• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Comments on Chris's "Grumpy" Comments During the Rojas/Bosley Show

Jeff Davis

Paranormal Adept
I must admit that I am typically quite a bit behind with respect to the Paracast episodes due to being so busy. When Gene was just a boy they called that "working for a living". Then Lyndon B Johnson happened and many people eventually forgot what that concept was all about...less I digress. ;)

I just listened to the Bosley/Rojas episode last night and I simply cannot believe how on the money Chris was with respect to what he expressed concerning this forum. I feel a real need to share my own feelings in this same frustrated spirit. Hopefully this post will help to inspire a thread wherein people can intelligently express their own feelings with respect to their paranormal postings here.

IMO, this forum should be just teeming with the unbridled paranormal excitation and enthusiasm of many a member on a daily basis. However, this simply doesn't seem to be the case. With a popular internet radio show attached directly to it like the Paracast, you'd think that it would absolutely dwarf other relevant themed forums to the point of practical meaninglessness.

The aforementioned and what's to come are just my personal feelings on the matter.

IMO, there are certain subjects that are guaranteed to spark heated controversy. Whether you discuss these issues in the context of this forum alone, on various before, after, or during segments of the show, or all of them, it is absolutely no two ways about it guaranteed to result in a level of passion that is simply too great to prevent damage. The only effective damage control seeks to prevent damage before it happens. Sadly, I think a great deal of damage has already been done.

I also think, and I must tread very carefully here, that it is unquestionably a HUGE mistake to make one's personal life a key part of ANY professional subject relevant endeavor. Especially when that endeavor is a very real type of "show business". Reality themed shows suck, and it's precisely like the great Walter Bosley related when he stated something to the effect that people look to the paranormal and the bizarre to escape that crap. Never truer feelings conveyed right down the middle.

Then there is the "biggest duck in the puddle" syndrome that certain members here just can't seem to get a handle on. This is a common trend in the forum world and often evokes troll inferences, but it's especially harmful if the subject matter that your forum centers on is entirely hypothetical and certainly not one bound by empirically recognized facts. People, this is not a stage with a podium, it's a forum. Forums are supposed to represent and encourage the free expression of paranormally relevant information, ideas, and speculations. Indirectly, and I believe directly, this is precisely what Chris was ranting about on the show. You're not being "grumpy" Chris, you're sick of the paracast forum being dominated by pseudo territorial Schnauzer like knowitalls. People if you're not here just to stick your self assessed big chest out, why bother to refute someone that is forwarding their brand of paranormal speculations when your own brand is positively no less speculation bound? If all you do is your level best to sarcastically highlight others view's as being ridiculous simply because they don't support your own standpoint's outrageousness, precisely what have you accomplished? Do you honestly possess that infinitesimally small a degree of imagination, wherein your own views are so narrow, that you feel that you must necessarily disavow any view that doesn't echo the election of a paranormal proclamation like your own? That's simply uncalled for. Bottom line, if you're not apart of the solution, you're likely to be a good part of the problem.

Let's face it, the UFO field feels tired. The fact that the Roswell subject keeps coming up tells me that this is so. It's almost seventy years ago now people. Give it a rest.
I can only speak for myself, but if I see a program featuring Roswell, I tune out, literally.

It also doesn't help to read some of the posts here. I roll my eyes when I read some of the drivel being written. Endless paragraphs of utter nonsense being posted. Some people don't know how to edit themselves. I am probably in the minority, but who cares. I have cut back on my posts and it feels alright!

Last edited:
I must admit that I am typically quite a bit behind with respect to the Paracast episodes due to being so busy. When Gene was just a boy they called that "working for a living". Then Lyndon B Johnson happened and many people eventually forgot what that concept was all about...less I digress. ;)

I just listened to the Bosley/Rojas episode last night and I simply cannot believe how on the money Chris was with respect to what he expressed concerning this forum. I feel a real need to share my own feelings in this same frustrated spirit. Hopefully this post will help to inspire a thread wherein people can intelligently express their own feelings with respect to their paranormal postings here.

IMO, this forum should be just teeming with the unbridled paranormal excitation and enthusiasm of many a member on a daily basis. However, this simply doesn't seem to be the case. With a popular internet radio show attached directly to it like the Paracast, you'd think that it would absolutely dwarf other relevant themed forums to the point of practical meaninglessness.

The aforementioned and what's to come are just my personal feelings on the matter.

IMO, there are certain subjects that are guaranteed to spark heated controversy. Whether you discuss these issues in the context of this forum alone, on various before, after, or during segments of the show, or all of them, it is absolutely no two ways about it guaranteed to result in a level of passion that is simply too great to prevent damage. The only effective damage control seeks to prevent damage before it happens. Sadly, I think a great deal of damage has already been done.

I also think, and I must tread very carefully here, that it is unquestionably a HUGE mistake to make one's personal life a key part of ANY professional subject relevant endeavor. Especially when that endeavor is a very real type of "show business". Reality themed shows suck, and it's precisely like the great Walter Bosley related when he stated something to the effect that people look to the paranormal and the bizarre to escape that crap. Never truer feelings conveyed right down the middle.

Then there is the "biggest duck in the puddle" syndrome that certain members here just can't seem to get a handle on. This is a common trend in the forum world and often evokes troll inferences, but it's especially harmful if the subject matter that your forum centers on is entirely hypothetical and certainly not one bound by empirically recognized facts. People, this is not a stage with a podium, it's a forum. Forums are supposed to represent and encourage the free expression of paranormally relevant information, ideas, and speculations. Indirectly, and I believe directly, this is precisely what Chris was ranting about on the show. You're not being "grumpy" Chris, you're sick of the paracast forum being dominated by pseudo territorial Schnauzer like knowitalls. People if you're not here just to stick your self assessed big chest out, why bother to refute someone that is forwarding their brand of paranormal speculations when your own brand is positively no less speculation bound? If all you do is your level best to sarcastically highlight others view's as being ridiculous simply because they don't support your own standpoint's outrageousness, precisely what have you accomplished? Do you honestly possess that infinitesimally small a degree of imagination, wherein your own views are so narrow, that you feel that you must necessarily disavow any view that doesn't echo the election of a paranormal proclamation like your own? That's simply uncalled for. Bottom line, if you're not apart of the solution, you're likely to be a good part of the problem.
: Totally agree,we can all have our beliefs but none of us know beyond a shadow of a doubt.I come here to learn,to be entertained and have fun.The paranormal exists,what is behind it I haven't a clue.So when Chris comes up with a method of investigation using psychotropic drugs,what the hell lets give it a go,(not me personally I'm hopeless after a couple of beers).Or Walter thinks about a breakaway society or two,I've not noticed them but then I've done zero research!.Let's tread some new paths,block the road to Roswell and keep an open mind.

Back