• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Caught an interesting show today.

T

Tommy Allison

I caught only part of it, as I was flipping through channels and then called Biedny to find out whether or not he'd heard of the people on the show.

I wish I'd seen more of it, because oddly enough there was some really interesting stuff in it, real research, and on top of that, a Lie Detector test that was administered to a guy who failed it, and the investigators actually told him that he'd failed.

Jim Carrion was in it, along with a few other guys. It was on Discovery. I'll look it up to get a title.

I think Jim Carrion, and the guy that was on the show would be a great couple of guests.

You can watch it on youtube in 4 parts:

Part 1: http://preview.tinyurl.com/7q9q84
Part 2:http://preview.tinyurl.com/8bacof
Part 3: http://preview.tinyurl.com/7c6s5m
Part 4: http://preview.tinyurl.com/9ravcn

Interesting show. Looking forward to more.

This program is the 'worst' out of three I have watched, the others being 'Mass sightings in Mexico' and 'The Bucks county Flap'. This is how UFO hunter should have been. I certainly have reservation about some of the techniques for 'scientific investigation' used (especially showing the witness 'reconstructions' which could only reinforce memory's) but at least they actually look for 'mundane' explanation before leaping to wild speculation. I cringed with the 'regression' session, but apart from that it seems reasonably investigated. Definitely some of the better 'stuff' out there, though I fear they may not get the same publicity as more 'vocal' programs. I certainly agree with Tommy that the 'S.T.A.R' team (whoops....) would make good guests despite their acronym.

I think to a point it was decent, but when you compare it to UFO hunters... It looks like Citizen Kane.

UFO hunters is a joke to me, because every time I see an episode my intelligence is insulted.

Then again, my cats have their intelligence insulted by that program.

I think to a point it was decent, but when you compare it to UFO hunters... It looks like Citizen Kane.

UFO hunters is a joke to me, because every time I see an episode my intelligence is insulted.

Then again, my cats have their intelligence insulted by that program.

Out of curiosity Tommy which parts did you have a problem with ? The opening titles certainly set my teeth on edge, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised ( not so much on the 'Fayettville incident' (I forgot the spelling), I'm not a great believer in 'hypnosis' as a method of recovering 'memories'). Even Klass would have difficulty in pointing out wrong methodology on the way they tackled the Mexican 'flap', it even had that 'cringe' moment when they pointed out the obvious photoshoping to the 'witness' which was great.

Most of the stuff on UFO hunters is utter crap. It's that way by design I think. I do not believe that the History Channel really wants the topic taken seriously.

There are so many things wrong with the show it's hard to nail one thing down. There's a huge lack of real science. There's a hell of a lot of speculation, and some of the things they do to "Verify" some of these cases is absolutely retarded.

The one particular episode I found to be the most offensive, was the Roswell episode. I actually posted a blurb about that on here. The abject stupidity floored me, and made me believe that Roswell was a complete hoax all the way across the board.

I'm not sure I even believe in aliens anymore after seeing that episode quite frankly.

Back