• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coincidence.??????

Richard Hawkins

Paranormal Adept
I was watching a western last night from 1956 in which one of the bad guys was called Pike,so.what is so unusual about that you may ask.?
The movie starred Jeffrey Hunter who would go on to play Captain Pike in the pilot episode of the original Star Trek series.
Coincidence????

The grim irony of this is that, if the original Star Trek pilot had sold, with Jeffrey Hunter as the lead, the series' longevity after it ended its network run, with the movies featuring the original cast and the additional shows, might not have happened. He died in 1969.

The grim irony of this is that, if the original Star Trek pilot had sold, with Jeffrey Hunter as the lead, the series' longevity after it ended its network run, with the movies featuring the original cast and the additional shows, might not have happened. He died in 1969.
Yes how true but I suppose in some fashion the Pike legacy lives on with strange new worlds which I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed.

Back