• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chris Rutkowski and the Canadian UFO Report April 6, 2014

Oh really? I think this means more to you than the general public who doesn't know ANTYHING about who a reputable researcher is. Seriously, the ones delivering the facts to these cases aren't going to be held to any scrutiny. They're just delivering the info.
To me, "they're just delivering the info" is a weak excuse for sending out low quality or even knowingly false information. At least if it comes from a group who claims to be an authority with a scientific interest, for the common good.

We might as well serve the ignorant public 'good stories', isn't that what you're saying? What kind of teacher would do that though?

For instance, when you cast your net with that statement did you include Corso and his book too?
Yes, if you mean the book 'The day after Roswell'.

Nobody I know disputes .. back-engineered tech and such.
Really? We probably both know about Stanton Friedmann, here's his response to Corso's claims as they are represented by the author:
Stanton Friedman - Book Reviews: The Day After Roswell

Here's an old Paracast thread about same:
Does "The Day After Roswell" have any remaining credibility? | The Paracast Community Forums

Imo. 'The day after Roswell' shouldn't be portrayed as fact. The reverse-engineering claims are enough to tell me that something is not right.

Does Area 51 and S4 NOT exist?
It's basically on the map, so yea. Do test aircraft not exist?

Btw., are you sure that the material from Roswell went to Area-51 and not to Wright-Patterson, as Thomas J. Carey suggests?

Bottom line. There's plenty of good in the show Hangar 1
I'm sure there is.

But consider Chris Rutkowski's style in this week's Paracast:
He did not sensationalize anything. When he described the Shag Harbor incident he stuck to actual facts, namely that people reported smth. going into the water, luminous foam etc. Calls came in to the local police station, reports can be verified. Rutkowski also said that there's speculation or rumor (I forget which) that the US Navy witnessed a craft under water, but he clearly stated that this could not be verified.

Also, take his announcement that he found a document that says that the pilot of a Canadian P.M. reported a UFO. Good stuff, but no juicy story, just the facts.
Actually, I know that I should check up on it before I go telling someone else about it, but I basically trust that Rutkowski will not pull a fast one on us. Because of his style, his lack of embellishments.

So that is credible imo. And such relatively lo-key stories have a long-term effect because if people get enticed, they will not be let down when they look deeper into the matter with a critical mind. And they won't be steered into possible dis-information or mis-information from the get-go.

Last edited:
This was an excellent show with a very considerate interpreter of the data. He has a strong breadth of knowledge on the topic and provided some fresh Canadian reasoned insight. That's right, we have great bacon, superior beer and astronomers as UFO investigators. What's going on with our NHL hockey i can't explain. If you haven't checked out the ufo survey charts in the above link they are certainly worthwhile to peruse - lots of excellent visual interpretations of UFO details.

I really think his call for a more educated public, and a more engaged public is an important one because people should know what a satellite looks like flying overhead, especially the iridium ones as they are stunning to look at and something worth marveling at all on their own. Unfortunately, much of our cities are so light polluted that you're lucky if you can see Mars and Jupiter, let alone stars and strange, intelligently controlled craft.

Here's the trailer for the documentary Indians and Aliens. The original series is a six parter and six hours long.The show looks very promising:

It would have been great to have Rutkowski talk about classic sightings in even more depth - it appears he's an excellent resource with a lot of great info in his head regarding key cases - their limitations and their merits. As others have remarked he does not sensationalize but is still optimistic. I would like to hear a lot more of that.

I can't wait for our telescopes to soon find our twin planet - then we can finally start our off planet cultural exchange program in earnest instead of defining earth through all the crappy radio and television we've spewed out into space over the last 100 years or so.

Similarly, the idea that iPhones in the hands of Leonardo DaVinci would be like alien technology in our hands today, isn't as reasonable an analogy as it sounds. It's essentially based on the idea that the universe doesn't have any limitations as to what can be done within it, and therefore aliens 10,000 years in advance of us could have technology that is similarly that much farther ahead. However the evidence doesn't appear to support that idea. We now know that the elements that make up matter and the rules that govern how it behaves are common throughout the universe, and in-turn that means there are limitations to what can and can't be done. Therefore, assuming some race 10,000 years in advance of us can come up with something that exceeds those limitations is faulty logic.

