• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Brad Steiger Explores Otherworldly Beings

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
He's back. One of the most prolific paranormal authors in the field, Brad Steiger, returns to The Paracast to talk about his new book, "Real Encounters, Different Dimensions, and Otherworldly Beings."

This thick book covers all sorts of mysterious and unpredictable paranormal subjects, and focuses on a whole range of unusual beings, such as ghosts, phantoms, poltergeist, ETs, strange animals and even monsters.

Brad was, in fact, on the very first episode in The Paracast and remains one of our most fascinating guests.

Q. Having read a number of your books and listened to interviews with you on the radio, I'm amazed at how many paranormal experiences you claim to have had. People like amateur astronomers will watch the sky for years and never see anything unusual, so it's not simply a matter of getting out and looking. Do you feel that there is any reason other than pure luck why you seem to have beaten the odds when it comes to the number of experiences you have personally had?

1. In your latest book where you define The Other as the collection of immaterial sightings of angels, demons, ghosts, aliens etc. what specific proofs do you have that these frequent sightings are something actually independent and outside of us as opposed to just a history of human stories, cultural training and folklore, so common to us all that we see these entities because we expect to?

2. If there are actual messages that this Other wants to get across to us why are these not more explicitly directed to humanity instead of getting muddled in the world of human contactees where the messenger often destabilizes into ridiculousness or the need to form human cults of worship? Shouldn't they pick more reliable ways to communicate?

3. The idea of extra-dimensional beings suggests that we have always lived alongside some other magical realm as described as suggested by the history of human folklore. If this was true why do we not find many more examples in the literature of real interactions with the extra-dimensional oher involving physical consequences such as loss of life, wounds, destruction if buildings etc.? Doesn't the ephemeral nature of these beings suggest that they have more to do with dreams, fears, and cultural taboos than actual independent beings?

(this last question is a lot like the first one, but I'm just trying to understand the difference between seeing the boogeyman because our parents told us he's real vs. seeing something inexplicable that actually exists outside of our folkloric and socio-cultural traditions.)

1. As person who hasn't read any of your books and who has very little time to read books, if you had only one book to pick, which of your books would you recommend I read and why?

2. Has there been any progress made in paranormal research in the last 30 years?

3. Who is the most important influence on your work (e.g. Jacques Vallee, John Keel, Chris O'Brien ;)?

Good show. I enjoyed the discussion of how animals and all living beings are persons with personality. Your guest is both a knowledgeable and kind person. I believe the thin man started as a web hoax and then people started seeing him. I was glad to hear him say that he came to believe some of the "others" were evil. Thank you again. Great show.

Back