• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coming July 2014: Nick Redfern and Close Encounters of the Fatal Kind

This was answered during the recording session. But I won't keep you in suspense. Mac had a heart condition and even younger people can be impacted. No conspiracy involved.

Gene, I know he did. And Forrestal had mental health issues. And so on. As I noted, I'm not calling Tonnies' untimely passing into question. But to build on Burnt State's point, it's already one thing when people who have clearly been murdered by nefarious people, and family and friends have to deal with subsequent speculation and sensationalization. But we then have conspiracy theorists who go further and "reconstruct" murder and nefariousness into health issues, suicides, and accidents.

In a conspiracy culture of false flags, fears of MIBs, and never-ending discussion over decades-old cases (see Mantell), it seems like the only thing (for the moment) keeping Tonnies from becoming an unexplained death done away with by the CTs/faeries is that the people who were his friends and most supported his work have influence in the UFO community. And I don't blame them. But I would think of this like a Golden Rule situation: when speculating about "mysteries" in the lives and deaths of others, would you want the same done to your friends?

You see something similar in the ghost hunting community, where some (though not many) call for ethics in their "work." Don't go into someone's house and start yelling about how it is cursed with demons, don't start talking about listening for the EVP from someone recently deceased. Don't go ghost hunting at a Holocaust site (which yes, did happen recently).

I highly recommend Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell's graphic novel _From Hell_ (not the movie), as it is a brilliant conspiracy/historical/metaphysical novel, and arguably better (if not as important) than Watchmen. But I especially recommend the epilogue, Dance of the Gull-Catchers, a cartoon history of Ripperology: a brief examination of the lineage of Jack the Ripper theorists and "suspects" speculated about decades later, leading up to the Moore and Campbell themselves). It is something everyone who spends their time speculating about the sorts of "mysteries" routinely discussed on The Paracast, especially those that significantly impact people's lives, should read. Someone (not me) has scanned it here ALAN MOORE-From Hell Dance Of The Gull-Catchers-1991-ENGLISH

Back