• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Canadian UFO Disclosure, eh? What what what?!

Darkly Brooding

Skilled Investigator
News to me,...
http://www.allnewsweb.com/page9299794.php

9500 files disclosed from 2005-2007 from all departments; National Defense/Dept of Transportation/National Research Council/RCMP.
Crazy that they did this under the radar & without much fan-faire. Certainly unknown to me anyway.

The official govt site is awkward and tedious to navigate, as I'm sure it was designed to be.
No smoking guns or admissions(not that I've read them all), and pretty much just following suit as many other countries disclosures have been thus far,... I'm sure there's some relevant and decent reports in there somewhere worthy of cross-referencing and confirming,...

But my goodness, they certainly took the issue seriously enough to document and research weither or not they should document and research the subject,...;). There's also a bit of discussion regarding the official US govt stance and research(50s-60s), and following their lead in regard to how to deal with the issue of reporting and disclosure. Oh, Canada,....

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...01-e.php?PHPSESSID=tpc4mpkd41qe31naqq3okk3cq6
You can use the Browse by Record Group dropdown menu to search each divisions' records.

News to me,...
http://www.allnewsweb.com/page9299794.php

9500 files disclosed from 2005-2007 from all departments; National Defense/Dept of Transportation/National Research Council/RCMP.
Crazy that they did this under the radar & without much fan-faire. Certainly unknown to me anyway.

The official govt site is awkward and tedious to navigate, as I'm sure it was designed to be.
No smoking guns or admissions(not that I've read them all), and pretty much just following suit as many other countries disclosures have been thus far,... I'm sure there's some relevant and decent reports in there somewhere worthy of cross-referencing and confirming,...

But my goodness, they certainly took the issue seriously enough to document and research weither or not they should document and research the subject,...;). There's also a bit of discussion regarding the official US govt stance and research(50s-60s), and following their lead in regard to how to deal with the issue of reporting and disclosure. Oh, Canada,....

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...01-e.php?PHPSESSID=tpc4mpkd41qe31naqq3okk3cq6
You can use the Browse by Record Group dropdown menu to search each divisions' records.
What did you expect? "Yeah people, Aliens exists, we were hidding it for you for decades, also they love bacon". I don't know why people are so anxious with Goverments disclosure, probably they don't know more than us. But is just my opinion.

If anyone has the time to go through these pages, maybe you can post the page number with some good information rather than the bland, Mr. and Mrs So and So reported seeing an aircraft land in the lake near their house, etc. etc. etc.

Did you ever heard of the CEFORA? They are opur own group for the disclosure in Argentin But beware with them, some of them endorse crooks like Jaime Maussan and such.

I've tried to search that site and it is about the most user-unfriendly search engine possible. It is hard to know what data they actually have when most of the search entries direct you to a microfiim reel number or some file number. I'm not sure what anyone is supposed to get from the site.

I don't know why people are so anxious with Goverments disclosure, probably they don't know more than us. But is just my opinion.

I feel compelled to comment on this because this very same question is currently being discussed on the Updates list as well. I find it difficult to understand how people could fail to grasp the usefulness or significance of government disclosure/acknowledgment because the variety of different reasons seem both important and obvious.

One of the most important is fact that ufology would become legitimized and placed in the proper hands of the scientific community where it belongs. If the recommendations of the Roberston Panel are to be believed, the intimidation and deflection of the interest of mainstream science through mechanisms like ridicule, media manipulation, etc. are an essential component to the covert study of the subject. Dr. Thorton Page's letter to panel secretary Frederick C. Durant indicates the panel recommendations were still in effect as late as 1966 and possibly further is evidence that covert programs to deflect mainstream scientific interest may still exist.

Disclosure would be an effective way of arresting this process.

Thanks Unky, I see that you have some good reasons. But I don't think that ufology needs the State for gain respect. You want respect, have high standards, kick out the crooks, don't accept blindly every idea only because isn't mainstream. I think that would be a good start. Currently I see some struggle between a faction of the ufology who have some fresh and interesting ideas fighting against another faction who likes keep the things as they are.

Thanks Unky, I see that you have some good reasons. But I don't think that ufology needs the State for gain respect.

I doubt UFOlogy has much chance as long as governments are opposed to it.

You want respect, have high standards, kick out the crooks

Some of whom may be working for the government.

don't accept blindly every idea only because isn't mainstream.

Great idea.

Thanks for your answer. But the idea that the goverment is the guilty of all of the ufology's problems, sounds like an excuse, and fetiche which is to blame for all the problems of the community.

Back