• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Congressional UFO Hearings Provide Few Answers

I have to agree. Congress isn't looking for little green men at all. Only what country these unidentified things are from. I think we are putting too much into this subject.

We lay people don't know for sure what they are.
Official USAF definitions clearly show that for a sighting report to be considered an "Unknown" there must be enough data to exclude with reasonable certainty any known manmade or natural phenomena, including unknown aircraft or any other thing with characteristics that merely suggest earthly aircraft as an explanation.

Now let's think about that logically. First of all, having enough information to exclude something from a set of known things means that enough information must be known about the object to exclude it from that set. As a consequence, the more known things that can be excluded, the more we can deduce about the object in question — to the point where the only reasonable explanation left for UFOs is some sort of alien craft.

In this situation, the USAF chose to use the word "unknown" instead of "alien", but the word "unknown" isn't really accurate. They know exactly what the object in question is — they just can't say it without setting-off alarm bells in people's sensitive little psyches.

I cannot think of anything more treacherous than this label "unidentified". - Jacques F. Vallée

In this situation, the USAF chose to use the word "unknown" instead of "alien", but the word "unknown" isn't really accurate. They know exactly what the object in question is — they just can't say it without setting-off alarm bells in people's sensitive little psyches.
Exactly, and this is the way it's been since the outset of the modern UFO era.

Hi Randall , Good to see your back and respect for all have genuine science interest in the subject. While I not jumping on the Hearing bandwagon and keep an open mind US has been in this place before in history. While the technology is different the words are the same. Remembering Long John Nebble's old interviews and go re-listen.

Don't get your hopes up; we'll just hear more the same...
Just thinking - the guy who asked the question and obtained the 'yes' that the government would look into the nuclear site incident. Could be a good invite for an interview on the show. If only to thank him and to support the pursuit of answers in this case.

So this link says the DoD do know something about Maelstrom Ex Air Force captain claims Pentagon DID know about 1967 UFO incident
This link ‘We want to know what’s out there:’ UFOs discussed at congressional hearing
mentions
Rep. Rick Crawford, an Arkansas Republican, noted that the investigations were not “about finding alien spacecraft but about delivering dominant intelligence."

“The inability to understand objects in our sensitive operating areas is tantamount to intelligence failure that we certainly want to avoid,” he said.

I saw this exchange (earlier the 2 DoD front men said that no other agency was looking into UAP's) , they said that Maelstrom was not of interest to their UAP investigation and had not looked into it. Rick argued that it was important, was a national security incident, and he got them to say YES that they would look into it.

Can this group pull this thread to see what it is attached too. Confirm that I heard the situation correctly because I feel Maelstrom and incidents like it cannot be waved away with a shrug by the DOD - they know more than they are telling. Putting forward a wall of Military that may have been kept in the dark about what is really known will not be good enough in this case - of course they could lie.

Confirm that I heard the situation correctly because I feel Maelstrom and incidents like it cannot be waved away with a shrug by the DOD - they know more than they are telling.
Understatement. Anyone who reads and understands The Alien Grand Design knows they can't tell the full truth.

Back