• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Childhood Ufo Encounter

the observer

Paranormal Novice
I am a new member here and as an introduction I would like to share with you all a very special close encounter I experienced as a child and which later formed my great affection to the ufo subject.

To reconstruct this extraordinary event, we must go back 37 years,to the beginning of the 70`s,more accurately 1971-72.

The sighting took place in Norway,location:Moss,a town approximately 31 miles from the capital Oslo.

I was about 4 years old then and we lived in an apartment block,it was 4-5 pm and my mother was busy doing some ironing while I was playing with some toys on the floor beside her.

Suddenly my mother became very upset when looking out through the kitchen window,above a small forest(1)nearby was a flying saucer hovering!

The ship couldn`t be more than a few meters above the treetops,holding a wobbling motion.

My mother ran out on the balcony (we owned one of the top floors),from a distance of several hundred meters,the ship came closer toward us,almost as the occupants had observed us and wanted to take a closer look.

My father was in the shower and had no notion what a fantastic sight he was missing!,so my mother ran inside trying to get his attention,but he thought she was joking and ignored the whole situation.

My mother was now holding me in her arms,as we watched the ship come very close.She finally got my fathers attention and he joined us on the balcony,as the flying saucer kept coming ever closer...

Was this reality or was I dreaming?,my god!,the ship was now right in front of our eyes,approximately 10 meters between us and the ship,emiting no sound.

It was an enormous silver disc with a transparent dome on top,it must have been at least 20 meters across in size,around it`s brim there was rotating oblong lights in different colours,green,blue and red I recall.

I remember I was very focused by these lights,amazing colour patterns indeed.
They were perfectly synchronized and spinning clockwise.

Not only was the craft technologically highly advanced,but it was also beautifully constructed and I was never afraid.

The whole ship was now surrounded by a yellow sort of aura,I can`t remember when this aura occured,but I think it was when the ship came right in front of us,and this is the fun part - some people was walking down the road below and they didn`t notice!

Could this be some sort of shielding making it invisible to others?

My father was a press photographer in the local newspaper so he had access to armory of cameras inside,but when one are in the middle of such an extraordinary sight there is no time to lose,you never know what will happen next...

I should also add that my father said he saw the silhouettes of four or five figures inside the transparant dome at the top of the craft.They were all the same height,with human looking features.

Some of them stood still behind something which looked like control panel,while others were just walking back and forth.
As far as he can recall,he only saw them from the waist up.

How long the flying saucer was hovering in front of us I don`t remember,it couldn`t have been more than 30 seconds.

The ship then flew over the roof,we hurried outside back on the other balcony and saw the ship slowly dissapearing...

I don`t know how deeply impression this event has affected our lives,but it sure has opened up our perspective.

Having had this experience,I don't really need to question the 'reality' of the UFO phenomenon and I can focus on searching for an answer to what it may represent...

ufo7.jpg

UfoFlightPattern-1.jpg

Again with the wobbling motion as the craft hovers. Fascinating.

Out of curiosity, do you recall this whole experience yourself, or did your parents fill in the blanks?

Again with the wobbling motion as the craft hovers. Fascinating.

Out of curiosity, do you recall this whole experience yourself, or did your parents fill in the blanks?
Thanks Gareth for your interest!, yes this seems to be the classic saucer type.
Mostly this is my personal experience as I remember it,I had some help from my parents to fill in further details as for instance my fathers recall of the occupants in the craft.

Great post,Observer!

Being from the same general area of Norway (Oslo),I find this story very fascinating.Especially since we've been corresponding privately for a few months now,and I've come to respect your judgment and sincerity.Coincidentally,I have another good friend who lives not far from you (Holmlia),and he's seen UFOs on a couple occasions as well - a UFO Hot Spot,maybe?

I'm curious to know if you saw any details on the skin of the craft - did it look metallic or more 'organic'?

Great report! Two questions, if you don't mind:

Is it correct that you and your parents all recall the same details of the sighting, no discrepencies?

Other than the visual, was there any other sign that the UFO was interacting with its environment? For example, casting a shadow on the ground, or perhaps making tree branches move with the turbulance of its air "wake"?

I was about 4 years old then and we lived in an apartment block,it was 4-5 pm and my mother was busy doing some ironing while I was playing with some toys on the floor beside her.

[/quote]

You must have a great memory, personally I can't remember things from my early childhood with any clarity. I can only remember vague images associated with some sort of infant emotion. You should see if any of your neighbors from that time can recall the same event (That is if you can track them down). Great post, it is cases such as yours which bring the truly "out of this world" aspect to UFOs.

Fantastic story! thank you for sharing it. Also I think the pictures are very helpful in decribing the scenario. Kudos!

You should see if any of your neighbors from that time can recall the same event (That is if you can track them down). .

