• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Credible vs. Clown list needed

Yeah, but good researchers like Budd don't publicize certain aspects of the abduction.. very odd minutiae. But he often hears the same details over and over. John Mack said the same thing. People out in the bush in Africa would tell the same abduction tales, and that's not in their culture or known to them. The Bible even tells of angles coming down and kidnapping people.

Budd has stated that he has tried to lead people into having an abduction memory under hypnosis when they didn't, and they still didn't.

Abductees seem to often have little recollection of the experience. Some might have "bookend" memories, but some have nothing.

For what ever reason, the memories are never totally removed, just blocked. Maybe they can't remove them? Maybe our brains are different. So hypnotic regression is a good tool to unblock those memories, but it doesn't put memories that aren't there.

But you have to have a skilled person doing the hypnosis of course.

I think he's done far more good than bad.

Perhaps.... I'm still going to reserve the right to be sceptical when it comes to this one. Of course, I'm no expert, not yet any way;)

I think Paul's List is generally right on, but I have noticed he tends to overlook the contributions of field workers in favor of compilers/theoreticians. The three best UFOlogists that are not on the list and would be top of the heap would be Walter Webb, Raymond Fowler and Ted Phillips,with Richard Haines and Robert Hastings also having extraordinary levels of credibility. All would be there because of their absolute integrity and attention to detail in their work, and their devotion to the data ,not to theories,which at this point UFOlogy doe not have in any meaningful scientific sense.:)

I figure you cannot trust Anybody but yourself on these matters.
Character assassination is moot..it's all bullshit until you have your very own Sighting/abduction.
After all..we all know the Earth is round now, don't we? ::)

Back