• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coronavirus... what if ?

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
The Chinese doctor who tried to warn other medics about the corona-virus died an hour ago.

123.jpeg
Chinese doctor who tried to warn others about coronavirus dies - Global Times

What if...

It's an experiment by our visitors ;)
What's stopping technologically advanced visitors from testing their cattle farm (us) in a relatively easy, bloodless pre-invasion scheme?
Is that the real cat out of the bag ? And possibly the real reason why UFO's are taboo. Because it forces us to consider input from outside our ecosystem over which we have no control and have no resources to deal with. It introduces possibilities that obviously would panic humanity in its entirety unless it would unite to fight that external force (ie. Ronald Reagan speech on alien invasion).

Alexander Wendt has good points below in the YouTube video. Unfortunately it opens up a can of worms humans are currently not equipped to deal with.

What precautions do these guys take before they introduce themselves in our environment ? Trojan ? lol
What stops these entities from injecting anything they want into planet earth?

unidentified-S1-desktop-2048x1152.jpg

Expanding on that initial post....

Luis Elizondo disclosed US Navy events, videos and pilot description of these events that highlight craft behavior way beyond applied science as defined by Albert Einstein.

What better proof do you need to convince humanity of external presence?

I'm betting that not only is there external presence... there is intervention and manipulation. I'd liken it to a gardener... however if humans become a threat to their garden and start acting like a virus... who knows ?

Robert Salas instinctively thinks we are getting warned by them. I think he's right on the money.
Star & Stripes quoted former Air Force Capt. Robert Salas, who was at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana in 1967 when 10 ICMs he was overseeing suddenly became inoperative - at the same time base security informed him of a mysterious red glowing object in the sky.

Interesting new stuff to consider with this thought experiment 20 days later.

Imagine having to consider an extra-terrestrial source of infection to top off the insane current stress level on the planet.

An interesting fact about the starting location of the corona-virus: If you were an alien and wanted to inject a virus into our ecosystem, Wuhan is definitely a great candidate.

Wuhan is the most populous city in Central China and among the most populous in China. In the Sixth Census of China in 2010, Wuhan's built-up area made of 8 out of 10 urban districts (all but Xinzhou and Hannan not yet conurbated) was home to 8,821,658 inhabitants.[154] As of 2015, the city of Wuhan had an estimated population of 10,607,700 people.[153]

Another thought... If you wanted to measure how close a civilization was to a Type 1 (Kardashev scale), with this type of injection you'd get a quick answer. A few months of observation would provide you enough information.

Another reason to keep a very tight lid on the ET hypothesis... If I was in charge, I'd wait until we were at least type 1 before any disclosure ;)

Last edited:
Imagine having to an consider an extra-terrestrial source of infection to top off the insane current stress level on the planet.
Personally I think the source of these viral outbreaks is probably a lot closer to home, with the hierarchy of reasonableness being:
  1. Mutation by exposure to natural environmental conditions.
  2. Mutation by exposure to environmental conditions created by humans.
  3. Engineered by humans e.g. a bio-weapon, perhaps released accidentally, but possibly for testing purposes
  4. Alien engineered.
There is ample evidence that option 1 & 2 happens. There is also ample evidence that bio-weapons research has used unsuspecting citizens as guinea pigs. There is also some tantalizing historical accounts of ufos being associated with plagues in the past, as well as religious mythology where deities have used disease to punish humans.

There are some who have theorized that HIV is engineered by aliens, because at the time it was finally isolated and identified, no lab on Earth could have made it, and it didn't seem to be something natural. Wikipedia says that theory has been discredited, but then again, the Guerilla Skeptics that have infected Wikipedia aren't exactly non-biased. Here's something else:

There is ample evidence that option 1 & 2 happens. There is also ample evidence that bio-weapons research has used unsuspecting citizens as guinea pigs. There is also some tantalizing historical accounts of ufos being associated with plagues in the past, as well as religious mythology where deities have used disease to punish humans.

I prefer the idea of 'testing the resilience of a specie'. No need to punish when you can just wipe the plate at your leisure.

Humans do that with monkeys to test new medication.... I'm just extrapolating :)

With 'Elizondo-type' disclosures, the possibility of alien engineered constructs being injected in our ecosystem gains more credibility is what I'm saying. It adds a brand new slate of possibilities that wouldn't 'normally' be considered.

Options 1 or 2 are the obvious rational pre-elizondo conclusions.

