• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cure For Abductions?

Free episodes:

valiens

Skilled Investigator
A tiny bit of a thought just popped into my mind: If alien abductions represent hallucination & misinterpretation, as the majority of shrinks say, then has any abductee ever been cured? One goes to therapy for relief and, it is hoped, to wake up out of their psychological dilemma.

Are there cases of this?

The gal from Harvard who studied and worked with abductees, then wrote her book about them. Did she actually help them with her epiphany? Any of 'em cured of abduction thanks to her revelation?

Also, if abductee authors are lying for profit, barring Jim Sparks, the market is down. Wouldn't the smartest thing to do be to write a book about how he/she did wake from the delusion of abductions? The personal struggle to see through the delusion of abductions into the truth that it was covering: I was molested. My father beat me. Blah blah blah. Whatever the thing is masking.

Has that type of book been written? If not, why not?

valiens said:
A tiny bit of a thought just popped into my mind: If alien abductions represent hallucination & misinterpretation, as the majority of shrinks say, then has any abductee ever been cured? One goes to therapy for relief and, it is hoped, to wake up out of their psychological dilemma.

You know, I don't think I have ever heard of such a book. That would be interesting. I tend to think that someone out there has that very book already written in their head, but has not got it published. I think the chances favor that for nearly any subject.

But going off on a tangent....I think it was mentioned once on the Paracast that the best defense against aliens (and therefore abductions) is a camera!:p

I've worked with people who I told they were probably having sleep paralysis. After teaching them about it, they nodded and said that that explanation makes sense and they no longer had the experiences. Or if they did, no longer were frightened of them and associated them with aliens etc. Unfortunately I rarely get a good abduction case. The cases mentioned above had all signs of SP, and no sign of being abducted by anyone, let alone something alien.

Back