• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Icke

Free episodes:

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
I wasn't really sure what forum this should go in so if a mod wants to move it to another one please do so. :)

I had the displeasure of wasting 45 minutes last night watching a documentary about David Icke. The first things I heard him talk about was the global elite and the power structure at the very top of societies. All very good info because there are a few people in this world that literally own much of directly or indirectly. I heard him talk about the PNAC group and get into the 9/11 topic. Lots of good info. Then....

The twelve foot reptilians who are the global elite in disguise stuff came out in this documentary. Now, I have heard of this man before but to be honest never knew his beliefs or ideas, just heard of him. I wanted to punch a wall hearing this clown take good information and splice it with this nonsense. This kind of stuff does nothing but discredit the work done for people exposing the global elite and 9/11 as well. My question would be is Mr. Icke just crazy or is he a paid agent of disinformation?

When talking about subjects that are "unusual" I like to take an open mind because I might learn something. I had a very different reaction looking at this info because it makes a circus out of vital subjects that should be important to all people. I heard him then say he was told he is son of god as well when he was younger. Obviously he has mental issues, but I don't know if this info that takes serious data being spliced with pure BS are the acts of an insane man or the acts of a sell out.

So what are the views here of David Icke? I would love to hear him on the Paracast just to hear him getting ripped a new one. :)

I'm not sure if Icke still repeats his "Son of God" visions from many years ago, I was under the impression that he doesn't talk about that anymore. Sounds like a mental breakdown to me, back then. It can happen to the best of us. :)

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In an interview on the Terry Wogan show that year, he announced that he was "the son of God," [12] and that Britain would be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes. His statements were met with laughter and ridicule from the studio audience, derision in the press, and suggestions that he was mentally ill. Icke later said that he had been misinterpreted by the media. According to Icke, he used the term "the son of God" "... in the sense of being an aspect, as I understood it at the time, of the Infinite consciousness that is everything. As I have written before, we are like droplets of water in an ocean of infinite consciousness" (Tales From The Time Loop 2003).
After being widely ridiculed, he disappeared from public view. He has written that, for several years, he was unable to walk down the street without people pointing and laughing, and that this experience helped him find the courage to develop his controversial ideas, because he was no longer afraid of what people thought of him. He told Jon Ronson: "One of my very greatest fears as a child was being ridiculed in public. And there it was coming true. As a television presenter, I'd been respected. People come up to you in the street and shake your hand and talk to you in a respectful way. And suddenly, overnight, this was transformed into 'Icke's a nutter'. I couldn't walk down any street in Britain without being laughed at. It was a nightmare. My children were devastated because their dad was a figure of ridicule."

About the Reptilians, I think a lot of people get it terribly wrong, and Icke seems to be one of them. The Reptilian shape-shifting thing appears to have been observed repeatedly - these are not isolated reports. However, I mentioned in the thread "How can some people still think ufos are a threat?" that shape-shifting is most likely perceived psychically by those who have reported on it. The image of a spirit being is temporarily superimposed upon a human being, and the human is likely to be unaware of the process. In spiritualism, this phenomenon is termed "transfiguration", and reasonably common. In particular in the early days of the spiritualist movement in America and the UK, transfiguration mediums could regularly be observed during public demonstrations. I once watched this process myself, it is totally, utterly convincing to the eyes. How this is accomplished in detail, I have no idea. However, it is not miraculous, or specific to Reptilians.

musictomyears said:
About the Reptilians, I think a lot of people get it terribly wrong, and Icke seems to be one of them. The Reptilian shape-shifting thing appears to have been observed repeatedly - these are not isolated reports. However, I mentioned in the thread "How can some people still think ufos are a threat?" that shape-shifting is most likely perceived psychically by those who have reported on it. The image of a spirit being is temporarily superimposed upon a human being, and the human is likely to be unaware of the process. In spiritualism, this phenomenon is termed "transfiguration", and reasonably common. In particular in the early days of the spiritualist movement in America and the UK, transfiguration mediums could regularly be observed during public demonstrations. I once watched this process myself, it is totally, utterly convincing to the eyes. How this is accomplished in detail, I have no idea. However, it is not miraculous, or specific to Reptilians.

