• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Christopher Knowles on Binnall of America

AdamI

Skilled Investigator
Binnall is so-so IMHO and has a lot of questionable guests, but his most recent two interviews are with a person that I consider to be one of the most interesting people alive. Give it a listen, especially the most recent "part 2" section.

I'm a huge fan of Chris Knowles. He has a take on this stuff that NOBODY else has... Excellent interview, almost 4 hours total.

I'm a huge fan of Chris Knowles. He has a take on this stuff that NOBODY else has... Excellent interview, almost 4 hours total.

Yeah interesting guy. Not entirely sure I understand what he's talking about most of the time ... hehe ... but I check out his blog every day to see if he's seen something in something that I would never in a million years notice or see in ... something.

For those that do not know, The Secret Sun blog:

http://secretsun.blogspot.com/

[However I cannot listen to the Binnall anymore ... too many awesomes I'm afraid. One's brain can only take a certain number of awesomes before one's brain turns to mush. I'm afraid I have now reached that limit ... :p]

Yeah interesting guy. Not entirely sure I understand what he's talking about most of the time ... hehe ... but I check out his blog every day to see if he's seen something in something that I would never in a million years notice or see in ... something.

For those that do not know, The Secret Sun blog:

http://secretsun.blogspot.com/

[However I cannot listen to the Binnall anymore ... too many awesomes I'm afraid. One's brain can only take a certain number of awesomes before one's brain turns to mush. I'm afraid I have now reached that limit ... :p]

I'm afraid I've stopped listening to Mr Binnall now also. Letting the guest talk is one thing, but letting them talk incessantly for pretty much 4 hours with only a few questions read from a list in-between is pretty tedious.
I applaud Tim for his show , but think it might be better with perhaps a co-host where they can challenge the guest from time to time...sound familiar ? :)

I agree about Binnall. I really like some of his guests, but Binnall's ha-ha, hee-hee-hee Woody Woodpecker meets Beavis and Butthead laugh, and, like, wow!, you know, superficial interviewing style is, I mean, sorta like, hee hee hee, super annoying. He should just let his guests interview themselves and not interject his mostly obvious and poorly articulated "questions" most of the time. I actually prefer The Clueless One, though I just listened to Binnall and Vaeni together, and I just couldn't. I also noticed that Binnall uses profanity a little more while on Paratopia... I guess that's his branding, the new generation of street cred. (And in interest of full disclosure, I swear all the time... but not when I'm talking in front of a large audience; it's just bad form.)

I agree about Binnall. I really like some of his guests, but Binnall's ha-ha, hee-hee-hee Woody Woodpecker meets Beavis and Butthead laugh, and, like, wow!, you know, superficial interviewing style is, I mean, sorta like, hee hee hee, super annoying. He should just let his guests interview themselves and not interject his mostly obvious and poorly articulated "questions" most of the time. I actually prefer The Clueless One, though I just listened to Binnall and Vaeni together, and I just couldn't. I also noticed that Binnall uses profanity a little more while on Paratopia... I guess that's his branding, the new generation of street cred. (And in interest of full disclosure, I swear all the time... but not when I'm talking in front of a large audience; it's just bad form.)

Tim seems like a nice guy to have a beer with, but he's fucking clueless and/or doesn't want to ask questions that would bring things to light.

I tend to hate repetition of any kind ... except when its The Fall (British band) ... so I quickly learned to hate "lets rock 'n' roll" and "i'm psyched" ... and "awesome" ... with a venom that would stun an ox. He might be a nice guy, and he has some interesting guests on but I just can't listen to his programme for that long without some depth. And Binnall's questioning just doesn't go to any depth greater than a puddle unfortunately. It gets very tiresome very quickly.

Anyway, if you've any need to top up your presenter swearing quotient this week, just check out the March 2nd (possibly ... hate the American date system :D) program of the well known "Angry Human" podcast. I actually lost count of the number of "F-words" in the programme. Tell you the truth ... it got a bit depressing after a while :shy:.

You can find it here if you dare: http://www.rocklandworldradio.com/program/angryhuman/

I probably won't again ... personal preference I guess.

I tend to hate repetition of any kind ... except when its The Fall (British band) ... so I quickly learned to hate "lets rock 'n' roll" and "i'm psyched" ... and "awesome" ... with a venom that would stun an ox. He might be a nice guy, and he has some interesting guests on but I just can't listen to his programme for that long without some depth. And Binnall's questioning just doesn't go to any depth greater than a puddle unfortunately. It gets very tiresome very quickly.

Anyway, if you've any need to top up your presenter swearing quotient this week, just check out the March 2nd (possibly ... hate the American date system :D) program of the well known "Angry Human" podcast. I actually lost count of the number of "F-words" in the programme. Tell you the truth ... it got a bit depressing after a while :shy:.

You can find it here if you dare: http://www.rocklandworldradio.com/program/angryhuman/

I probably won't again ... personal preference I guess.

You know what - I listened to David's show for the first time, courtesy of your link, and yes, it was a bit much at times... but then so are the times we're living in. If you're not angry, then you're just not paying attention. And sometimes, a little fuckin' primal scream-type anger is a good thing. Keeps the soul honest! :)

So rock on, Brother Biedny, rock on! I shall be tuned in from time to time, as time allows.

I don't recommend that anyone actually listen to Angry Human - it's just my cathartic scream, and now, my only voice/broadcast outlet. So please don't listen. Seriously.

dB

Too late Dave, I listened to it , and thoroughly enjoyed it I'm afraid. You are a funny guy. I don't know about funny ha ha or funny weird :) , but its a great little podcast . I'm shocked I hadn't found it before and it was just good to hear your voice again, even if you were venting half the time. I need to grow a pair, and do something like that myself, let alone broadcasting it to the frickin World. Bravo.

Back