• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

celebrities, ufos and reverse engineering

M

michael

Regarding the last show with David Sereda, I have to agree with Dave Biedny's comments that celebrities don't really make good experts. As a matter of fact, I tend to shut actors off when they're spouting off about anything other than their new movie. I also agree that when it comes to ufos and the technology that drives them, I'd much rather hear from someone who works on advanced propulsion systems or does some other kind of research into space travel. While I also value a layperson's experiences, I prefer to get the nuts and bolts of how these things might work from "those in the know".

And lastly, regarding the reverse engineering of ufo crafts, Stanton Friedman in an interview I heard said it best: "Even if you gave Christopher Columbus a nuclear submarine and an unlimited budget, he could not build another one." I think that these space machines would be so far out of our realm of understanding for us to fix up and fly around in.

Anyway, that's my nickles worth.

michael said:
And lastly, regarding the reverse engineering of ufo crafts, Stanton Friedman in an interview I heard said it best: "Even if you gave Christopher Columbus a nuclear submarine and an unlimited budget, he could not build another one." I think that these space machines would be so far out of our realm of understanding for us to fix up and fly around in.

Anyway, that's my nickles worth.

Maybe, but if I had one........;-)

reverse engineering and mass hallucinations

Any word yet on when we can hear this discussion with David Seradny about propulsion?

As for reverse engineering, antigravity, etc: Some things we probably shouldn't know until we get a handle on our goals and societal mores as a species. Religion "doesn't play well with others" and is a competitive tool to increase our violence and/or production without regard to future cooperative needs or resource limits.

In another topic, I mentioned that I will always 'sell humans short' on my confidence in thier abilities. I was talking about their cooperative abilities. In the case of antigravity, I think the reason there is so little public funding for alternative propulsion is that 'we' already have it, and have had it for a long time. That's one of the fundamental illusions that we have such a hard time dealing with, because (see below) we have been told that these types of maneuvers or craft are 'impossible with what we know about physics'. As long as the public believes this, you need supernatural proof to counterract the belief system.

Mass hallucinations should be referred to as "Math hallucinations". Whenever the hyperdimension people start talking or the 'alternative reality' people, I turn them off. They live in a mathematical model of the universe. Just because you make a picture of a horse that looks like a horse, it doesn't mean that horses are composed of paper and crayons. Same thing with math. If I spin a 3-dimensional cube in 2 axis simultaneously, it doesn't have any more dimensions, I only create additional reference axis. Every point still exists in the minimal 3 dimensions simultaneously. Just because we can't see another medium or measure it with our electromagnetic tools, doesn't mean it isn't there in 3 dimensions. It just means we don't know how to look for it.
There are no imaginary numbers except in the models. There are no imaginary dimensions, only convenient methods of conducting calculations. "Time is an illusion, lunchtime: doubly so." - Douglas Adams

Back