I don't have a problem if someone has far out there views, but this guy hurts VERY IMPORTANT issues with his nonsense on the "Reptilians" being the global elite. It's one thing if the guy is just a nut or a charlatan but it's that he hurts issues that deeply concern all of us is what makes me hate his guts. The more I read about this guy, the less I think he is just a "nut" and is doing this on purpose. He may be mentally unstable to begin with but he is putting facts with fiction to discredit the core issues of the world. Every time I have seen someone who does these types of things in regards to 9/11 has been shown as a paid off disinformation agent (Morgan Reynolds, Judy Wood, Jim Fetzer, David Shanyer, and Richard Siegel among others). It sounds like to me this guy's mental illness is being taken advantage of by those who need to protect their lies. He disgusts me as a human being.

Icke's latest efforts have lead him to the conclusion that the reptilians are actually aspects of ourselves because we are all one conciousness exploring itself infinitely. How did he arrive at this conclusion? Drug induced hallucination.

Best to ignore him, I think. Take his exploration of various family bloodlines for the value it has (which is really little more than trivia) and let the rest go.

cottonzway said:
I don't have a problem if someone has far out there views, but this guy hurts VERY IMPORTANT issues with his nonsense on the "Reptilians" being the global elite. It's one thing if the guy is just a nut or a charlatan but it's that he hurts issues that deeply concern all of us is what makes me hate his guts. The more I read about this guy, the less I think he is just a "nut" and is doing this on purpose. He may be mentally unstable to begin with but he is putting facts with fiction to discredit the core issues of the world. Every time I have seen someone who does these types of things in regards to 9/11 has been shown as a paid off disinformation agent (Morgan Reynolds, Judy Wood, Jim Fetzer, David Shanyer, and Richard Siegel among others). It sounds like to me this guy's mental illness is being taken advantage of by those who need to protect their lies. He disgusts me as a human being.

Well, the problem with Icke is that he makes these grand statements, but hardly ever reveals his sources. I once flicked through one of his books, and I don't remember seeing a single reference. I think that, similar to Von Daniken, Icke borrows heavily from other authors, without crediting them. He is certainly "out there", but, to his defence, I'd say at least his heart is in the right place.

Now, about Jim Fetzer being a "disinformation agent", please explain to me what you mean. Where has this been shown?

musictomyears said:
Now, about Jim Fetzer being a "disinformation agent", please explain to me what you mean. Where has this been shown?

He fully supports the views of the "no plane and space beam" people. He sold out.

musictomyears said:
Well, the problem with Icke is that he makes these grand statements, but hardly ever reveals his sources. I once flicked through one of his books, and I don't remember seeing a single reference. I think that, similar to Von Daniken, Icke borrows heavily from other authors, without crediting them. He is certainly "out there", but, to his defence, I'd say at least his heart is in the right place.

Too bad his brain isn't in the right place. It seems it's in his butt.

Some people think that because people have ridiculous ideas that means they are getting paid by the government. I think they come to this conclusion after watching too much of the president's spew on tv. If not, than they suffer from woowoo syndrome. I pointed out that Billy Meier is a fraud to a member here. They then asked me if I'm a disinfo agent and got upset with me etc. Just one example of woowoo thinking.

See woowoo credo
http://www.watchingyou.com/woowoo.html

I *bought and read* one of Icke's books - "Tales from the Time Loop" - I found a lot of the historical content very compelling. For as long as I can remember the whole concept of the 'Royal Family' has bothered me and he does go a long way to offer an explanation for their 'persistance' in our society. While he does talk literally about 'reptilian' beings, I prefer to consider that a metaphor for the way 'the elite' treat everyone else.

In the end, Icke offers an alternative explanation for 'the way things are' - how far you buy into it, is entirely up to the individual. If you can put the 'reptilian thing' to one side, you will get something out of his materials, even if it's just an awareness of an alternative reality theory.

There's a lot of Icke's videos on youtube - I recommend "Secrets of the Matrix" - it's a 7-hour long lecture he did and I found *some* of his ideas fascinating. That doesn't mean I believe everything he says. There's nothing wrong with hearing someone out and then discounting them as 'deluded' - but you have to listen to them first, before you make that judgement.

Icke would disagree with you on the metaphor bit. He really thinks Bush is a human eating reptoid.

I posted a two part interview with him in the alien/ufo video thread. If you haven't viewed it, but would like to, let me know and I'll find it.

