• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

CoC 50th episode! With special guests Steven Greer, Rob Simone & more!

Dam I wanted to hear more silly things like this before I go to bed but I can only download the MP3 version which he doesn't have. I can rewatch Aaron's preachers thread again.

usually someone in the comments section posts an mp3 version I think. Keep an eye on it and one might show up.

If you want to listen to something silly look down the page in this forum and find the thread I started called "OMG you must listen to this".. or something.

Unfamiliar with US law, I was wondering whether those being lampooned in Jeremy's savage satire would be able to sue for libel or slander or whatever?

(Zacariah Sitchen! Unbelievable!)

I was actually saddened by this podcast.

Now, I'm all for a good joke, and some heavy-handed lampooning. But this felt like some 12 year old boys got ahold of the tape recorder and spent an hour making prurient jokes. I've got a pretty thick skin, and it takes a lot to rattle me (I'm from New York) but this was painful.

What made it hard to listen to was that I usually find Jeremy's perspective so captivating. In his more "formal" interviews, he is remarkably insightful.

Jeremy is genuinely funny, and extremely engaging. His ability to be so likable and funny creates a very real charm, and it elevates his podcasts in a way that allows the guests to really shine. For example, the Leo Sprinkle interview was delightful. And the banter between him and Alan Steinfeld was impressive and expansive. Do more stuff like that - please...

xoxoxo
Mike C!

Well today I have less of a need ot listen to something silly. I did get a good really good laugh in on Aaron's preacher's thread. Then yesterday I went to check on my voting registration status,saw a black guy and just started laughing.

GBS,
So you started a thread where exactly?

Unfamiliar with US law, I was wondering whether those being lampooned in Jeremy's savage satire would be able to sue for libel or slander or whatever?

(Zacariah Sitchen! Unbelievable!)

No. They are public figures. If that were the case "Saturday Night Live!" would have gone out of business years ago.

And Boylan really was banned from practicing psychology in the state of California for sexually abusing clients (including nude hot tubbing.) I've got a thread in here somewhere with the Board's findings.

There are no laws against cruel parody.

To Mike C: You know it's amazing how when we parody the people you don't like it's funny but when it comes to sacred cows, suddenly that's over the line. It's just jokes, man. Lighten up.

Back