• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Brad Steiger episode, Davids feelings??

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
I really wish David had the opportunity to be there during this episode. I feel that Gene came at this with kid gloves. No offense Gene, really. I just feel there should have been some challenges to this stuff. It seemed to me a disjointed hodgepodge of anecdotal nonsense. I am curious to know what David really thought of this stuff. Would he have conducted the interview differently?

I really wish David had the opportunity to be there during this episode. I feel that Gene came at this with kid gloves. No offense Gene, really. I just feel there should have been some challenges to this stuff. It seemed to me a disjointed hodgepodge of anecdotal nonsense. I am curious to know what David really thought of this stuff. Would he have conducted the interview differently?
Brad is a great storyteller. Yes, I could have stopped him at every single detail and demanded evidence. At the end of the day, most of what he brought forth was anecdotal. You can consider it on the weight of the evidence, the totality, or just regard them simply as a collection of weird stories.

We always have a good time with Brad, and that's what the show was all about.

I think there's a kind of good cop bad cop routine to the show that suits it really well, where both Gene and David kind of anchor each other.

What I was hoping for with this episode was for David to possibly expand on his experience of a succubus (think thats what it was - sorry if I made a mistake there David) that he mentioned on an earlier Brad Steiger episode.

It was one of the first P/cast shows I heard and it freaked me the beep out. Seriously!

I'm always impressed with Brad Steiger's skills how rapidly and effortlessly he tells his stories.

I enjoyed the episode, and based on the tone and manner of the interview I listened with different ears, basically letting my imagination fly (I didn't feel agitated or have any expectations). However I was not stimulated or convinced by the content to further look into some of the discussions - but I did not feel that was the objective.

Brad Steiger episode, Davids feelings??

I think he might have made it clear by closing the other thread ;)

I hope David is not going to leave the show which unless I got the wrong end of the stick sounds like he was intimating in that other thread and his other comment on the Vallee thread.

It wouldn't be the same without him. A bit like the Batman without Robin. Or vice versa. (Ouch. I can't get rid of that visual image now) I can already sense a flurry of photoshop activity.

It was like sitting around a table or campfire and just listening to two old pals talk about stuff. Everything doesn't have to be a concrete battle for the "just the facts." Enjoyed it for what it was. Now if Brad had came on and did a dramatic "I have ultimate truth" routine it would have been different. Good show!

Gene, I love Steiger, He's a character, but you HAVE to correct him;
It's Vlad Tepes, the impaler, not VALD the impaler.
Good show, easy on the ears.

Steiger doesn't have anything to prove. I like that in a person. Part of being a successful interviewer or investigator is having the brains to know when to question someone closely, and when to let them say whatever they want. Don't forget this was a very successful author with a solid reputation talking about... vampires! How much fun would it be to hear Joe Friday interview a successful author about vampires? Well, okay, it would be a lot of fun. For about five minutes.

I haven't listened to the show yet, but Steiger is one of my favorite Paracast interviewees. I could listen to this guy for hours. Whether the stories themselves are credible or not doesn't matter as much as the hypnotic effect that his voice, tone and inflection have upon me.

Imagine how weird it would be if you were the very first person to walk into some untouched tribe in the middle of the rainforest somewhere and managed to convince them to share their legend and mythology with you... and during this retelling of their lore you suddenly started pressing them with hard questions and demanding evidence? It would kind of ruin the point, eh? Sometimes it's best just to hear and discern on your own. :p

Also, I'm pretty sure David closing that thread had NOTHING to do with the recent episode of the Paracast. ;)

Imagine how weird it would be if you were the very first person to walk into some untouched tribe in the middle of the rainforest somewhere and managed to convince them to share their legend and mythology with you... and during this retelling of their lore you suddenly started pressing them with hard questions and demanding evidence? It would kind of ruin the point, eh? Sometimes it's best just to hear and discern on your own. :p

Also, I'm pretty sure David closing that thread had NOTHING to do with the recent episode of the Paracast. ;)

Hi,
I don't mean to be argumentative but David has every right to voice his opinion on anyone's claim in regards to their own personal experiences with the paranomal and even those things they have to show for it. And just like he is with his own experiences, I too do not care if anyone believes me or not and I think Steiger is the same way about some of his material too -- and that goes for someone like Dorothy Izzat too. ;)

I'm a big fan of the show and I will continue to be. And why is that? It's the best paranormal show out there and for this reason I will always place my loyalty to David and Gene regardless that sometimes we don't always agree on things.

Hi,
I don't mean to be argumentative but David has every right to voice his opinion on anyone's claim in regards to their own personal experiences with the paranomal and even those things they have to show for it. And just like he is with his own experiences, I too do not care if anyone believes me or not and I think Steiger is the same way about some of his material too -- and that goes for someone like Dorothy Izzat too. ;)

I'm a big fan of the show and I will continue to be. And why is that? It's the best paranormal show out there and for this reason I will always place my loyality to David and Gene regardless that sometimes we don't always agree on things.

Yup, I agree with you. I was simply stating that it wasn't because of the episode like implied (for humour I think) earlier in the thread. :)

I think the fact that David questions things is exactly what makes the Paracast not only different than most podcasts, but also a really good podcast. At the same time, that isn't what the recent episode was about and I don't think every podcast should follow suit. Variety is a good thing.

Yup, I agree with you. I was simply stating that it wasn't because of the episode like implied (for humour I think) earlier in the thread. :)

I think the fact that David questions things is exactly what makes the Paracast not only different than most podcasts, but also a really good podcast. At the same time, that isn't what the recent episode was about and I don't think every podcast should follow suit. Variety is a good thing.

Lol, you're right. :)
And I like the show for the same reasons you do too and this is afterall a paranormal show and forum too. Having Steiger on Paracast shows that very clearly. We are all going to have different opinions on things and we will not always agree on things either, but the show and this forum would not be as interesting as they are if we all thought the same way would it?

I think he might have made it clear by closing the other thread ;)

I hope David is not going to leave the show which unless I got the wrong end of the stick sounds like he was intimating in that other thread and his other comment on the Vallee thread.

It wouldn't be the same without him. A bit like the Batman without Robin. Or vice versa. (Ouch. I can't get rid of that visual image now) I can already sense a flurry of photoshop activity.

My guess would be that he was just venting.

Mmmm....not my favorite episode. I liked Brad's voice and the historical info and the storytelling - like a fun Halloween tale. And it is nice to have a light show once in awhile (I loved Walter Starcke). But I found myself talking to my ipod alot during this episode, "Says WHO?" and "Based on WHAT?" (being air-David, I guess). It takes both Gene's kindness and David's scrutiny to make the Paracast the Gold Standard.

loved this episode, wished david was there, you could have him on once a month and it would be fun. Was like a mid 90's art bell show.

and good god if david left I would be depressed as hell, I love this show its in the top five best podcast out there. (It's in hardcore history and this american life territory)

so, don't plant any ideas where they shouldn't grow, eh? David is staying, Gene is staying, and the world will continue to revolve around the Sun and that is that. got it?

don't make me wrong, now... ;)

Back