• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Biedny - Expert....?

Free episodes:

Robert Fripp & The League Of Crafty Guitarists

It's about 10 people sitting in a semi circle with Ovation acoustic/electric guitars, playing Fripp compositions. He sits off to the side and plays soundscapes on his electric guitar/rig.

That's fuckin awesome, can't beleive I haven't come across this before, thanks for the lead.

did you ever here the project by fripp and east bay ray (dead kennedy's) called Sidi Monseur?

My trick when playing odd time signature (and I've played in a boat load of prog rock and fusion bands over the years! Gentle Giant, anyone? :D ) is... don't count! Really, just internalize it and play in time. I just hear the pattern in my head and follow it by feel.

When I start counting, or look at my left hand while playing, I mess myself up!

I have to get my brain out of the way. :D You should see me sight reading... playing along and then I'm thinking about something, and... where was I? :eek: I prefer to memorize things.

Yep, absolutely. Its not like you count in normal time so why count in a tricky time?

I think the key is to just play as much as possible in that tricky time so its easier to internalise it.

Yep, absolutely. Its not like you count in normal time so why count in a tricky time?

I think the key is to just play as much as possible in that tricky time so its easier to internalise it.

I never had too much trouble with odd time signatures, I think it's because I played without a metronome or drum beat for so long. Just me, my guitar and my parents basement for hours upon hours.

Back