• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chicago/Bulgaria

67fortsmithufos

Paranormal Novice
Has anyone seen an expert opinion on the 18 - 19 seconds of the Bulgarian
footage as it looks TOO good to be true? (Googe Video:"Bulgarian UFO")
It also matches the description of the O'Hare object, particularly the
account given by the lady who had stopped at the intersection, as retold by
David on the Paracast. If the Bulgarian ufo footage is not hoaxed, it would
interesting to direct O'Hare witnesses to the video for comparison.

The vid has always looked odd to me. The "craft" seems super imposed and isn't consistently in the same spot relative to the back ground/sky or balcony as a reference. Hard to put into words unfortunately. It reminds me of the Mexican Ufo vid hoax. The wobbley saucer by the buildings one.

Ooops. I meant to quoate A.LeClair
"Super imposed" is a good description.
The contrast is a lot narrower and focus sharper than that of the trees which is suspect since one would assume that it is farther away than the trees. Also, there are a couple of "camera matching" incidents where the object appears to move at the precise instant that the camera jerks. What are the odds of that? And one last thing...the camera zooms out just prior to the thing shooting out of sight so that the viewer won't miss the fact that the
disc appears to vanish behind the building. Seems like theater. Just my
.02 and despite having said all that I'm still leaning slightly towards the thing being legit. Still waiting for the experts to weight in.

We come from Bulgaria. Though we can't say we've seen the media coverage of the event it does appear that on online Bulgarian communities there is skepticism that this was actually filmed in Blagoevgrad and some cite appearances in other cities as well. There doesn't seem to be any information on the source and any other details. It does look awfully real but that is not of importance. Millions of people have probably seen it and remained skeptics.

That said, greetings to everyone on this forum.

So while I won't say I've spent hours looking at this footage, my gut reaction is that it's fake. I base that statement entirely on intuition, and the way it accelerates, which has a bit of a pullback before shooting off - looks like the remnants of automated acceleration curve spatial keyframes from animation software. As always, I reserve the right to be wrong.

And I also wanted to welcome Men Around Screen to The Paracast! How did you find us?

dB

Steven Greer's website had a direct link to the podcast with him being interviewed. Naturally, a visit followed and the podcast menu sparked much interest. It's a wonderful, serious, unspoilt programme and place. Thank you for making the effort to make all this information freely available.

Men Around Screen said:
We come from Bulgaria. Though we can't say we've seen the media coverage of the event it does appear that on online Bulgarian communities there is skepticism that this was actually filmed in Blagoevgrad and some cite appearances in other cities as well. There doesn't seem to be any information on the source and any other details.

Hi Men Around Screen,

I've spent a bit of time looking into the background of this video as part of my work on an entry on this video for my database of infamous UFO videos.

I'll outline some of that information below. But first a couple of requests:

(1) As you are from Bulgaria, I wonder if you can point me any active UFO groups or ufologists there. I've emailed 3 Bulgarian UFO researchers listed on a webpage in English that I found (below) since I would have thought any UFO researchers within Bulgaria would be aware of any revelations regarding the video, but I have not had any reply and think that the details on that webpage may be a bit old and out of date:
UFO Organizations in Bulgaria

(2) I've been in touch with some English speakers in the relevant area of Bulgaria but they have not been aware of the source of the video. I sent an email to a local newspaper a few months ago, but did not receive a reply. This could be because the editorial staff on the local paper did not understand my email, which was in English. If you could translate a sentence from English for a covering email that I could use when resending my email to that newspaper then that would be great. I had in mind something like:
"Are you able to understand my email below, which is in English? If not, please let me know and I will try to get it all translated".

I'm still trying to find the actual witness/hoaxer behind this video. I have traced the video back to its apparent introduction onto the Internet in 2003, when an article appeared in Italian on the webpage below, but have not been able to trace it back to its origin (or even confirm that the relevant building does apear within Blagoevgrad).
Ufologia.Net - Il sito Italiano dedicato all'Ufologia

An Italian colleague has helpfully provided me with a translation into English of the contents of that webpage, which included the following:

"Hi, the movie has been sent to me towards the end of June [this seems inconsistent with the 08/Jun date provided initially]. As far as I remember, I think it has been taken at about mid-May; the guy who sent it to me is a friend who lives in Bulgaria since a few months: he studies and works in Bulgaria. He told me:

"One morning he got up to go to work as usual, when he noticed an object floating in the air beyond the buildings of his area; at first he thought of an airship; anyway he took the camera but the object went away suddenly. He stressed more than once that he didn't hear any airplane noise. (A small detail: he told me that the TV switched off suddenly, but he doesn't know whether this can be associated to the sighting)."

