• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Contentious Organizations, Movements, & Culture

Paranormal bug a boo

Paranormal Novice
Gene and Randall present paranormal writer and researcher Tim R. Swartz ...
The book title seems to be in very poor taste in my opinion. The Black Lives Matter movement is a real group dealing with real inequality in America. People have died at the hands of racists and have not been held to account. Swartz's opening pages includes talk of "coon" hunts and illusory framing and suggestion... In any case, the work looks to be amateurish and lacking in any substance or significance with respect to enlightening others in the topic. Just more wildly speculative conjecture and yarn spinning. I'll pass on this particular volume... Take care and stay well, Gene.

Last edited by a moderator:
The book title seems to be in very poor taste in my opinion. The Black Lives Matter movement is a real group dealing with real inequality in America. People have died at the hands of racists and have not been held to account. Swartz's opening pages includes talk of "coon" hunts and illusory framing and suggestion... In any case, the work looks to be amateurish and lacking in any substance or significance with respect to enlightening others in the topic. Just more wildly speculative conjecture and yarn spinning. I'll pass on this particular volume... Take care and stay well, Gene.

Besides the fact that Tim's book has nothing to do with human race relations, that's what I thought about BLM until I learned that it began as a Marxist movement disguised as anti-racism, and that this political undercurrent is still within strong within the movement at large. See what this black woman and scholar has to say ...

I've got no problem with people treating each other with the respect that they deserve regardless of their cultural and/or genetic heritage. Maybe check out this organization instead ...

Last edited:
No it's not.

Here's something closer to my recollection of the origins of the movement:

Typical sanitized Wikipedia drivel. Maybe I should have posted a non-conservative anti-Trump scholar instead of a black woman with 5 degrees. If you don't believe her, listen to it directly from the co-founder ...

"We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories, and what we try to do is build a movement that can be utilized by many many black folks."

So now we have "many many black folks" out there "utilizing" a movement founded by "trained Marxists" because they realized that the black community made a perfect audience for their "ideological theories". That's why some of them get so angry when someone says "All lives matter". That sort of thinking undermines the political discontent required for shifting toward a Marxist ideology.

Or do you think that the movement has evolved, and all the Marxist members decided that they were either going to change their ideology, give-up their ideology, or quit and go back to playing video games on their stolen TVs?

Last edited:
Cancel Culture Gone Too Far?
Or Anti-Cancel-Culture doing the same thing?

Maybe he should be cancelled for using the words "moron" and "idiot"
and just being an outspoken conservative in general.
Sounds tempting. Opinions?

If he keeps working on the delivery he can eventually migrate into comedy and
takeover for Lewis Black. Or maybe Andy Rooney?
What about Rex Murphy? Denis Leary?​

Last edited:
Back