"In 1999, Icke wrote and published The Biggest Secret: The Book that Will Change the World, in which he identified the extraterrestrial Prison Warders as reptilians from the constellation Draco. [22]They walk erect and appear to be human, living not only on the planets they come from, but also in caverns and tunnels under the earth. They have cross-bred with humans, which has created "hybrids" who are "possessed" by the full-blooded reptilians. [23] The reptiles' hybrid reptilian-human DNA allows them to change from reptilian to human form if they consume human blood. Icke has drawn parallels with the 1980s science-fiction series V, in which the earth is taken over by reptiloid aliens disguised as humans.

According to Icke, the reptilian group includes many prominent people and practically every world leader from Britain's late Queen Mother to George H.W. Bush, Hillary Clinton, Harold Wilson, and Tony Blair. These people are either themselves reptilian, or work for the reptiles as what Icke calls slave-like victims of multiple personality disorder: "The Rothschilds, Rockefellers, the British royal family, and the ruling political and economic families of the U.S. and the rest of the world come from these SAME bloodlines. It is not because of snobbery, it is to hold as best they can a genetic structure — the reptilian-mammalian DNA combination which allows them to 'shape-shift'." [4]

Icke has since published a number of additional books on the same theme. His latest work sees George W. Bush, also a reptilian, playing a key role in what Icke alleges is a 9/11 conspiracy. In Tales From The Time Loop and other works, Icke states that most organized religions, especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are Illuminati creations designed to divide and conquer the human race through endless conflicts. In a similar vein, Icke believes racial and ethnic divisions are an illusion promoted by the reptilians, and that racism fuels the Illuminati agenda."

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i have "tales from the timeloop", "children of the matrix", and "the biggest secret". they're laugh-out-loud funny at times, especially the tale of HRH, the Queen of england, transmogrifying into a muscular reptilian monster and raping a virgin with a dagger!!
however, there are points of icke's works that ARE compelling. he basically rehashed "illuminati" stuff and added in "OH- by the way, the biggest secret is that there's a reptilian shadow government".
i much prefer Bill Cooper's "Behold a Pale Horse". i think that one's a must-read. you'll get a lot out of that book, it will at least get you thinking. i do have a similar outlook on the government and the state of control here in america.
but if you really just want a laugh, google roland vasco and try to read his rambling allegations that he is trapped in a satellite-controlled government "time coup". classic.

A.LeClair said:
Icke would disagree with you on the metaphor bit. He really thinks Bush is a human eating reptoid.

Yes, I know.

Jessi said:
i have "tales from the timeloop", "children of the matrix", and "the biggest secret". they're laugh-out-loud funny at times, especially the tale of HRH, the Queen of england, transmogrifying into a muscular reptilian monster and raping a virgin with a dagger!! however, there are points of icke's works that ARE compelling. he basically rehashed "illuminati" stuff and added in "OH- by the way, the biggest secret is that there's a reptilian shadow government".

Unfortunately, his entire work is easily discredited by his critics because of the 'reptilian' angle - I wonder if he is being deliberately mislead?

Jessi said:
i much prefer Bill Cooper's "Behold a Pale Horse". i think that one's a must-read. you'll get a lot out of that book, it will at least get you thinking.

I'll put it on my ever-growing "to read" list... :)

Yay, 500 posts! Oh, wait a minute, that's a good thing, right? :confused:

Jessi said:
i have "tales from the timeloop", "children of the matrix", and "the biggest secret". they're laugh-out-loud funny at times, especially the tale of HRH, the Queen of england, transmogrifying into a muscular reptilian monster and raping a virgin with a dagger!!
however, there are points of icke's works that ARE compelling. he basically rehashed "illuminati" stuff and added in "OH- by the way, the biggest secret is that there's a reptilian shadow government".
i much prefer Bill Cooper's "Behold a Pale Horse". i think that one's a must-read. you'll get a lot out of that book, it will at least get you thinking. i do have a similar outlook on the government and the state of control here in america.
but if you really just want a laugh, google roland vasco and try to read his rambling allegations that he is trapped in a satellite-controlled government "time coup". classic.

The driver shooting JFK isn't as bad as Bush being a reptoid, I admit. Close though. Very close. And only because I know Bush is Satan. If it wasn't for this knowing I might think Icke was on to something:)

Here's Budd Hopkins dealing with Cooper and some of Coop's claims about him.
http://www.intrudersfoundation.org/william_cooper.html
Just thought I'd post it since it came to mind and was readily available.

