• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Contactee database ??

paraschtick

Paragilmorian guy
Has anyone any idea whether there exists any sort of database regarding contactees and their age, height, ethnic background etc etc etc???

I've not come across anything like this on the internet so maybe I've just missed it or not looked in the right places?? I have absolutely no idea.

So any idea whether this sort of thing exists or not would be wildly appreciated by yours truly.

Thanks in advance,

Paraschtick

ps any (general) downloadable databases or just ones to browse on the net regarding ufos etc would also be ostentaciously appreciated as well. Thanks.

Never heard of one, but probably Mack, Jacobs & Hopkins each have their own silo of anonymized data. And of course physical archives of general UFO case data sitting in CUFOS/MUFON/NICAP etc file cabinets. My pipe dream is a grand UFO data warehouse, and if I had a Firmage-sized bank account I would sponsor one. Mining the UFO data mountain would be a giant leap forward for UFO studies.

Well after my doc appointment this week for bronchitis I might be adding something else to the mix. Got some news. I'll expand on this possibly Friday.

Never heard of one, but probably Mack, Jacobs & Hopkins each have their own silo of anonymized data. And of course physical archives of general UFO case data sitting in CUFOS/MUFON/NICAP etc file cabinets. My pipe dream is a grand UFO data warehouse, and if I had a Firmage-sized bank account I would sponsor one. Mining the UFO data mountain would be a giant leap forward for UFO studies.

Oh well. I suppose I'd better start one then :D You'd think in this age of the internet that someone would have even a little itty bitty one somewhere. But I shall keep my eyes peeled anyway. You never know what you can trip over on these internets thingies.

Tommy Allison: your last post sounded a bit ominous. Hope its nothing too bad :)

I am getting over Bronchitis. The docs did a chest X-ray to make sure I hadn't cracked a rib, because I've been coughing a ridiculous amount. Anyway, there's a couple of anomalous things in the X-ray.

One is a bright white pencil point, the other is about the size of a grain of rice.

It's why they're wanting to look me over again.

What I speak about, is around a decade old I reason. Maybe there's new data, but, I gave up with.... nevermind.

Yes, there are some. Not worth looking at, even though I have. Besides the artistic people being a majority, it defies demograph. Women are more abducted than men, slightly. This assumes much though. But if you truly mean "contactee", then I can tell you this...... do research on abductees. The liars are a little less there.

MUFON has data on this, not sure they'll share it, or if the person in charge even has read it these days. I have data on this, but, boxed away, because it's pointless to me.

What I speak about, is around a decade old I reason. Maybe there's new data, but, I gave up with.... nevermind.

Yes, there are some. Not worth looking at, even though I have. Besides the artistic people being a majority, it defies demograph. Women are more abducted than men, slightly. This assumes much though. But if you truly mean "contactee", then I can tell you this...... do research on abductees. The liars are a little less there.

MUFON has data on this, not sure they'll share it, or if the person in charge even has read it these days. I have data on this, but, boxed away, because it's pointless to me.

I really should have said "abductee" rather than contactee. But thanks anyway. I might have to start scouring books and things to get my own database together. There really should be a central resource accessible to everyone. Its pretty damn crazy that there isn't.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

I've dug extensively into the contact lore on the web. There's a scheißload of it, but AFAIK there is no single page or site that fits your criteria. It sounds like a good killing-time project.

Just searched for my own website I just completed and found this thread... its Contactee Database - Home

ETs gave me the idea for it. As I am a legit contactee. So far theres only one submission(me), due to just launching this website yesterday. But I hope in the future more contactees will submit their experiences. Hope that answers your question. As for abductees there are places to report them, and those places tend to show the most legit claims. So they exist, too.

peace

I think the International Community for Alien Research - I.C.A.R http://www.icar1.com/ not David Jacobs site which is International Center for Abduction Research (also I.C.A.R) at http://www.ufoabduction.com/ has been collecting this information for a long time. They are presently collecting blood types and eye colors of abductees and already claim to have data on that for about 1400 abductees. This is part of the paranormal network radio pod casts.

I don't know much about this organization, but a lot of what I have heard on their pod casts seem suspicious? (millions of listeners... worked with more abductees than Hopkins and Jacobs and just about all of them combined???)

Also, I don't think most abduction researchers would ever share their data with each other. Shit, just listen to the pod casts, including this one where they dismiss or attack other researchers like Budd Hopkins or David Jacobs. Do you think they are going to share with people that attack or discount their work?

I don't think there are many people in this field that abductees can trust with sensitive information - such as their real names and contact information and the few who might have enough respect from a larger percentage of abductees (like Hopkins) are scared off by the in fighting/politics/jealousies from the rest of the pack --who call themselves researchers.

Right, a centralized location where all sincere experiencers can advertise themselves.

If I was an experiencer I'd be suspicious of any group facilitating such a convergence.

There is absolutely no way 99% of abductees are ever going to go public. They just don't, and won't. Sorry, but the suggestion is about as stupid as recommending someone with these experiences to go to a "mental health professional."

I have known of abductees who are surgeons, nurses, professional political figures, career military, pilots, professional musicians with a substantial public profile, educators, career scientists and every other profession you can name. I myself am a career healthcare professional at the top of my game with a substantial international profile.

The idea such responsible people would ever expose themselves to public ridicule is itself risible. No chance. They want to investigate and discover what is happening to them whilst maintaining complete discretion and anonymity. The reason why the researchers you have all heard of are so trusted by suspect abductees is that they have a long record of discretion in these matters, as well as substantial knowledge and understanding of the phenomenon in all its subtleties, wide-ranging effects and manifestations. Such researchers are sought out by abductees so they can investigate the phenomenon in private with total discretion.

Database: nice idea. In practice? Pie-in-the-sky, unless this phenomenon is officially acknowledged as real and the stigma ends. Even then, it's unlikely to be of any value.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

I think the International Community for Alien Research - I.C.A.R http://www.icar1.com/ not David Jacobs site which is International Center for Abduction Research (also I.C.A.R) at http://www.ufoabduction.com/ has been collecting this information for a long time. They are presently collecting blood types and eye colors of abductees and already claim to have data on that for about 1400 abductees. This is part of the paranormal network radio pod casts.

I don't know much about this organization, but a lot of what I have heard on their pod casts seem suspicious? (millions of listeners... worked with more abductees than Hopkins and Jacobs and just about all of them combined???)

Also, I don't think most abduction researchers would ever share their data with each other. Shit, just listen to the pod casts, including this one where they dismiss or attack other researchers like Budd Hopkins or David Jacobs. Do you think they are going to share with people that attack or discount their work?

I don't think there are many people in this field that abductees can trust with sensitive information - such as their real names and contact information and the few who might have enough respect from a larger percentage of abductees (like Hopkins) are scared off by the in fighting/politics/jealousies from the rest of the pack --who call themselves researchers.

Yeah, you're right to be wary of Joe Montaldo, IMO.

Back