• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Brad Steiger episode, Davids feelings??

Free episodes:

I always get a kick out of how Gene never fails to refer to Brad Steiger as a "Man About Town" every interview, even though in past episodes Steiger has objected to it. :D

I have to say although I liked Brad Steiger's previous visit(s) to The Paracast this is the only episode I have not been able to listen to right to the end. The whole stuff about refering to vampires as these people who dress up and try to live the lifestyle. :confused: There are lots of people who watch Star Trek and dress up as as Klingons but is doesn't mean they are Klingons. ::)

As long as we're just throwing comments around about this episode, I have to say it was kind of a dud. Just listening to Steiger blather on and on about the "black eyes" and the kids reappearing, etc, ..... just put me to sleep. Sometimes he tells a good story, just not on this episode. Of course I'll have to confess, I couldn't care less about vampires. Or zombies for that matter.

I'd really like Steiger to answer up about his star seed junk and his failed predictions. I don't have anything against him, it just seems that everyone else is often brought to task, but I haven't heard this from any Steiger episode. Am I missing the episode where he talked about this stuff??

BTW, I do appreciate the Paracast widening it's topic base. I'm most interested in UFO's, but some of my favorite episodes were surprisingly ones unrelated to them. Thanks for all the shows guys: good, bad, or so-so.

Steiger made so many mistakes talking about movies, history and mythological vampire lore during this episode that I lost any and all respect for him as a source of valid info.

While I understand where you are coming from, I thought he was pretty clear that he was just discussing legend and lore. At the same time, my personal thought it one should remember that these things are often centered in some sort of embellished truth.

i just cringed at some of his stories and assumptions........i am in medicine and he maintained both hair and finger nails keep growing when a body in in a coffin. WRONG! THE skin withers and shrinks giving the appearance of growth.
Brad may be a friend of Gene's but i just found him to be a type of guy id meet at a party.....listen to and counter every comment he made.

i just thought he too was jumping on the current vampire media "flvour of the month.

I really wish David had the opportunity to be there during this episode. I feel that Gene came at this with kid gloves. No offense Gene, really. I just feel there should have been some challenges to this stuff. It seemed to me a disjointed hodgepodge of anecdotal nonsense. I am curious to know what David really thought of this stuff. Would he have conducted the interview differently?

I didn't even bother listening to that episode because with Steiger as the guest it seemed a certainty to me that silly anecdotes would be the only game in season.

It was a fun episode, you know, that creepy stories that people tell each other during a blakout (in my country they are frecuent). I think that black eyed kids and shadow people are more frightening than vampires or werevolves.
In Argentina, the only condition to be a werewolf (Lobizón), is beeing the seventh born son. If you are the seventh daughter, you will be a witch.

Back