Last edited:
Personally I think the source of these viral outbreaks is probably a lot closer to home, with the hierarchy of reasonableness being:
  1. Mutation by exposure to natural environmental conditions.
  2. Mutation by exposure to environmental conditions created by humans.
  3. Engineered by humans e.g. a bio-weapon, perhaps released accidentally, but possibly for testing purposes
  4. Alien engineered.

There are some who have theorized that HIV is engineered by aliens, because at the time it was finally isolated and identified, no lab on Earth could have made it, and it didn't seem to be something natural. Wikipedia says that theory has been discredited, but then again, the Guerilla Skeptics that have infected Wikipedia aren't exactly non-biased. Here's something else:

Only thing I have to say on the Covid 19 topic is, this is not the flu, this is quite serious as nations do not shut down whole cities and manufacturing due to the seasonal flu... china has far from told the actual truth and from the meeting I had today about this I am really quite worried about what comes next. Mortality of 3+% (seasonal flu is 0.1%) and an R0 of between 4 and 7 (seasonal flu is 1.28), I have lots of other official stats on this and been ordered by my faculty to make sure we have all academic delivery backed up in case of pandemic shut down and or deaths..... yeah sorry people faculties do not do this unless they have a solid reason to.

Please also bear in mind that we don't know the total number of people affected. To most victims, it's just another cold or flu, and thus is not reported. But deaths certainly are, so I would optimistically suggest the mortality rate may be lower than the current figure.

Please also bear in mind that we don't know the total number of people affected. To most victims, it's just another cold or flu, and thus is not reported. But deaths certainly are, so I would optimistically suggest the mortality rate may be lower than the current figure.

Hope that is the case as well Gene, the main thing is don't panic as that is not helpful at all.
Seems there are in fact two strains of nCoV-2 going on, an S and L strain with the latter one being the really nasty one in china and Iran, the S strain seems to be the one in Japan from what I can tell.

Oh well nothing we can do really and anyway 81% of people who get it really only suffer a normal flu so could be worse I guess, what this is not is the end of the world "T" virus from the movies :)

Only thing I have to say on the Covid 19 topic is, this is not the flu, this is quite serious as nations do not shut down whole cities and manufacturing due to the seasonal flu... china has far from told the actual truth and from the meeting I had today about this I am really quite worried about what comes next. Mortality of 3+% (seasonal flu is 0.1%) and an R0 of between 4 and 7 (seasonal flu is 1.28), I have lots of other official stats on this and been ordered by my faculty to make sure we have all academic delivery backed up in case of pandemic shut down and or deaths..... yeah sorry people faculties do not do this unless they have a solid reason to.

R0 between 4 and 7. Holy batman ! Catastrophic in high density areas like India and Africa.

Any news from Russia ? seems awkwardly absent.

R0 between 4 and 7. Holy batman ! Catastrophic in high density areas like India and Africa.

Any news from Russia ? seems awkwardly absent.

Looking into it last night there are now cases in India and Nepal so yeah it is there, now as for Russia they do have a few cases but closed travel between them and China almost right away when news broke about this virus.

Guess we wait and see.

Looking into it last night there are now cases in India and Nepal so yeah it is there, now as for Russia they do have a few cases but closed travel between them and China almost right away when news broke about this virus ... Guess we wait and see.
I heard on the radio that there has been a huge run on hand sanitizer, so while at the local supermarket I went to check their stock, and found the whole shelf cleared and a sign saying "Currently Out Of Stock" taped to the shelves. I've never seen this in my entire life, and apparently the state of California has just declared a state of emergency: Grand Princess cruise ship at center of coronavirus fight amid concerns about spread

Despite all this I remain calm in the faith that my immune system will handle it if I were to get it. The other direction I tend to go is that it's part of some bio-weapons test. If you ever see the pictures of the chicken farms in China, and read-up on bio-warfare, it would be easy to see how the injections they give their poultry could easily be intentionally contaminated. China is a signatory to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on Their Destruction:

But that doesn't necessarily stop independent bio-terrorists or black projects from infiltrating these very vulnerable facilities. Personally I'm somewhat skeptical about the ability of these viruses to mutate in this manner, however there is also this article:

Either way, natural or artificial, I tend to empathize with your sentiment that there's more to the picture that we're being told. Perhaps what we see as an overreaction is the result of the Global monitoring systems using the outbreak to do an aggressive test of their procedures. I don't know. The political and economic ramifications are also factors to consider. Intuitively, I can't help but think all that's happening is "normal".

