do para-normal phenomena affect our power grids and barometers? If so, can we find the effects (but not the cause) described in common scientific or engineering literature?

How do you know what to measure for when you're dealing with stuff that is potentially completely different to anything we know, and which can't be verified? Did you get lucky trying different instruments while watching a ghost, or are you following traditions among ghost hunters or Tesla-mystics?

Do you often have botched readings, because of you own interaction with your tools, or because of weather changes and so forth? What natural sources have you identified that interfere with your readings?

Last edited:
What are the most common features that different haunted places have in common i.e. traumatic events, presence of moving water, limestone deposits etc. and what theories can be established based on those features. Is it somehow possible for some form of historical playback to be taking place simply because of the intensity of previous experiences taking place in unique geological spaces?

A lot of what is considered famous Ghost Hunting i.e. the Warrens, when investigated, appear to be pretty ridiculous with little science behind them and even less proof, but a whole lot of schmaltz. Can we actually take any stock in the idea of hauntings by the formerly living or is it all just an invention by those who like to be scared or promote a Christian worldview as with the Warrens?

Are there any commonalities to be found in the witnesses and experiencers of ghostly and poltergeist phenomenon? Are these phenomenon tied to teenagers, people who have suffered personal trauma in the past, or to individuals who are having very complicated personal psychological experiences, as seen in other past famous poltergeist cases?

My exposure to ghost hunters comes mainly via television programs so excuse my ignorance on the topic. However, why do ghost hunts usually take place at night? If there is an apparition why would the paranormal activity only take place at night?

Are you familiar with the case of Don Decker (rain boy) of Pennsylvania- where it was witnessed by many people, including the police who were called in- that this young man would go into a trance and make it rain indoors, and that the rain defied physics in that it would "rain up" and sideways. This case started right after Don attended the funeral of his grandfather who was his lifelong abuser. If familiar, what are your thoughts on this particular case?

In last week's episode, Thomas Fusco talked about an array of sensors you invented to measure paranormal effects. What physical quantities do these sensors measure? What and how do these measurements tell us about the paranormal? Do you have a mathematical model that relates a paranormal cause to the measured effects? How does one go about mathematically modeling the paranormal? How well do the sensed measurements match the model? Have you taken into account things like sensor noise and nonlinearity?

The last time that you were on the show you had mentioned that you were involved in a group that did haunting investigations and that due to an encounter with an evil entity that you have ceased doing investigations. What exactly happened? How has this affected your life? Has this changed your religious views? Are you going to write the book you mentioned about the encounter?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back