I may as well cut and paste some additional information from the relevant entry in my database of infamous UFO videos:

Relevant threads from the ATS forum include the following:
~ New UFO Video ~, page 1
Wow! Check out this UFO Footage from Bulgaria!!, page 1
UFO reportedly filmed over Bulgaria, page 1
Bulgarian UFO Video, page 1

Relevant threads from the alien-ufos.com forum include the following:
http://www.alien-ufos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15020
http://www.alien-ufos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15700
http://www.alien-ufos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16749

Also, this video regularly comes up within threads on other video thought to have been hoaxed using video compositing techniques. For example, Jeff Ritzmann commented at the link below that: "For [the Bulgarian UFO video], a 3d model was generated and then the video frames brought into the modeling program as a backdrop. Matte materials were used to overlay the buildings so the 3D model could go behind them. Once the animation was done, the whole scene is re-rendered in the 3d program, complete with fake zooms and lightings/haze."
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single.php?post=2462796

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

It was surprising to see the Bulgarian UFO organisation links as a matter of fact. Most paranormal organisations that I know of are very primitive in that the things they appear to discuss is famous foregnstuff like the pyramids, Bermuda triangle, the chupacabra and no specifics. And especially nothing about Bulgarian occurrences despite the magnitude of such that we have in our country. There is not even concensus on Tsarichina (Царичина) as to what happened there in the early 90s, if you've heard of this. Wherever you look you'll see different accounts and ones written in untrustworthy ways. I've joined BG paranormal communities before but they died. I have found a new forum which has quite a few members and I'll seek what they know about Blagoevgrad. (http://www.xnetbg.com/www/site/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=fed11edc25224956d6a5a6613eae3e0e&board=6.0)

Presently and for the most of the year you'll not find me in Bulgaria so I can't offer to investigate on the ground. However, I'll gladly translate whatever you have.

And there is only one person sitting behind this account, contrary to my first message.

A.LeClair said:
Do you have a website IsaacKoi? If so, what's the url? I'd like to check it out.

Hi,

I've got a blog at the link below, which I merely created to see how difficult/easy it is to create and edit a blog:
UFO Inquiry

I don't update that blog, save to add links in the top post (entitled "My Articles") to material that I've posted elsewhere (e.g. on UFO Updates) or on some webspace that Errol Bruce-Knapp kindly sorted out for me.

The main piece of material currently available, my Magnum Opus, is a 1,800 page chronology of UFO and SETI events at the following links:
Download 1.6 Mb zipped file free: http://tinyurl.com/re7ae
Download 9.1 Mb unzipped file free: http://tinyurl.com/oahe7
A PDF version is available at the end of the page below:
UFO Chronology 1877-2006

Kind Regards,

Isaac

Men Around Screen said:
I've joined BG paranormal communities before but they died. I have found a new forum which has quite a few members and I'll seek what they know about Blagoevgrad. (http://www.xnetbg.com/www/site/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=fed11edc25224956d6a5a6613eae3e0e&board=6.0)

Hi Men Around Screen,

Thanks. I'd be grateful to hear anything they know about the Blagoevgrad video, or even if they know about any established UFO groups in Bulgaria which are still active.

Knowledge of such groups is relevant to an attempt to link together various UFO groups across Europe and the former USSR that I'm involved in.

Men Around Screen said:
Presently and for the most of the year you'll not find me in Bulgaria so I can't offer to investigate on the ground..
Understood.

Men Around Screen said:
However, I'll gladly translate whatever you have.

Great. I don't like to impose upon you, but if you could translate something along the lines of the few sentences then that would be very helpful:

"I am a barrister [lawyer] from England seeking information from Struma [the name of the local newspaper] or its readers about a video appearing to show a UFO in Blagoevgrad. Are you able to understand the email from me below, which is in English? If not, please let me know and I will try to get it all translated".

If you'd like to see the full email (which includes the information about and a few other comments) then I'd be happy to send it to you.

Feel free to email me with the translation and/or any further information. My email address is:
isaackoi2 @ gmail.com

Kind Regards,

Isaac

Men Around Screen,

In relation to your PM:

Благодаря

(For the benefit of others: "Thank you")

Kind Regards,

Isaac

Back