• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Biedny, image processing and word recognition software help

Ah, David Rudiak's work. Reportedly he deduced all the English words down to the word "victims" which I find interesting. He showed the other words that were left, and none seemed to work. It's at his site. Not sure if you posted it or not. Even if you can't make out each letter, you can make out (pretty much) SOME of them, and how many. The deduction of "victim" or "victims" is what I find interesting and glad you posted this. I'd like to read other people's comments of course and haven't staked out a position.

I found that the words are easier to make out with a smaller pic btw.

Stillborn, whilst Rubiak's work is interesting I was wondering what someone with an image processing background could do with modern technology as the last attempt at using something decent seems to be at least 8 years ago. see http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_16_1_houran.pdf

Regards

Dougie

David R's is the latest work I'm familiar with. From what I've read, don't expect much else to come from that photo. Not much else to do with it other than magnify more blur I'm told. Hope they're wrong of course.

Back