• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can we even talk to the ET?

henris42

Paranormal Maven
Just thinking.

We as humans, are not not the only species capable of some kind of language. Probably dolphins, orcas, many other whales have some kind of what we'd call a language. Also, many birds probably do that as well - namely your local crows and ravens!

The academic world is still far off from deciphering these animals. Why we can think we can talk to the ET?

There is really amazing new research on crows, they can pass info to their young somehow. These was a PBS doc "Murder of the Crows" few years back. If we cannot decipher even that, how we talk with the ET?

.. Yes there was this movie "Arrival", fun thing!

//HS

Psychics don't have a problem talking to animals, and we know a significant body of their work is legitimate due to accuracy being verified by pet owners.

I was skeptical about that myself, so when a squirrel in a nearby park disappeared, with whom I had bonded to where I could pick her up, I decided to try a psychic in California who had a good track record according to pet owner clients. I asked the psychic to try to find out what happened to my squirrel friend. (I was on the east coast at the time.)

Other than posing that question to the psychic by phone, there was no exchange of details which would give the psychic clues.

The very first thing the psychic reported to me was "The squirrel is telling me she was killed by a tuxedo cat."

As it happened, there had been a tuxedo cat hanging around the area where the squirrel nested for some months prior to the disappearance.

This convinces me that psychic reading was genuine.

If a substantial number of animal readings are genuine, there doesn't seem to be much of a language barrier involved.

Animal psychics (they call themselves "communicators") explain that animals communicate largely by transmitting feelings/sensations, and mental images. Pets sometimes use words as well.

So it may be that some claimed psychic exchanges with aliens are legitimate, based on animal experience. Impossible to know for sure, but experimenting with psychic contact with aliens might be interesting.

Of course, some people, myself included, believe this universe has a spiritual dimension too, and some people, myself included, believe evil/mischievous entities exist within that spiritual realm.

If that is true, that makes it difficult to be sure that claimed alien contacts aren't being interfered with.

- Squirrel

Thousands of confirmations of accuracy by pet owners convince me there are legitimate psychics. But everyone is free to have their own opinions.

- Squirrel

Tuxedo cats are common. How could it be talking to a dead cat anyway? Why would the cat ghost be talking to the psychic?

<smile> You're asking a "paranormal novice" here. You would need to ask someone or some being with wayyyyy more savvy than me to answer that!

- Squirrel

I mean squirrel ghost.

What are experts? They're wrong about the coronavirus, global warming, the shape of the earth. Anything there is an expert for, they're probably morons. I hate experts.

I don't think psychics always see themselves as experts. They just report what they sense.

I know or have known some of them personally - they seem like very reality-oriented, down-to-Earth folks to me. They didn't do anything special to acquire their gifts. Not all who are gifted use their gifts, they just have them. Those with animal psychic gifts tend to be people whom animals instantly gravitate towards, as in wild birds or squirrels immediately perching on their shoulders.

Me, I just accept the "seniors' credo": Life is what it is.

- Squirrel

Just thinking.

We as humans, are not not the only species capable of some kind of language. Probably dolphins, orcas, many other whales have some kind of what we'd call a language. Also, many birds probably do that as well - namely your local crows and ravens!

The academic world is still far off from deciphering these animals. Why we can think we can talk to the ET?

There is really amazing new research on crows, they can pass info to their young somehow. These was a PBS doc "Murder of the Crows" few years back. If we cannot decipher even that, how we talk with the ET?

.. Yes there was this movie "Arrival", fun thing!

//HS

In most accounts of abductions, it is a telepathic communication. Sometimes with images alone, sometimes words in ones head.

If these beings have been here watching us for a long, long time, it would seem that they would know our languages easily.

I don't think psychics always see themselves as experts. They just report what they sense.

I know or have known some of them personally - they seem like very reality-oriented, down-to-Earth folks to me. They didn't do anything special to acquire their gifts. Not all who are gifted use their gifts, they just have them. Those with animal psychic gifts tend to be people whom animals instantly gravitate towards, as in wild birds or squirrels immediately perching on their shoulders.

Me, I just accept the "seniors' credo": Life is what it is.

- Squirrel

Check out this squirrel!
@ 6:18
He's a conductor!

I always wanted to be a conductor. Are aliens conducting humans?

There's talking, and then there's signalling.

Signalling should be somewhat forward - mathematical progressions like the Fibonacci sequence, primes, etc should be more than sufficient to signal that they're out there. This isn't nuanced communication, but would be a big trigger.

Talking would come later, and assuming they use symbolic language like we do, could be built by mapping our symbols to theirs, and vice versa, starting with simple concepts and building on them.

If they're more like arrival, or even weirder, things could be a lot harder.

Back