• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Commemorative Wedding Buckets

Free episodes:

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
This just in...

Yeah, that's a great way to start married life, many, many thousands in the hole, and all the memories of your friends and family puking all over you while you declare your love for each other. One one hand, it kinda sounds cool, but in the real world, I think it's just dumb. What do you think?

dB

I think people who do this crap are attention whores that are literaly so bored with their life, they dedicate their energies to finding ways to draw attention to their utterly droll existence. Getting married in a way that demands press attention is a way of saying 'it's not about getting married at all, it's all about the wedding'.

Something really interesting I heard on the G4 network was this Ad for some Wedding planning show, and one of the lines goes "The wedding day is the pinnacle moment of a woman's life". And I'm thinking really? I mean really? The most important day in this broad's life is when she finally manages to find someone to pay her future child support?

I honestly think that there is a significant portion of the population who get married just for the sake of the ritual, with very little thought about the legal, social, and ethical implications of the actual contract at hand. As evidence I supply the entire wedding planning industry, and the entertainment media surrounding it.

That's probably why gay marriage is being spun into such a big deal, it's an as-yet untapped market.

Man that would be so fun. I get a little adrenalin surge just imagining one of those "parabolic arcs". Like a free-form roller coaster.

Rusty steel tracks? Who needs 'em!

Back