• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Brad Steiger Interview

DFWMike said:
why so you could find out the answers and no one would believe you either?

Well at least I'll know what the answers are ... and I'd get to meet people like The Paracast guys et al too ... its all pure selfishness on my part :D.

But seriously, this all assumes that the answers are "find-out-able", and if all this paranormal stuff is just quantum stuff on a macro scale (ie you can never quite pinpoint things in the old tradition of the uncertainty principle) ... we may never be able to pin the tail on the donkey and remain totally flummoxed at the end of it all.

To tell you the truth, I haven't a clue.

Tall tales are fun, and Steiger is very entertaining. His matter of fact delivery and no-apologies asked for grandfatherliness make him believable, even if only for the time that you listen to him.

Unfortunately, everyone makes too much of hard facts. They are just as slippery as everything else in this realm. I got my degree in Medieval history, and I've already seen a generation scholars toss everything I've learned, and in my youth assumed to be truth, on its collective ear. Facts are nothing more than little benchmarks by which future thinkers look at from every which way, and question everything all over, reassess, etc.

This is why UFOlogy and other fringe interests are all built on smoke and shadows. The weight of all the second hand stories and suppositions builds to critical mass over time, becoming concrete ideas that take on their own lives. Spread among that are nuggets of truth, which, as I mentioned, are at best slippery signposts.

Imagine my disappointment, lo those many decades ago, when I discovered all this, and the wobbly nature of history, in Histography 101. Sad, really.

That having been said, I like Steiger, and I like to hear him ramble on.

The show sold some books for Brad Steiger...I had forgotten about him...always meant to buy some of his books...so I got on Amazon and bought 3 of his books while listening. It was only $45 but a sale's a sale.

~Foo Fighter~

Back