• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can't possibly believe Miley

Free episodes:

This morally corrupt druggie has produced some really awesome paintings of his delusional hallucinations. Somebody really ought to throw him in prison and confiscate all oh his personal property to auction off. Think of the children. Fuck, I need a drink. The stupid...it burns!

http://www.pabloamaringo.com/

Here's my bottom line about this topic:

Our brains are electrochemical computers. They have receptors for a wide array of chemical compounds that can have dramatic effects on the way that the sensory input channels are processed, which in effect changes our perception of the universe surrounding us. We are walking chemistry labs, full of all sorts of drugs, and our bodies are also drug factories.

If you drink coffee, tea or yerba mate, eat chocolate, sugar or garlic, you are "doing drugs" to enhance your mental state. If you eat or drink any of those things with a specific frequency - say daily - you are a drug addict. Get over it.

When your doctor gives you a prescription, you get it filled at a drugstore.

I'm sick and tired and the demonization of drugs, and would love to live to see the day when all the hysteria around this issue goes away. I'd much rather have a conversation with folks who are comfortable in their own skins, but I recognize that everyone - except for saints, and I don't know any personally - likes to change their reality in their own way. That said, I've lost a couple of really close friends to heroin, very tragic, cocaine and meth are a scourge and should be deeply feared, tobacco kills more people every year than every "illegal" drug combined, alcohol turns people into violent, moronic dweebs when consumed in excess, and excessive marijuana use can have a serious impact on motivation and self-awareness (ever meet the serious pothead who never stops to actually listen to what they're being told? They're just waiting for their turn to talk?).

But you can never have enough chocolate, EVER. So there.

Any everyone of at least moderate mental health should have at least one guided psychedelic experience in their lives, for no other reason than to get a taste of the severe limitations of their perception of reality.

And what I would give to still have Bill Hicks alive. Man, that guy was brilliant.

dB

Food could be considered a drug. Something you ingest that can make you feel better or worse. And many people, especially in America are addicted to it:)

Humans and other species have been using recreational pharmaceuticals for as long as weve been eating food.
its a touchy issue, on the one hand the ability to "modify" the reality chemically ie cup of strong coffee on the midnight shift is useful.
there are however some applications that are not, and its a very blurry line we come across here.

without proper self discipline or supervision, the direct effect on society as a whole can be far more dangerous, and therefore of greater importance, than the right of an individual to use them.

they have always been part of life and always will, but the taboos/laws/regulations will too.

snorting a line of speed/amphetamine at a party prob wont hurt you (baring an accident of some kind). but if that "experiment" leads to a gram a day habit shooting up and robbing shops to pay for it, then obviously regulation of that chemical makes sense.

Bill Hicks, another dead hero.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We miss you, Bill.

dB

Oh man Im losin' it, tks Aaron and David for posting those. OK, I admit it, Ive never seen Bill Hicks do his thing.

How did he die? Dont say drug overdose.

Oh man Im losin' it, tks Aaron and David for posting those. OK, I admit it, Ive never seen Bill Hicks do his thing.

How did he die? Dont say drug overdose.

You're in for a treat. Go to Youtube and type in his name. Tons of great stuff. I almost just posted the search results, but thought I'd post the more rare vid of him. A lot of people here are familiar with a lot of his stuff.

He died from Pancreatic cancer. Not sure of the spelling. Capn or Tommy will know. Yes, I'll get my spellchecker back someday. Just not top on my list of things to do since restoring to factory settings a few weeks ago.

I can post his stuff all day. In fact I have in other threads. Anyway, I'll make this the last one.... I hope. Don't mean to dull those who have this stuff memorized like I do. But, it nevers gets old to me for some reason.

Any everyone of at least moderate mental health should have at least one guided psychedelic experience in their lives, for no other reason than to get a taste of the severe limitations of their perception of reality.

Brilliantly said, and I couldn't agree more.

And thanks to Aaron for the Stanhope clip. I've been fortunate to see him perform a couple of times and find him to be a great successor to Mr. Hicks.

For the record, I've never done LSD. I'm already out there, no need. Pot was like LSD to me, so I just stick with booze and cigs these days. But just because I don't do it, isn't reason enough for me to be against other people's use of it. So long as you aint doing brain surgeory or babysitting etc. You might wanna lay off of it then. Just my opinion.

I think this whole discussion is pointless. Like our hosts say, Let's stop the in fighting, It's clear to me and I would think the majority of our community that you can't even begin to make an assessment on a case where people were under the influence.

Back