• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Challenger Explosion Video

Thought some of you might be interested in this. A video of the Challenger Space Shuttle explosion has just turned up, never before seen and all that:

Challenger Disaster Video - Space Shuttle Challenger Explosion | NYCAviation.com | Planespotting and Aviation Photography, Breaking Airline News, Aviation Discussion

It may come up slowly as it was posted on slashdot where sites often become 'slashdotted' due to heavy traffic.

I remember that day clearly...I had skipped high school just to watch the launch (and perhaps partake in some intoxicating substances.) When Challenger exploded, it was a sobering moment.

Yes, thanks for sharing. I was watching the launch in my high school biology class when it happened.

Thought some of you might be interested in this. A video of the Challenger Space Shuttle explosion has just turned up, never before seen and all that:

It may come up slowly as it was posted on slashdot where sites often become 'slashdotted' due to heavy traffic.

I remember how excited I was when, just a few months before, (local) OMNI magazine carried a very optimistic article about the Shuttle, they said it was doing so well that in just 2-3 years NASA would have been able to do weekly launches.

As far reality checks go, it doesn't get much harsher than this...

I was at work and remember that day very well. We watched it on a small TV in the office. Painful memory.

Back