• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

chupacabra

M

michael

One topic I wouldn't mind hearing discussed at length is the chupacabra phenomenon. I read somewhere recently that there have been sightings of this animal in Russia.

not too long ago, there was a report from Texas, I believe, about a possible sighting of one of these mysterious creatures. I read on a news site where someone shot what they thought to be a dog trying to fight with their own dog. After this person shot the "dog", it ended up under the homeowners front poarch. The shooter then dragged this "dog" into the light (this all happened during the day) only to find a gunshot wound with no blood to be seen. The shooter then called the local veternarian to his house to take a look at it. The vet told the reporters that the creature looked like it had been dead for more than a week and one of it's ears crumbled while trying to take pictures of it's head. I saw the pictures of the creature on the website. It looked like a dog with mange, but had some physical attributes associated with a rat. For instance, it had an extreme overbite and it's nose was pointed. There were more attributes, but I can't remember them all. I found it interesting, but I don't really believe that it was anything out of the ordinary. Maybe an extremely sick dog... I don't know. If I find the link to the story, I will post it. Some of you may remember it.

edit:
I couldn't find the same exact story, but I did find one of the pictures from the story and a related story from the same news site. This story pretty much disproves the first one that I saw last year or earlier this year:
Pic: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/D_IMAGE.ff6874ac29.93.88.fa.7c.2ef2320f.jpg
Site:
WOAI Local News - Sponsored by Five Star Cleaners

Chupacabra seemed to have started right after the *1996 Varginha crash entity was being reported. The description is very much like some versions of the Chupacabra.

* for some reason there are discrepencies as to the date. I've read anywhere from 1994-97. The tv show "Sightings" was still on fox at the time. Sightings ended in 97, so it wasn't any later than that. By my own recollections it happened in 96.

One of my favorite Chupa reports is from a police officer saying that a chupa jumped in his daughter's window and attacked her stuff animal..... ::) Many humans don't give the impression we are an intelligent species.

Chupacabra is spanish for goat sucker. Personally I do not believe in it at all. I see it as a effect of uneducated people trying to explain strange animal deaths. Notice how this has mainly been a centeral/south american creature with a few sighting here and there in other parts of the world. Cool story though.

Back