• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Current UFO Shows — Worthwhile?

henris42

Paranormal Maven
As Gene just enlightened me, there will be yet another new season of Ancient Aliens.

What is your take, is this worth watching at all? Or are any other new UFO shows any good? I tried watching the new one at Netflix, but I stopped in second episode and haven't found myself to continue as it was boring and suspect. I haven't tried the JJ Abrams one yet though, but I'm just sceptical.

Also as we have here a quite international lot - are there any good non-english shows?

I might catch some of these shows, though I tend to ignore reality programming. But not if they require subscribing to yet another streaming service. Who would have thought that cutting the cable cord could end up costing more?

One thing I'm missing is that I'd love to hear about on newer ufo cases on these shows. (I mean other than Nimitz)
I find this "why they are here" talk to be complete nonsense and unproductive.
So that makes me kinda "Hynekian" I guess.

I've found Ancient Aliens entertaining till they start talking about aliens. The actual historical background of the topic can be interesting at times.

In my opinion most UFO shows on cable TV are "watch bait". Filled with highly dramatized content of already well known vetted cases to instill a sense of "wonder".

However, I did enjoy Small Town Monsters production of On the Trail of UFOS and UFO Witness with Ben Hanson. With location shoots and witness interviews. I found these pretty interesting.

Small Town Monsters has some good films in general. With some Big Foot films that find nothing which lays out the stark reality of investigation.

Alas, you have to be in Canada to watch (or watch using VPN), but Spaceman and UFO Town are two episodes of the CBC documentary series. Spaceman covers the mysterious disappearance of Granger Taylor, who disappeared over 40 years ago claiming that he was going to travel with aliens. UFO Town revisits the town where the Guardian landing was reputed to occur.
I watched the entire UFO series on showtime and the production values are the best I've ever seen in a UFO documentary and it managed to avoid most of the woo-woo, but it is clearly targeted towards people who are new to the topic.

When it comes to Showtime and other services, I'm not inclined to want to subscribe to any more of them unless I can justify the expense. So much for the benefits of cable cord cutting.

But there are often one-week or one-month trials, and I have, from time to time, subscribed to a service for a month or two and then cancelled when the show ended.

So I see Showtime has a 7-day trial running now. Maybe.
Yeah, the fragmentation of streaming services is something I find very annoying, so I can understand your reticence to pull the trigger on a service for one freaking show. If you do decide to get the trial and watch, I'd been interested in your thoughts. There isn't a lot of new info in it, but again, I thought it's a good introduction for people new to this topic.

So any guidance on these new shows? I still haven't even tried.

I have also been wondering always, if there are any good non-english ones?

I dunno what's going on with Ancient Aliens. There are three episodes so far on my Hulu Live and two of them are just top ten lists that just dredge up stuff from their previous 16 seasons. The show jumped the shark about 8-10 years ago.

However, I have watched a new four-part series on Amazon Prime called 'UFO' and I thought it was really well done. The shows are not part of the free programing on Prime. I had to purchase the episodes for $2.99 apiece. It was worth it.

A lot just repeating material and Dr. Randle latest podcast sets were great listening . Still enjoyed the Project Blue Book fictional - part real - TV series that did generate larger audiences to the field. There is a couple of episodes that touched on borderline how it happened and room for another series should be in the works on the overseas investigations.

Red

Alas, you have to be in Canada to watch (or watch using VPN), but Spaceman and UFO Town are two episodes of the CBC documentary series. Spaceman covers the mysterious disappearance of Granger Taylor, who disappeared over 40 years ago claiming that he was going to travel with aliens. UFO Town revisits the town where the Guardian landing was reputed to occur.
I watched the entire UFO series on showtime and the production values are the best I've ever seen in a UFO documentary and it managed to avoid most of the woo-woo, but it is clearly targeted towards people who are new to the topic.

---------------------------

Red, CBC has a youtube channel with both of the documentaries. Their youtube titles for searching are:

"A mysterious VHS tape, a military bunker, and UFO sightings near Ottawa | UFO Town"
"He built a spaceship in his backyard. Then he vanished forever | CBC Docs POV"

So I think anyone can watch them
----------------------------

As for Ancient Aliens... many years ago I went and downloaded the first few episodes. It was unwatchable in my opinion. Such breathless sensational rubbish that I quickly deleted them after 20 minutes. Whoa. Same with all the Ghost reality shows... youtube had pieces of many of them at one point... unwatchable nonsense... running around in the dark like kids trying to scare each other. Nutty.

