• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Biedny on The Noosphere Podcast

Free episodes:

Nice.

Just as I was about to spam the update podcast command on all my iTunes 'casts and may be even go podcast hunting.

woah! -thats one massive file size. Is it a really high bit rate or something?

edit 2 - props for the BSG intro music! You should use that every week.

Well, I hope it comes across OK, I felt like I was going to cough my lungs out during part of the episode. Good conversation, though the gals need to pipe up more and not let the guys hog the remote. :p

And I think I said "fucktards" once too many times... sigh, my damned dirty mouth, what's wrong with me?

dB

no worries, david... the coughing fits were easily removed, as well as the whole aneurism your computer had just as i was introducing you.... honestly you had me scared there for 5 minutes while you reconnected. i thought you hung up on us when i mentioned the x conference :D

we had a great time, and talked for a good while after the show...we need you back for some good debates on some technology topics. :rolleyes:

And I think I said "fucktards" once too many times... sigh, my damned dirty mouth, what's wrong with me?

dB

haha

I got the impression you were just cutting loose realising that you can actually express yourself freely without worrying about the explicit rating for iTunes.

As for the girls, well you pretty much said what I think every time I listen to the Noosphere.

no worries, david... the coughing fits were easily removed, as well as the whole aneurism your computer had just as i was introducing you.... honestly you had me scared there for 5 minutes while you reconnected. i thought you hung up on us when i mentioned the x conference :D

we had a great time, and talked for a good while after the show...we need you back for some good debates on some technology topics. :rolleyes:

Dude if David is ever keen to get back on, I would love to hear a debate on either 2012 or the singularity. Simply because David and ISO have opposite opinions (I think) on those 2 issues, and it would be entertaining to hear them duke it out verbally.

we're getting them out of their shell, slowly but surely ;)

seriously, though, there have been episodes that just could not have been anything without them. ie violet's shadow persons experiences and her apocalypse survival techniques on past shows

Dude if David is ever keen to get back on, I would love to hear a debate on either 2012 or the singularity. Simply because David and ISO have opposite opinions (I think) on those 2 issues, and it would be entertaining to hear them duke it out verbally.

David? :D

(because, honestly, that came up in post show...how they have different opinions on some things, but Iso didnt want to start a (friendly, of course) verbal debate during DB's inaugural appearance)

Erich,

I don't think I'd be able to get deeply into those topics, as I truly don't think much of them - or much about them - to offer any kind of useful conversation or debate. Surely there's other stuff we could talk about, no?

dB

wow, im always surprised to learn of who is actually listening to the show.

kudos to you, mr kimball, for all the incredible work you've done!

gene,

in case of rapture, grasp macworld tightly so you can take it with you.

in case of nuclear holocaust, macworld will unfortunately not serve as a blast shield.

in case of arctic meltdown and global flooding, combining multiple issues of macworld together may serve as a flotation device.

in case of extreme intellectual enlightenment, macworld will still be valid, since macs are so far ahead of the curve

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

conclusion: keep your subscription running.

:cool:

das e.

I would love to hear a debate on either 2012 or the singularity.
This is what I predict will happen in 2012.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nx4UEe98EkY&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nx4UEe98EkY&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

ps, paper may be in short supply for other needs... one may always stash their stack of mags in the outhouse for obvious reasons ;)

Back