Yesterday I was in the supermarket. Both hand sanitizer and antiseptic alcohol products were out. Also, word has been going around that Vodka can be used as a sanitizer. Checking the shelves I found there had been a big run on vodka, with the cheapest brands almost gone. To be prudent I bought a bottle. (Though I expect I won’t be using it as a sanitizer.)

A couple years ago there was a very good PBS American Experience episode on the terrible 1918 influenza pandemic. After watching it I read quite a bit more about it.

It is estimated the 1918 pandemic killed possibly 50-100 million world wide, and over 600,000 in America. World War I with its troop movements, and concentration of soldiers in military hospitals and troop ships was a big factor in 1918. On the other hand, there did not exist the movement of people in global air travel in 1918 as we have today. Certainly the hope is the COVID-19 pandemic comes nothing close to the horrible 1918 flu pandemic. But there are cultural parallels from people wearing masks that, particularly in 1918, did no good, to politicians denying the seriousness of it.

The American Experience on the 1918 influenza pandemic.
Influenza 1918 | Season 10 Episode 5 | American Experience

Last edited:
Yesterday I was in the supermarket. Both hand sanitizer and antiseptic alcohol products were out. Also, word has been going around that Vodka can be used as a sanitizer. Checking the shelves I found there had been a big run on vodka, with the cheapest brands almost gone. To be prudent I bought a bottle. (Though I expect I won’t be using it as a sanitizer.)
Yes the high proof vodka makes a very good sanitizer, and can also be used as a mouthwash, whereas other types of alcohol can't. To make your own hand sanitizer you can simply buy some isopropyl alcohol and mix it 50/50 with aloe vera gel. That assumes there also hasn't been a run on isopropyl.

Something to bear in mind that isn't often discussed is that in order to get sick a person needs what's called an infectious dose. I don't know how many viruses are required in the case of Covid-19, but here is a good page on what is known: COVID-19 - EMCrit Project

If you get less than an infectious dose, either it will die off in your system and/or get attacked and killed, resulting in an immunity to heavier exposure. So the thing is not to get an infectious dose, which means following the recommendations on the article above.
A couple years ago there was a very good PBS American Experience episode on the terrible 1918 influenza pandemic. After watching it I read quite a bit more about it.

It is estimated the 1918 pandemic killed possibly 50-100 million world wide, and over 600,000 in America. World War I with its troop movements, and concentration of soldiers in military hospitals and troop ships was a big factor in 1918. On the other hand, there did not exist the movement of people in global air travel in 1918 as we have today. Certainly the hope is the COVID-19 pandemic comes nothing close to the horrible 1918 flu pandemic. But there are cultural parallels from people wearing masks that, particularly in 1918, did no good, to politicians denying the seriousness of it.

The American Experience on the 1918 influenza pandemic.
Influenza 1918 | Season 10 Episode 5 | American Experience
Yes it's all rather scary. There's a good series on Netflix right now called Pandemic that deals with some of the same history and is very relevant to what's going on now.

Last edited:
That sucks, but it will most probably all work out fine. I really doubt there's an impending zombiepocalypse coming.

That depends on how well medical systems are able to cope but no it is not the end of the world virus, honestly it will be the economic fall out that will be the most damaging.

This doctor is very level headed and not alarmist on the situation, having said that he is quite grim about what is developing.

This link is particularly interesting: Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Nice, will throw some more stuff up here for us all to keep a track with.... There is a huge amount of misinformation out there so I think the flavor of this thread should be the non alarmist stuff, the wife took a look at Alex Jones last night and good god talk about over the damn top.

First link is simply graph tracking of virus numbers and spread.

Second link is global map

Last link is a nice little lesson on math and how log works, believe me as a teacher who has to teach log many people do not understand how it really works and that exponintial curves are almost never infinite..... understanding this is why I am really only mildly concerned about this virus, the aim of this thread should be to keep things real and not alarmist panic crud.

PS: The virus should not really have become an issue in the USA but sadly you have Trump in charge and the CDC seems to be as incompetent as the New Zealand counterpart, not sure how serious Trudeau is taking it either but it seems about the same as Trump.... a Virus like this could actually be contained to an extent but from what I can tell the world leadership is far to concerned about economics.... well no surprise there eh?

Oh well Momento mori .....

Last edited:
Back