• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Jacobs Hypnosis Tapes

Elendil

Paranormal Maven
I stumbled onto this on YouTube by chance and thought I'll share the links here, I guess they might interest some posters here.
A whole series of these videos can be found on the same YT channel - it's tapes of hypnosis sessions a certain Colette M. Dowell did with David Jacobs back in 1989. There's also a video with a phone chat with Budd Hopkins.

Although the quality is horrible, due to everything being recorded via tape and with no mic, if you can bear to have a listen - I found the videos to be quite fascinating. Whatever we are dealing in regard to the abduction phenomenon - whether the final answer to the mystery would be a strange psychological phenomenon or a real encounter with unknown entities, it's files like these that, in my mind at least, ease the doubts that (all) abductees are bullshitters. After delving into the shit-show Ufology is, you can't help starting to wonder about that. But thankfully, these videos show that not everyone is Jim Sparks.

I found the emotions here (and on some other videos posted by forum members here) very genuine and visceral. So I'd argue that stuff like this adds to the notion that we have people who honestly believe that something is happening to them, and not in a pathological or attention-seeking way.

On the other hand, when listening to or reading Jacobs, I would also wonder if he is just full of shit and just pulling some kind of a Phill Imbrogno move on everyone. One can never be careful enough with such things in Ufology and both Jacobs and Hopkins definitely got hit with the Emma Woods and Carol Rainey episode.
Well, listening to these tapes also eases those doubts too. Whatever you may feel about Jacobs' conclusions, I'd say he comes off here as someone genuinely interested in the mystery and overall honest in his approach.

Anyways, here's a link to one video and the whole channel. I'd like to thank Colette M. Dowell for posting these into the public space.

YT Channel with other session videos

Personally, I think if Jacobs told me the sky was blue, I'd have to go outside and check.

But the emotional aspect is one thing in this whole debate that I find frankly annoying by skeptics. When this stuff happens to you, your response to it is real and often traumatic.

Personally, I think if Jacobs told me the sky was blue, I'd have to go outside and check.
I can name a lot of people to whom that applies to a far greater degree.

It's certainly legitimate to question his investigative methods, though, as we've done often.

Back