This is the question. While you were very young I don't imagine you remembering if anyone else saw this. But the complex looks huge, so it would seem likely that someone else did see this. Pardon my asking, but are your parents alive and do they recall having conversation with neighbors about this incident?? Or do you remember any such corroborating evidence?? And what, if any, feelings did you or your parents have about such things before the sighting?? I know your 4, so I don't think you'd have much a basis for it. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! That must've been fascinating! Did you perhaps experience any missing time (or your parents)?. With them hovering so close to you like that, you'd almost think perhaps they might've taken one or all of you.....And do you remember any particular odors/smells or air changes or heat radiating from it/to you or anything? Did you have any pets at the time? Their reaction?

Great post,Observer!

Being from the same general area of Norway (Oslo),I find this story very fascinating.Especially since we've been corresponding privately for a few months now,and I've come to respect your judgment and sincerity.Coincidentally,I have another good friend who lives not far from you (Holmlia),and he's seen UFOs on a couple occasions as well - a UFO Hot Spot,maybe?

I'm curious to know if you saw any details on the skin of the craft - did it look metallic or more 'organic'?

Thanks CE! Yes no one else apart from my family,has more insight into this sighting than you,after months with private correspondence it has been a fascinating experience for both of us!;)

The craft had a shiny silver metallic surface,unlike any earthly metal I`ve ever seen.
A glimpse into otherwordly technology surely set a mark hardly forgotten...

Great report! Two questions, if you don't mind:

Is it correct that you and your parents all recall the same details of the sighting, no discrepencies?

Other than the visual, was there any other sign that the UFO was interacting with its environment? For example, casting a shadow on the ground, or perhaps making tree branches move with the turbulance of its air "wake"?
Thanks! Yes we recall the same details,but as common on such close encounters it seems that witnesses focus on different parts of the ufo ,for instance my father said he saw the silhouettes of figures inside the dome which I don`t recall.

I remember very well the yellow sort of aura surrounded the object and the rotating colours around its brim.

No I can`t recall if there were any interacting with the environment,of course it could have been, but I don`t remember.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Obsever.

I think that whatever your age, experiences such as this kind of burn themselves into your memory as they are so out of the ordinary.

Sounds like the craft came VERY close to you. Other reports where objects have been this close to people, there have been sunburn type effects on the witnesses (due to radiation perhaps?) did this happen to yourself or your parents?

Its interesting that you said there were people walking around who didnt see it, it makes me wonder if these things are only visable from a certain angle.... like a polarizing effect

This is the question. While you were very young I don't imagine you remembering if anyone else saw this. But the complex looks huge, so it would seem likely that someone else did see this. Pardon my asking, but are your parents alive and do they recall having conversation with neighbors about this incident?? Or do you remember any such corroborating evidence?? And what, if any, feelings did you or your parents have about such things before the sighting?? I know your 4, so I don't think you'd have much a basis for it. Thanks for sharing.

Yes one should assume someone else such as neighbors would have seen this enormous object.

I don`t know why,but my parents didn`t contact any neighbors to check if they had seen the same,maybe they were afraid of getting ridiculed?

How was the acceptance of someone observing ufos back in the 70s,when even today people are making fun of it?

My parents had only heard about ufos in different articles etc, before this incident and I think they were curious about such things.

Wow! That must've been fascinating! Did you perhaps experience any missing time (or your parents)?. With them hovering so close to you like that, you'd almost think perhaps they might've taken one or all of you.....And do you remember any particular odors/smells or air changes or heat radiating from it/to you or anything? Did you have any pets at the time? Their reaction?

Yes this is a once in a lifetime experience! missing time?,maybe?,eerie stuff.

I do not remember any paricular odors/smell or air changes/heat radiating during the sighting.

I`m not sure if we had any pet at the time,possible a budgerigar or a hamster :)

Its interesting that you said there were people walking around who didnt see it, it makes me wonder if these things are only visable from a certain angle.... like a polarizing effect

I have stood on the side of a highway observing a huge cigar-shaped craft for several minutes and could not get anyone driving by to look at it. My girlfriend would only glance at it briefly and then look away, seemingly angry at me for pointing it out. She still refuses to talk about it. The realization that this type of control of the human collective exists left me permanently screwed up.

Hmmmmmm...This is very interesting, I had a dream that i saw a silvery metallic round disc shape flying over the woods with an orange light on top with big windows. There were four human beings that look like us 2 women with long hair and 2 men..all were wearing blue space suits and so on...I am not saying that yours is a dream but its just kind of funny that my dream and your reality is a bit similiar. I am curious though, Can your father describe what the alien humanoids look like? :confused:

You must have a great memory, personally I can't remember things from my early childhood with any clarity. I can only remember vague images associated with some sort of infant emotion. You should see if any of your neighbors from that time can recall the same event (That is if you can track them down). Great post, it is cases such as yours which bring the truly "out of this world" aspect to UFOs.

Thanks! I remember a lot of things from my childhood,especially material things,such as different toys I had.

According to my parents they did not talk to any neighbors about this incident.
Tracking down neighbors from that time would be a rather difficult task I think.

Back