• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Christchurch earthquake

Woah. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, stonehart. Glad you're ok though. Everybody seems to be heading north. Why is it that I've headed south?? Oh yeah I'm odd :D ... and because most of my partner's close family live in Alexandra ... which of course to those that don't know is south of Christchurch. Anyway, glad you're ok stonehart. Hope you are surviving, and everything will be ok for you in the long run.

Take care all

H aka paraschtick

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

photo of the city right after the quake

http://i.imgur.com/0vZbD.jpg

Blimey ... thats one heck of a picture, stonehart. Says it all really. Thanks for that. Take care

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

photo of the city right after the quake

http://i.imgur.com/0vZbD.jpg

Woah, thanks for that stonehart. Its quite a picture, and there is something rather 9/11 about it really. Really brings the whole thing into sharp relief.

Anyway, hope all is well with you, and I hope you have had a safe journey up to Nelson.

Take care, and many thanks

H aka paraschtick

I am not sure what is causing these recent quakes

Thats spooky! I sit on the NewMadrid fault line, but at least I knw for sure whats going on, when things start jumping, and I have experienced that (mildly) several times since 2004.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Just letting you all know I am alive.... I watched a building fall apart right next to me..

anyway hope the rest of the Paracast forum members here in christchurch are ok

Ohhhhh my gawd. Thats terrifying.

Paraschtick, I am GLAD you are alive and well. (So far. ...)

Yeah those kinds of inciteful rhetoric are only damaging to the messenger and show his true meanness and willful ignorance.

I found this article from 'EpochTimes' and it is a haunting forewarning. It is from Sept. 2010 and talk about an earthquake faultline in NZ that has been dormant for 16000 years. They should have crossed their fingers and knocked on wood, while writing that
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/new...ult-hadnt-ruptured-in-16000-yearas-42254.html

Its quite simple really. People like that are insane. They don't mention that the cathedral and a number of churches were demolished during the quake in Christchurch on Tuesday. Hmmm wonder what that says about their wonderful god??? Not a lot I would think. Except that he or she is probably insane too. Ignore them, and they might go away hopefully.

But of course! Stirred, NOT shaken. http://www.montecristorum.com/

Geez you're obviously not a Gilmore Girls freak like I am :D ... The montecristo in the GGs is a sandwich. As far as I know its unspecified what goes in it ... but its on Luke's Diner's menu for years and no one ever orders it. So what is in it is anybody's guess ... I guess. Unless someone else can inform me otherwise.

Just been to the supermarket and cleared it out. We've been stocking up on food and things to take back with us to Christchurch. Apparently a young woman in the supermarket told me that people have been fighting over bread in Christchurch ... so its best we stock up with things here and then not worry about trying to find stuff when we get home.

Anyway, hope all is all well with thee.

paraschtick

All is well with mee. I -knew- about the sandwich version. I wanted the rum version instead. Just look at how spiced it looks! Mmmmm. (Just look at how sauced she looks!.....) (Ewwww...)
Don't get between hungry women fighting over food.

All is well with mee. I -knew- about the sandwich version. I wanted the rum version instead. Just look at how spiced it looks! Mmmmm. (Just look at how sauced she looks!.....) (Ewwww...)
Don't get between hungry women fighting over food.

Mmm ... women are weird. Fighting over sandwiches. Whatever next. They'll be wearing makeup and dresses next ... straange :D. Good to hear you're well ... and seemingly firing on all thrusters ...

paraschtick

Back