I used to listen to Cooper on the Alan Handelman show a lot. I was amazed at the event of his death, given all the blow harding he had done on the show about fighting the government and how he'd be willing to die protecting his home/family etc. He'd talk about shooting them if they came on his property etc. Self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. It was weird finding out that this actually became a reality. I'm not sure why I think and feel that way though. Guess because it takes quite a lot to have that sort of scenario happen. I know many conspiracy theorists act like all you have to do is sneeze and the feds so up, but that isn't the case.

Rick Deckard said:
Yes, I know.

Unfortunately, his entire work is easily discredited by his critics because of the 'reptilian' angle - I wonder if he is being deliberately mislead?

I'll put it on my ever-growing "to read" list... :)

Yay, 500 posts! Oh, wait a minute, that's a good thing, right? :confused:

His "good stuff" is reportedly plagiarized Alan Watt's material. Or at least "inspired" depending on who you listen to I guess. Reptoids is just the icing on the cake. All that is needed to say when talking about Icke in many people's mind. It should be enough to establish the guy doesn't have a good hold on reality and there are perhaps better authors.

Cooper was one of the most hated people in ufology for a long time. More so than Klass. If you aren't familiar with him, I'm surprised. He's rather infamous.

I hope 500 posts is a good thing. If not, then you and I need to get a life:)

Bill Cooper's death was totally whitewashed by the police. First of all, the cops showed up at his house in the middle of the night for supposedly a weeks-old warrant that was out on him for some altercation with an intruder on his property. Second, there is evidence he was lured out of his home by a staged "teenage party" on his property. From what I've read and heard, his death was a planned assassination. However, he himself promotes an american militia, and fighting the authorities with guns, so who knows. If someone in a high place wanted him dead, it would have been so easy to sweep it under the rug.

David Icke is a nutcase and so was Cooper.

Cooper deserved it. #1 not paying income tax in years #2 firing at a civilian who walked too close to his property a few days earlier #3 barracading himself in his home and shooting a marshal in the head.

He was a paranoid ass who brought scads of discredit to Ufology and no matter how entertaining his writing and his imagination were, he was a divisive character who later devolved into a Montana Freeman jerk-off.

Speaking of fools, Icke is a very engaging and intelligent character -- but most conmen are. I have little patience for his reptilian crap. I like a little of his governmental and illuminati theories, but leapin lizards does this guy discredit himself.

Lone Gunman said:
David Icke is a nutcase and so was Cooper.

Cooper deserved it. #1 not paying income tax in years #2 firing at a civilian who walked too close to his property a few days earlier #3 barracading himself in his home and shooting a marshal in the head.

He was a paranoid ass who brought scads of discredit to Ufology and no matter how entertaining his writing and his imagination were, he was a divisive character who later devolved into a Montana Freeman jerk-off.

Speaking of fools, Icke is a very engaging and intelligent character -- but most conmen are. I have little patience for his reptilian crap. I like a little of his governmental and illuminati theories, but leapin lizards does this guy discredit himself.

I agree with you on both Icke and Cooper.

Rick Deckard said:
I *bought and read* one of Icke's books - "Tales from the Time Loop" - I found a lot of the historical content very compelling. For as long as I can remember the whole concept of the 'Royal Family' has bothered me and he does go a long way to offer an explanation for their 'persistance' in our society. While he does talk literally about 'reptilian' beings, I prefer to consider that a metaphor for the way 'the elite' treat everyone else.

In the end, Icke offers an alternative explanation for 'the way things are' - how far you buy into it, is entirely up to the individual. If you can put the 'reptilian thing' to one side, you will get something out of his materials, even if it's just an awareness of an alternative reality theory.

There's a lot of Icke's videos on youtube - I recommend "Secrets of the Matrix" - it's a 7-hour long lecture he did and I found *some* of his ideas fascinating. That doesn't mean I believe everything he says. There's nothing wrong with hearing someone out and then discounting them as 'deluded' - but you have to listen to them first, before you make that judgement.

Yes I agree. With Icke's stuff, the meta-material about consciousness and how things are controlled "behind the scenes" is very thought provoking and compelling, and it's stuff I've personally verified. But the literal material does harm his credibility to a large degree.

Regardless, that shouldn't particularly bother anyone. If someone reads a book and feels this overwhelming need to either believe or disbelieve the person, that's not a problem with the author, that's a problem with the reader.

Ideally one should take in what he can personally verify and store the rest for possible verification (or un-verification) in the future.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it."

Back