• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bruising

1. my health is generally very good.
2. awoke with such pain in forearms couldn't move fingers with pain.
3. after 3 days suddenly red bruising on outside elbow and going towards my fingers bruising on outside of forearm in the pattern of having been gripped painfully and pain on the top of my forearm a though a large hand had grabbed it
4. went to emergency room and was xrayed, utlra sounded and blood drawn to exclude possibilities. No sign of exterior trauma, no blood clotting, no issue with coagulation,platelets . The ER staff had no explanation.

Last edited:
Bruising can happen for a number of very natural reasons, along with waking up with dried drops of blood here and there.

Night bruising is often about pressure and sleeping on objects, other limbs, phones, books, even a crumpled piece of bed sheet can create enough pressure over hours of sleep to create a bruise. getting elbowed by your partner because of your snoring is a popular one so is suddenly flailing about in your sleep. Every 90 minutes we complete a sleep cycle and the human body will move shift, change position and rarely comes to full consciousness to acknowledge such things. Oftentimes we don't notice bruises that happened from legitimately bumping into something the day before, but not until naked in the shower the next day do we notice such things.

What you describe really does sound like long term pressure, or contortion of the limb producing the worst of experiences. Even hyper extension of the muscles can produce radical pain the next morning. The best sleep position is on your back with arms at the sides relaxed - who does that?

Blood can come from bed bugs, spiders, piercings falling out, or even the posts from earrings digging into soft spaces behind the lobes, human nails, bed edges, nose bleeds etc..

Bruising can happen for a number of very natural reasons, along with waking up with dried drops of blood here and there.

Night bruising is often about pressure and sleeping on objects, other limbs, phones, books, even a crumpled piece of bed sheet can create enough pressure over hours of sleep to create a bruise. getting elbowed by your partner because of your snoring is a popular one so is suddenly flailing about in your sleep. Every 90 minutes we complete a sleep cycle and the human body will move shift, change position and rarely comes to full consciousness to acknowledge such things. Oftentimes we don't notice bruises that happened from legitimately bumping into something the day before, but not until naked in the shower the next day do we notice such things.

What you describe really does sound like long term pressure, or contortion of the limb producing the worst of experiences. Even hyper extension of the muscles can produce radical pain the next morning. The best sleep position is on your back with arms at the sides relaxed - who does that?

Blood can come from bed bugs, spiders, piercings falling out, or even the posts from earrings digging into soft spaces behind the lobes, human nails, bed edges, nose bleeds etc..

No.

Please note my post where I had gone into the ER. This was not something I'd make up only to spend a night in the ER. They are as baffled by it as I. You commented regarding bleeding, I said not a word about blood nor bleeding.

No.

Please note my post where I had gone into the ER. This was not something I'd make up only to spend a night in the ER. They are as baffled by it as I. You commented regarding bleeding, I said not a word about blood nor bleeding.
No, i know you said nothing about bleeding but that's the other thing along with bruising that people can get unnecessarily concerned about. I just like to point to pragmatic alternatives. That outer forearm injury is often a sign of previous injury during the day. Can you think of any possible physical undertakings that preceded this event and may have produced this delayed reaction - even an activity days before?

Back