• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

CSETI UFOs?

Cosmic Ejaculator 1814

~Trout Mask Replica~
These "UFOs" were allegedly filmed during CSETIs infamous CE-5 trainings. I'd really like Davids ( or anyone elses) honest opinion on what they might be. Personally, I found some of them to be quite compelling...

Not saying it isn't UFO footage....but....these flashes of light could be virtually anything. Seems they're starting at the conclusion and ignoring logical explanations.

Most of that footage seems to be done in night vision. The smallest of flashes will appear to be very bright due to the image intensifiers a night vision camera or scope uses, so those flashes in the video could very well be fireflies. That flash you see at 1:50 certainly isn't as big in reality as it appears in the video. Notice the small halo of light you see.

Take a look here: http://www.hownightvisionworks.com/ - Take a look at the night vision image on this site and you see the same halo of light around street lights in the distance. There's no question those are lights in that CSETI footage, but they could be any number of conventional things in my opinion.

Most of that footage seems to be done in night vision. The smallest of flashes will appear to be very bright due to the image intensifiers a night vision camera or scope uses, so those flashes in the video could very well be fireflies. That flash you see at 1:50 certainly isn't as big in reality as it appears in the video. Notice the small halo of light you see.

Take a look here: http://www.hownightvisionworks.com/ - Take a look at the night vision image on this site and you see the same halo of light around street lights in the distance. There's no question those are lights in that CSETI footage, but they could be any number of conventional things in my opinion.

I think you're right about the object at 1:50 - it's probably not as large as it appears in the clip. Actually, to me, it looks like an iridium-satellite. But, I have a hard time accepting the "smaller" objects on the ground as fireflies. Would several fireflies flash at the exact same time?

Here's a couple of clips from the early 90's, none of which were shot with night-vision...

Those are a bit more compelling. I'm not sure what they could be, but a conventional origin doesn't stick out to me as they are only visible as lights in the sky. Could be a lot of things.

Back