Where's the accounting for the evolved imagination that has had time to consider new combinations of how we use those elements, what new combinations and processes may be discovered, especially with their super advanced giant alien brains? Using Sherlock Holmes' logic, "Someone with such a cranial capacity must have something in it." Good gawd man, what happened to alien technology looking like magic and confounding us with their ability to dissolve in and out of our 3-d visual reality, slow time and hover soundlessly in mid-air? After all, he was speculating about civilizations merely a 100,000 years advanced from our current Lego nuclear power poison plant status. Think of the million year civilizations - now that's an evolved alien. :eek:

Last edited:
Where's the accounting for the evolved imagination that has had time to consider new combinations of how we use those elements, what new combinations and processes may be discovered, especially with their super advanced giant alien brains? Using Sherlock Holmes' logic, "Someone with such a cranial capacity must have something in it." Good gawd man, what happened to alien technology looking like magic and confounding us with their ability to dissolve in and out of our 3-d visual reality, slow time and hover soundlessly in mid-air? After all, he was speculating about civilizations merely a 100,000 years advanced from our current Lego nuclear power poison plant status. Think of the million year civilizations - now that's an evolved alien. :eek:

You appear to have missed the point I was making. There are limitations within this universe that appear to apply evenly throughout, and therefore having more time to evolve only means that some civilizations will reach the limitations of what can be done before others, not that they can continue to advance without limitation into the realm of impossibility.

Who is setting the goal line of impossibility with working with known elements in known combinations - a handful of civilized thousands of years' species? We're apparently quite limited ourselves given our inability to use clean energy - that was my point.

Your limited possibilities reminds me of the infamous quote from thr patent office of America at the turn of the century circa 1900 "There will be no more patents, as everything as been invented already." That position appears tenuous no?

Last edited:
Who is setting the goal line of impossibility with working with known elements in known combinations - a handful of civilized thousands of years' species? We're apparently quite limited ourselves given our inability to use clean energy - that was my point.
I got the point you're making the first time around. Your question, "Who is setting the goal line of impossibility ..." is a fair one. Why I said that you appear to have missed my point is because I answered that question with respect to the issue that it raised. It's not about who sets the goal. Nobody in this universe has that control, and neither we nor the aliens have any power to change that, unless perhaps, the aliens are from another universe altogether. But for the sake of this discussion, I've used the phrase "this universe" to designate tour astronomical universe, and more specifically our observable and known universe.
Your limited possibilities reminds me of the infamous quote from thr patent office of America at the turn of the century circa 1900 "There will be no more patents, as everything as been invented already." That position appears tenuous no?
There is an important difference between these analogies and what I'm saying, and that is, we aren't at the turn of the century. We aren't in the time of Leonardo Da Vinci. They had not developed scientifically enough yet to be able to see the limitations this universe imposes. However we have. We can see all the way down to individual atoms and from there map the composition and structure of virtually anything we want to because there is literally nothing else in the universe to make things out of. So it doesn't make any difference what device the aliens slap down on the table anymore.

We are no longer subject to the constraints that would have us believe that anything beyond our present knowledge is magic. We know better, and given the tools at our disposal, and a sufficient sample ( model ) to study and work from, I have very little doubt about our ability to figure it out.

Last edited:
Really good show, really liked the content and the attitude. Great choice of guest. Also enjoyed the discussion of Hynek's time versus ours in the popular culture.

Last edited:
There's gold in them thar charts! I asked Chris Rutkowski some pesky questions about the data collected, fishing for how many of them represented reports of structured craft (as opposed to just lights in the sky). He directed me to the classification of "DD" for Hynek's designation of daylight disk, and also the reports grouped by specific shapes.

Also of key interest to folks here will be the "Strangeness Rating," which should weed out most of the dull misidentified aircraft that dominates UFO studies.
Nice work Curt!

Back