A serious mid 1990's Britsh ghost TV show called "Ghosthunters" is available, almost complete over several seasons, on various youtube channels. This is a no nonsense show very much worth watching. It will take effort to track down all the episodes, if you so wish, as they are all put up by different people, use Wikipedia to get the list of episode titles. I was able to find them all and download from youtube. They are Unmatched by anything I have yet seen on the subject.

Search youtube to get Episode 1 and see what you think. It is by far.. the best Ghost TV show I have ever found.

Ghosthunters UK - Part 1 - Legends of Roman Legionaires +2

Last edited:
I guess youtube must be blocking users from viewing by region / continents?

The "He built a spaceship in his backyard. Then he vanished forever" is, in my opinion, rubbish "click bait". More nuanced students of UFO history will be aware of the extraordinary Travis Walton case - and therefore give some credence to the possibility that maybe, just maybe, "they" did come and take this guy away. But not this case.

Anyway, hopefully someone will track down some of those Ghosthunters UK episodes, they should be available for a global audience. I'd like to read some feedback from those who were able to view an episode or two... is there a better show on the subject out there that I have missed?

When Ghost Hunters aried on Discovery Channel in the 90`s it was my favourite paranormal TV series, I remember they were kind of low-key and mysterious with high production quality, not what you see today with fast cutting scenes.
I have all episodes of Ghost Hunters on 2 DVD collection boxes, their hard to find today if not impossible.

Another paranormal series I enjoyed was Unsolved Mysteries from 1987 with Robert Stack, especially the UFO material, available on YouTube.

Some of those Ghost TV shows are good pure entertainment with some odd events occurring. While some are suggesting they can see alleged ETs and can sing to them is laughable but good tunes. There is a need for strong original term Flying Saucer-Fast Trackers official term from unkonws - Western Military and Science - Military radar observers (skinwalker front loaded term) science TV show with a little speculation on the Unknown and not the same folks everytime . Yes the phenomenon is real but abductions is in the grey zone. Dr Randle, made excellent point on Project Blue Book and the ongoing phenomenon of stolen valour which the UAP field well known for on alleged Vietnam Veterans who are a bunch of mungrols and disgraceful act.

If we're talking about old shows, I've always found "In search of..", hosted by Leonard Nimoy quite interesting. It has the 70's open-mindedness in it.

The Curt Jaimungual YouTube show is very good and his interview with scholar Richard Dolan was open minded not full of ridicule . His views on Wilson Memo has been close . CX which I know and the other whose not some UFO showbiz addict. The fact the US Authorities acknowledged UFOs are real which most on this forum and other new years ago. Scholar Richard Dolan discussion with the chap who was very ill next to his bed is interesting . The gentleman dropped some very good clues and the video of US Astronaut Edgar Mitchell's on Project Unity interview following a similar thread line. The unknown -UFO-UAP has not gone away and is increasing so is the scenario like in the movie Mission to Mars going to be one of the outcome ? Or will be Predetor on steroids or back to the future ? Don't buy breakaway civilisation as folks would have use it to takeover the World and show their hand by now (Roswell -Crashes not human Nick , FOIA is only one element and latest alleged witness third hand got descriptions wrong -interview folks who were there not third hand all matched descriptions in different locations in US they were sent and not on Roswell lists as was the need to know -"loselips sink battleships" -and Col Corso read the manual ). Also Artifical Inteligence would put a spanner in the works for that. Betting chap Mission to Mars and Back to the Future. Solar system full of life.

Last edited:
I am igniting this thread to say how I have found many interesting shows covering UFO's in particular the one on Skinwalker ranch , Travis is an excellent investigator and I like how his experiments are very proactive in drawing out strange phenomena. At the moment they are investigating strangeness above the 'triangle' , its as if there is something cloaked in that area that can affect GPS and mask aircraft transponder signals that are flying very close and low to the triangle. -
Other shows of note - Expedition X have just aired a show about USO activity off the west coast of USA and have footage of an orb / UFO leaving the ocean going up, up, UP - I find Josh who is the front for the show has a knack for being really lucky with his finding of strange clues when he is personally on site
So here is a strange choice -'Dead files'.. They have a medium called Amy Allan who conducts walk throughs and picks up on other worldly entities. I have seen at least 2 episodes where she mentions Aliens are the cause of activity towards the those living at the location she is investigating. I found it rather ominous as a particular family were being visited by these aliens, had been for many years, there was no point in them moving to avoid the visitations as there was nothing they could do and to find a contactee group to talk to others who were experiencing contact to see if they could provide advice on how to cope. Here is a ink to one of those alien episodes The Dead Files: Season 9, Episode 6

Back