• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Crash Retrievals

KEROUAC

Skilled Investigator
I was listening to an old episode of the paracast about crash retrievals with Ryan Wood who wrote a book on the subject and Gene made the comment that with the quantity of supposed UFO crashes they must be letting the lowest bidder bulid their machines.

I was thinking about this point and thought that either the crashed saucer reports are false or there is some underlying reason why UFOs are crashing in high numbers. Because we have quite a bit of good evidence on many of these cases which seems to give them credence I wanted to put forward a theory on why, if the reports are true we may be getting so many cases of crashed UFOs.

It's all hypothesis but I wondered if the following scenario could be true. Perhaps if UFOs are appearing fom other dimensions then when they exit to another dimension they might leave behind some residual matter. We would see this as a physical object or piece of metal but perhaps this is actually the UFOs previous state before it entered into another dimension. So in effect the UFOs which have crashed have actually passed into other dimensions leaving behind a physical "cast off" which in many cases has broken up into pieces. It could also apply to the physical bodies of the occupants.

I know this is all just a vague theory and it is impossible to prove one way or another but if true it could explain the high level of so called crashes which would not be "crashes" in the true sense. There needs to be a theory of why it might be happening otherwise it makes for a ridiculous scenario of other beings traversing billions of light years to get here, dodging planets and asteroids only to come a cropper doing basic three point turn manouvres. :)

I was listening to an old episode of the paracast about crash retrievals with Ryan Wood who wrote a book on the subject and Gene made the comment that with the quantity of supposed UFO crashes they must be letting the lowest bidder bulid their machines.

I was thinking about this point and thought that either the crashed saucer reports are false or there is some underlying reason why UFOs are crashing in high numbers. Because we have quite a bit of good evidence on many of these cases which seems to give them credence I wanted to put forward a theory on why, if the reports are true we may be getting so many cases of crashed UFOs.

It's all hypothesis but I wondered if the following scenario could be true. Perhaps if UFOs are appearing fom other dimensions then when they exit to another dimension they might leave behind some residual matter. We would see this as a physical object or piece of metal but perhaps this is actually the UFOs previous state before it entered into another dimension. So in effect the UFOs which have crashed have actually passed into other dimensions leaving behind a physical "cast off" which in many cases has broken up into pieces. It could also apply to the physical bodies of the occupants.

I know this is all just a vague theory and it is impossible to prove one way or another but if true it could explain the high level of so called crashes which would not be "crashes" in the true sense. There needs to be a theory of why it might be happening otherwise it makes for a ridiculous scenario of other beings traversing billions of light years to get here, dodging planets and asteroids only to come a cropper doing basic three point turn manouvres. :)

I think that crashing ufos can happen in any multitude of ways; your theory is just as valid as any other. We know nothing of what these craft are composed of, from where they come, to where they go, their purpose, or etc...

But the point remains that we humans are constantly adding space debris into decaying orbits. Everything from bolts and washers, old satellites to urine dumps. I don't think that there is any way to predict, from distances as vast as thousands of light years or from distances as close as "light hours" as to the particular amount and trajectory of these ever increasing objects. I don't ascribe to the theory that we humans are "shooting down" these craft. We haven't demonstrated that we have the ability to do so, only that we have the will and belligerence to attempt such endeavors.

Ceteris parabus we have to rationalize that there are some random variables that trajectory equations, no matter how precise, cannot account for.

I don't believe any of the 'crash retrieval' fables. The idea that some advanced species builds vehicles that can travel between stars/galaxies, maybe between dimensions and time, which are so crappy that they fall out of the sky like raindrops on planet earth, is ludicrous IMHO.You'd be much safer flying Virgin...

Sure, there have been many reported crashes, and some appear credible. But that doesn't mean UFOs are crap or junk. There must have been millions of sightings, so 5-50 crashes may compare favorably to the record of earthly technology. I don't think crashes are residue from returning to some other dimension. Whole craft have been reported and relatively few UFOs leave behind such a "signature."

Based on the number of UFO sightings I think there have probably been millions of alien craft that have visited Earth in the 20th century. I don't think it's unusual that a number have crashed. There have probably only a handful of actual crashes and of that handful some may have been brought down by technology of ours.

It's ridiculous to think that just because a alien race is extremely advanced that their technology is crash proof. There will always be problems. Human computer hardware for example still crashes almost as much as it did when it was 1000 times less sophisticated. I think the aliens probably have materials that organically heal and nano technologies that self repair but I doubt even that's going to make the saucers crash proof.

There have probably only a handful of actual crashes and of that handful some may have been brought down by technology of ours.

Right. There seems to be a great variety of craft and while certain types can probably withstand our weapons, others may not.

I think the aliens probably have materials that organically heal and nano technologies that self repair but I doubt even that's going to make the saucers crash proof.

Of course not. Self healing or repair won't prevent a smash up from happening in the first place. :)

That's a really funny comment Gene made about the lowest bidder. I think there is plenty of evidence that *some* of the crash stories were made up to cover something else, and a lot of them are just nonsense, but there does seem to be a fair number of cases that *may* be real.

Just because we haven't figured out how to get to other worlds, that does not mean it's all that difficult. How can we say the visitors are necessarily far in advance of us in anything, other than of course getting here. We are very quick to anthropomorphize many things, but it's just silly to insist that our evolutionary trajectory is the only one possible, or even likely.

I think there is plenty of evidence that *some* of the crash stories were made up to cover something else, and a lot of them are just nonsense, but there does seem to be a fair number of cases that *may* be real.

The book Revealed! The Greatest UFO Secrets says much the same thing. It seems that only a few crashes are real, but in some cases a UFO exploded as opposed to crashed.

How can we say the visitors are necessarily far in advance of us in anything, other than of course getting here.

For one thing, there are a number of reports of them using telepathy, and even mindreading.

For one thing, there are a number of reports of them using telepathy, and even mindreading.

Fair enough, but that doesn't mean their technology is any more foolproof than ours, or that their judgment in an alien environment is is perfect. The point is, we know more about whale language than we know about them, so making assumptions about their abilities and their craft is pretty presumptuous of us.

Fair enough, but that doesn't mean their technology is any more foolproof than ours, or that their judgment in an alien environment is is perfect.

Right, just because they're more advanced doesn't mean they can't fail.

The point is, we know more about whale language than we know about them, so making assumptions about their abilities and their craft is pretty presumptuous of us.

Actually there is some factual basis for them occasionally screwing up.

I hesitate to invoke the name here, but Strieber has said the aliens are people, with strengths and weaknesses just like any other people. This makes a great deal of sense to me. Strieber said when we encounter them, they might be tired, pissed off, not paying enough attention to something they should, just like anybody else. There does seem to be a wide range of behaviors reported. I think some of that is because they are likely from very different origins, too.

Back