• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

dark secrets deep underground

saucerwench

Skilled Investigator
I put this topic under the Conspiracy Theory place, because it is so intriguing as to generate speculation (theory) about what kind of secrets about conspiracies could be hidden away in this underground facility that you will read about thusly: Last night, I watched on the History Channel, something that made my jaw drop, --especially-- in the current newsfrenzy about WikiLeaks. They were showing us viewers all about this massive underground vault called 'The Hutchinson Salt Mines'. Nearly 700 feet beneath the US Kansas prairie, are stored not only old Hollywood film reels, but boxes and boxes of US Government documt secrets that will never see the light of day! The narrator said something that quickly nearly whisped by my ears. It was to the gist that, these documents must be classified forever? Did I hear that right? I recently watched a re-run of 'Raiders Of the Lost Ark', and always found that giant endless warehouse near the end of that movie, to be ridiculous. The Hutchinson salt Mine --IS-- that warehouse, which is REAL, not ridiculous. I guess we better not let Julian Assange get near it............Kansas Salt Mines Scroll down to, "Kansas salt mine warehouse preserves nation's treasures".

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I know that an unfriendly expression toward the 'Godlike Productions' site had come up over here for some reason, however, I am pasting this link to them because they are discussing not only my subject raised here, but other billion dollar scary underground government constructs full of questionable items and purposes.
For example: did a little reading on this place after seeing just the end of the article on the History Channel. What was scarier than the storage of the millions of crates of MRE's was the non-disclosure of what the CDC was storing there. There is also another gargantuan government storage facility in a salt mine very near Hutchinson, Kansas. This one is used primarily for gov documents
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1284946/pg1

Underground tunnels and government secrets? Sounds like cornfed BS to me! Except...

A couple of years ago a family member told me a story that changed my way of thinking about this often maligned line of thought. He told it to me and another family in the course of a long evening's discussion about his past career in the oil industry, and never mentioned any sort of government conspiracy mindset in conjunction with it. I've since had him recount it again, and it was the same story again.

Back during one of those gas crises in the early 70s, he was working for an oil supply trucking company supplying material for the Alaska pipeline. At the time, with odd-even gas rationing you couldn't just buy gas every day of the week, and since his company was working on increasing the gas supply it didn't make sense to keept heir trucks off the road every other day, slowing down progress on the pipeline. He eventually testified before congress on the matter and as a result was cleared to receive an exemption from the rationing. He just had to go pick up the paperwork on his company's behalf.

He went to the location in Waco where he was going to pick the authorizing paperwork from the Department of Energy. It was a small white frame building, which seemed to him to be quite small and nondescript for a federal building. He introduced himself to the secretary at the desk, and she told they were ready for him. This didn't make much sense to him since there was no obvious place for another office there.

It was then he noticed the elevator door behind him as it opened up, gesturing to him to step into it. He did, and much to his surprise it began to to head downwards, though clearly there were floor above him. It went down what seemed to be an incredible depth, down and down and down. Once it stopped and opened, there was a federal guard on a golf cart waiting for him. He led him down a seemingly endless tunnel, past numerous closed doors with no sign of activity behind them, and on, and on. The cart finally stopped, and the guard motioned to him that they were at their destination.

That was the Department of Energy office, where he got his paperwork, got back on the cart, travelled back that long tunnel, got back on elevator, came back up into that small office in that small white frame building and stepped back into the world as you and I know it.

No UFOs, no aliens, no deros, just a Department of Energy office in one of the strangest locations you might imagine.

He can no longer recall just where the building was in Waco, or on the outskirts of Waco, but it is interesting to note that one of the largest publicly acknowledged underground structures in the US, the Superconducting Super Collider, had 14 miles of tunnel and 17 shafts to the surface before it was cancelled in 1993. It's location in Waxahatchie was not far from Waco, and one wonders if this was a repurposing of some previously built underground structures.

It certainly has made me think twice everytime I hear about massive underground structures.

Imagine all the underground structures that we know of, then just imagine the ones we dont know of. When the bombs come a dropping, underground is the safest place to be. If I was rich man(c'mon lotto) I would buy on of those old missle silo's and deck that baby out and be known as the wierd guy that lives underground.

Back