• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Book Reviews?

Would you be willing to write reviews of paranormal books for The Paracast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Just found a new add-on for the forum software we use, XenForo, which lets us publish book reviews. It sounds great to me, but I'd like to know how many of you are willing to volunteer to write those books.

We will discuss those reviews on the show, and use them as a guide for scheduling future guests.

Do let me know in the poll. If I see a few positive responses, I'll install it.

Some advise for book reviews:

For the ISBN number, we need the 10-digit version, not the longer one, which doesn't work.

For Kindle, we need Amazon's actual ASIN number.

Thanks.

Sorry gene, don't mean to come off as dense but I just looked at nameless's (wtg dude) review. can I assume one just fills out the information in the provided templates under new book, post it and then add review to put in your own comments? I saw on the new book page " add a short description here" but I saw nothing on additional review, which is what it appears nameless did.

Once an initial review is posted, you can add material to it, as can other members. I need to check with the authors why the 13 digit ISBN number isn't supported, though.

sorry gene, i did promise a review of a book i just read " synchronicity, the art of coincidence" by kirby surprise but i've been w/o a computer for awhile and unfortunately i'm also an obsessive newshound. i have subscriptions to the los angeles times,time, newsweek, the week, the economist, new yorker and atlantic among other mags. i have to read them all, at least most of them. i can real feel for angelo's twitter headline, because i'm right in there as well, and THEN if i find a story that's particularly interesting i follow up on it on bbc, csm and world press review web sites. and i don't know why i do this as it doesn't help me either personally or professionally and i'm not one of those guys that likes to hang out in bars spouting off all this uselss information. i guess that's why i used the word obsessive.

Lots of support -- so where are the reviews? :)

Ive decided to give it a miss, given the recent penchant for people to debate the personalitys rather than the data, anything i review would just be troll bait.

It just doesnt seem worth the effort of reading then reviewing a book, only to have that effort crapped on my those with a personal axe to grind.

Good luck with the concept though, its a great idea

change of plans. i lead with my two favorite books of all time (no joke) winnie the pooh and house at pooh corner. if there were every two books to hilariously delve into the human condition, it was these. and it was done with animals no less.

I listen to the Paracast via podkicker. I actually created an account today to check out some recommended reading. I did a search of the forums and found a couple of threads but no actual lists. The book reviews are fine but there are no recommended reading lists. I have been interested in the paranormal for awhile but would like to read on the subject matter. Maybe the book reviews could also have a recommended reading section?

Back