• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Conchita of Garabandal: 'Lady' Apparition

San Sebastian de Garabandal Apparitions: Garabandal apparitions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WIKI: "The Garabandal apparitions are apparitions of Saint Michael the Archangel and theBlessed Virgin Mary that are claimed to have occurred from 1961 to 1965 to four young schoolgirls in the rural village of San Sebastián de Garabandal in the Peña Sagra mountain range in the autonomous community of Cantabria in Northern Spain.[1] The visitations numbered in the thousands, drew huge crowds, and featured supposed paranormalphenomena, much of it filmed or photographed, with thousands of witnesses. The women receiving the visions were Mari Loli Mazón (May 1, 1949 – April 20, 2009), Jacinta González (born April 27, 1949), Mari Cruz González (born June 21, 1950) and Conchita González (born February 7, 1949)."

Fascinating history of this event - especially when one considers all the paranormal interests on this site, too - what with the levitation, physical manifestations, I see similarities. Just in the first 15 minutes you can hear much of the more spectacular claims - with photographic evidence.

LINK:

Okay, a bit of my thoughts on the matter - and I really do see this as in a similar vein as UFOs. Key to this whole thing is that these were young girls on the verge of puberty. Plus they were steeped in a mythos - and by that I mean images - that would interpret what was seen.

Was this a real event? I believe so. Almost atavistic in quality that had everything to do with the human milieu in which it occurred. The beliefs that surrounded the children determined much, though the condition they were in was real enough. From start to finish this is a study in human nature.

So, too, people find themselves in a certain condition in the western world but without a mythos by which to interpret. Free association begins and spins. Random pictures and stories go to supply the mythos - the images. I would wager dollars to donuts, however, that no ufo person would allow a 'religious' image to overlay the experience. That said, the experience is no less real, albeit simply interpreted through a veil as much as the incidents at Garabandal - or even Mudjugorje.

Incidentally, the prime visionary here - Conchita - I would be interested in having her take a lie-detector test (even though I don't trust them to be accurate). I have a suspicion she might pass (proving nothing in this case) - the odds are 50/50 imo.

Fact is such events can be created - honestly and innocently. I don't mean faked - I mean created. Our problem is we do not truly understand the human being - nor the powers that lay latent in the human. Evidence of these capacities surface occasionally but they are interpreted according to their time.

I am done. :)

Okay, a bit of my thoughts on the matter - and I really do see this as in a similar vein as UFOs. Key to this whole thing is that these were young girls on the verge of puberty. Plus they were steeped in a mythos - and by that I mean images - that would interpret what was seen.

Was this a real event? I believe so. Almost atavistic in quality that had everything to do with the human milieu in which it occurred. The beliefs that surrounded the children determined much, though the condition they were in was real enough. From start to finish this is a study in human nature.

So, too, people find themselves in a certain condition in the western world but without a mythos by which to interpret. Free association begins and spins. Random pictures and stories go to supply the mythos - the images. I would wager dollars to donuts, however, that no ufo person would allow a 'religious' image to overlay the experience. That said, the experience is no less real, albeit simply interpreted through a veil as much as the incidents at Garabandal - or even Mudjugorje.

Incidentally, the prime visionary here - Conchita - I would be interested in having her take a lie-detector test (even though I don't trust them to be accurate). I have a suspicion she might pass (proving nothing in this case) - the odds are 50/50 imo.

Fact is such events can be created - honestly and innocently. I don't mean faked - I mean created. Our problem is we do not truly understand the human being - nor the powers that lay latent in the human. Evidence of these capacities surface occasionally but they are interpreted according to their time.

I am done. :)
I'm currently reading Jerome Clark's Extraordinary Encounters book featuring collected incidents of individuals having contact wih otherworldly beings. The religious contacts, such as those with the BVM, are certainly analogous to UFO/Alien contacts. Often there is an initial sighting of the saucer, the light in the sky, angel or what have you and then these are followed by special messages sent to the chosen contactee i.e. Conchita.

In these events there is something that seems to alter the brain, beliefs, values and priorities of the contactee. They appear indeed to have been 'touched' by something so intense that their whole worldview alters.

Cultural front loading, especially in the cases of religiosity, seems to play a prominent role in defining the nature of the experience. What I find more interesting are the contactees that have to no real prior history with their contact but still go on to lead highly altered lives. The other unique feature of theses contactees is that some are obviously sustained by fame and public spectacle. But again, the more fascinating characters are those that online to channel tens of thousands of words in relative obscurity.

Perhaps the latent feature that is surfacing here is schizophrenia and the sustained contactee experience is a great way to help people manage their experience which always has the same message: for the survival of the race, to avoid catastrophe we must change our ways, recant our sins etc.

Back