• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Change Our Theme?

Free episodes:

Which Forum Theme Do You Prefer?

• MyBB Default

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BlueNooB

• Lagniappe

• Ubuntu Outdoors

• None of the Above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
As part of our new forum setup, you now have the power to change the theme or the way our forums are displayed.

Just go to your User Control Panel, click Edit Options, under Your Profile, and select a theme from the drop-down menu labeled Board Style, under Other Options.

We are presently using MyBB's "Default" theme for our standard layout. There are three others to choose from.

Please rate the one you like best, and that's the one that'll be used once the balloting is complete within a few days.

neuromancer said:
difficult to choose between ubuntu outdoors and lagniappe! but voted for lagniappe!

Well, if we end up with a tie vote -- and I expect only a small minority of our members care about these things -- I'll be making the final decision :)

Oh, and by the way, we've activated a Quick Theme changer feature at the bottom right of our forum pages, so you can switch back and forth really quick now.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Only thing I don't like with this new one so far is that I can't tell which threads have new posts in them as easy as the last one yet.

OK, there is a little pointer in a square at the left whenever a thread has new messages. I thought that is a more visible way -- when you get used to it of course.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Only thing I don't like with this new one so far is that I can't tell which threads have new posts in them as easy as the last one yet.

that's one reason i like the "outdoors" theme...there's a folder with a little glowing * on topics that have new posts

Raevenskye said:
Paranormal Packrat said:

that's one reason i like the "outdoors" theme...there's a folder with a little glowing * on topics that have new posts

What I'm referring to is the symbol displayed to the left of a thread's title to indicate there are new posts within. Its look is similar through most themes.

Gene Steinberg said:
Well, if we end up with a tie vote -- and I expect only a small minority of our members care about these things -- I'll be making the final decision :)

Oh, and by the way, we've activated a Quick Theme changer feature at the bottom right of our forum pages, so you can switch back and forth really quick now.

Well -- I am not so sure I actually care, but since you asked I voted for BlueNooB. The only one I don't like at all is ubuntu outdoors. I have never been an earth tone kind of girl.

nikki630 said:
Gene Steinberg said:

Well -- I am not so sure I actually care, but since you asked I voted for BlueNooB. The only one I don't like at all is ubuntu outdoors. I have never been an earth tone kind of girl.

I'm with you on this, Nikki, but I see that we do have a tie, so you at least know where I stand if the vote runs out in this fashion.

Gene Steinberg said:
I'm with you on this, Nikki, but I see that we do have a tie, so you at least know where I stand if the vote runs out in this fashion.

Hmmm -- you aren't using a DIEBOLD machine to count the votes are
you ? :p

nikki630 said:
Gene Steinberg said:

Hmmm -- you aren't using a DIEBOLD machine to count the votes are
you ? :p

Some dude named Rove sold me the thing :)

nikki630 said:
Gene Steinberg said:

As of today, our vote is closed, and I've cast the deciding vote for BlueNooB as our default theme.

But that's not a problem if you don't like that theme: Just scroll to the bottom of any page, and select from any of other themes via the Quick Theme changer pop-up menu. That way you'll get the one you want -- every time you login.

Thanks for participating, and more themes will be added over time, as our staff modifies them to work with our layout.

schoolgirl said:
I like the Graz theme but it doesn't show the current time or date at the top. Is it somewhere else on the page?

It should be to the right of the logo. What browser and OS are you using?

I'm not sure I know the answers to those questions. I use AT&T Yahoo DSL. When I use the Ubuntu Outdoors theme, it shows the current time and date. It is only the Graz that doesn't.

schoolgirl said:
I'm not sure I know the answers to those questions. I use AT&T Yahoo DSL. When I use the Ubuntu Outdoors theme, it shows the current time and date. It is only the Graz that doesn't.

Understood, but I'm talking of the kind of Web browser and computer operating system you have. Such as Mac or Windows (which version???), Internet Explorer, etc.

Back