• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Book shelf

Artyom

Paranormal Maven
How about setting a new section on the forum - 'The Book Shelf'? I'm about to start reading 'People from the Other World' and I thought for a moment wouldn't be great to have a section on the forum where you can see the list of recommended books? What do you think?

Hm...it's weird - I found that book 'People from the Other World' but non of the editions provides full text, only limited preview:confused:

Currently reading "Rock and the Pop Narcotic" by Joe Carducci. Not para-related but definitely a history-of-music book that goes so far beyond any form of rock journalism I've read before that I can't even be sure it's in the same genre of writing.

Recently I obtained MUFON symposium proceedings for 1978 and 1979, been checking out those a bit. Too bad that the Black Vault didn't get the symposium papers scanned and uploaded yet.

Some of my all-time favorite books on the UFO phenomenon subject that I've come across::

1. Ruppelt's "Report on Flying Saucers"
2. Dolan's "UFOS and the National Security State"
3. Good's "Need To Know"
4. Howe's "Glimpses of Other Realities"
5. ALL Keyhoe books
6. ALL Vallee books especially "Revelations"
7. Redfern's "On The Trail of the Saucer Spies"
8. Turner's "Into the Fringe"
9. Druffel's "Firestorm"
10. Mosely's "Shockingly Close to the Truth"

Those are 10 pretty essential books that anyone with a more-than-curious interest in the UFO subject should have read. Other books I feel are peripherally relevant include:

1. Marks' "Search for the Manchurian Candidate"
2. Vallee's "Stratagem"
3. Constantine's "Virtual Government"
4. Ross' "Bluebird"
5. Ronson's "Men Who Stare At Goats"
6. McKenna's "True Hallucinations" or "Archaic Revival"
7. Keel's "Mothman Prophecies" (and other Keel books such as "Trojan Horse")
8. not a book but: a shitload of Rod Serling Twilight Zone episodes, starting with the very first episode "Where Is Everybody?"
9. Bishop's "Project Beta"
10. Vesco's "Man Made UFOs"

Useful thread.

For those interested in Rendlesham I'd add:

"Sky Crash: A Cosmic Conspiracy" (1986) Brenda Butler, Dot Street, and Jenny Randles

"You Can't Tell The People" (2001 2nd Ed.) Georgina Bruni

Interesting to see how the story developed over the years.

How about placing here paranormal books/movies/tv programs/radio show torrents? The matter fact I have several but not sure if it's acceptable to list them here on the Paracast forum?

How about placing here paranormal books/movies/tv programs/radio show torrents? The matter fact I have several but not sure if it's acceptable to list them here on the Paracast forum?

Unless Gene chimes in and corrects me, as I recall, copyrighted stuff needs to be linked to another site, like Youtube etc. not directly uploaded here. Although this was long ago he said this.

If the torrents are linked at another site, that might be ok, but ask Gene first. Or I will if you want.

I hope this post will expend my books shelf to a media shelf:) Recently I found on Google a DVD disk image with the collection of documentary movies, mp3 files with recorded radio shows (I have to warn you that its C2C:eek: but the guests are great to listen:exclamation:) and books in PDF format about paranormal topic, the collection name is 'Geomancy - The Induction Series'. I would strongly suggest to all people on this forum to check out this stuff.

Are you still seeing limited preview for "People from the other world"? It could be an IP address and it restricts you by that.

I have been thinking recently that there should be a book review forum section. For a long time i didnt read any UFO books, mainly because I thought they would all have such a strong editorial agenda, that they wouldnt be worth reading.
But having heard almost every paracast, and seen every documentary, i thought i'd give Rich Dolans a try. Whilst its a great book, its so biased towards the aliens idea, I almost stopped reading it. However, it does present some good infomation.
I am awaiting Stan Friedmans books topsecret majic and captured.... but i am more interested in them because i think they tell us more about the psycology of humans more than any real ufo information.

Anyway, here's my shout for a book review forum!

Back