• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bob Lazar

boxman

Paranormal Novice
What ever happened to Bob Lazar? I think he would be a great guest on the Paracast. There has to be someone who worked at Area 51 that might have insight to this mystery.

Bob Lazar was a conman and thus would make a terrible guest. Even interviewing Michael Horn and other conmen/crazies is a waste of time.

See "My Take on Bob Lazar" at www.stantonfriedman.com for a thorough expose on that liar.

I used to enjoy the Bob Lazar story when it first came out. But after looking into it and finding out he was linked to John Lear, you can bank it's all bullshit.

Chuckleberryfinn said:
Bob Lazar was a conman and thus would make a terrible guest. Even interviewing Michael Horn and other conmen/crazies is a waste of time.

See "My Take on Bob Lazar" at www.stantonfriedman.com for a thorough expose on that liar.

I went to Friedman's site. I definitely agree that he makes a very strong case against Lazar. But there is one element of Friedman's claim that I must contest. He says that the government wiping someone's civilian records clean is absurd. I must disagree with this, based upon personal experience.

At my high school reunion, my best friend ran into our class saluditorian, a guy named Jonathan Little. I didn't know him well, but I remember his graduation speech was pretty funny. Anyway, he told my friend that he was now working for our government in some sort of secret capacity, and he was in recruiting my friend because he was a Mormon. Apparently the people involved in these secret government projects frequently employ mormons because their religious principles mesh well with whatever is being done there.

Well Jonathan proceeded to tell my friend that because of his sensitive government activities, the government had wiped every record of his existence from the internet. There was absolutely nothing that you could find about him. I thought that this would be impossible to do... I mean EVERYTHING? Especially since he was the #2 student in our entire class of 750 students.

So to test this out, I went and looked for him on the internet and I was unable to find anything. So either he never had anything on the internet to begin with, or every record of his existence has indeed been erased from the internet. And I would consider internet records to be civilian records, which contradicts Friedman's statement.

Completely separate from my personal anecdote - it should be noted that Friedman simply states that "wiping civilian records clean is absurd", and provides absolutely NO support for this claim. As if it is so obvious that no support is needed. Any time someone pulls one of these tactics I raise an eyebrow.

I'm not presuming that government erasing was done with Lazar, but I thought this point was something worth noting.

Aspie said:
I used to enjoy the Bob Lazar story when it first came out. But after looking into it and finding out he was linked to John Lear, you can bank it's all bullshit.

Yeah, Glen Cambell's view is the same. He thinks Lazar was just fooling Lear, and then Lear went and told the press and things went on from there.

Here's some different links on Lazar. Different theories are discussed.
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/people/lazar/

As I've said before, both Friedman and Knapp make good points on Lazar. They disagree on him though.

I'm pretty sure "Dr." Dan Burisch is the new Bob Lazar. Somebody that knows just enough about what he's talking about to fool the rest of us that don't.

Stanton Friedman seems to have put Bob in his place, and I feel similarly about Burisch. It's unfortunate that Linda Multoun Howe was so eager to accept him on face value. Since then I've taken what she says with a grain of salt--and to get even further afield here, I think she way too easily considered the "drones" to be real without proper peer review or analysis. It's all so obviously photoshopped--if they could be that clear, and they're all in the same area, why doesn't "Chad" pick up a camcorder and let us see one in flight (or hovering)?

Sorry this turned into more of a rant than a first post. Hi, everybody! Love the show.

Gil said:
I'm pretty sure "Dr." Dan Burisch is the new Bob Lazar. Somebody that knows just enough about what he's talking about to fool the rest of us that don't.

Stanton Friedman seems to have put Bob in his place, and I feel similarly about Burisch. It's unfortunate that Linda Multoun Howe was so eager to accept him on face value. Since then I've taken what she says with a grain of salt--and to get even further afield here, I think she way too easily considered the "drones" to be real without proper peer review or analysis. It's all so obviously photoshopped--if they could be that clear, and they're all in the same area, why doesn't "Chad" pick up a camcorder and let us see one in flight (or hovering)?

Sorry this turned into more of a rant than a first post. Hi, everybody! Love the show.

Head over to ATS and read threads by Knapp on Lazar. It opened the door again for me to be a little open about Lazar.

Stanton also makes good points about Lazar.

Burisch has been efficiently debunked.

Yeah, but I think you'll agree--hell, maybe you won't--that the fact that no one at MIT, Los Alamos or anywhere but Pierce College had ever heard of him, including professors he would have _had_ to have taken classes from. No one ever thinks about the fact that at least _one_ person he went to school with or took from would have heard of his UFO/Area 51 fame by now, and would have come out to defend him. Maybe off the record, or with their identity and voice protected.

It hasn't happened once in twenty years, and it isn't going to. Lazar is a fake, and you can tell when he's pushed to the limit of his physics knowledge. He just doesn't know that much about the fine details that he would have had to have known.

How come they put him in a room with top-secret files by the truckload and only give him 20 minutes to skim the info, then that's it?

How come his name and photo can't be found in any of the yearbooks of the colleges he claims to have attended? The government can't track down every _single_ copy.

I think there may be people that have to do the stuff that Lazar and Burisch claim to have done. But it's not them. Those guys work there for life, like the CIA. You take the job, you have the job for life. Think about the way compartmentalized security clearances work for the intelligence agencies we _do_ know about works. You don't work for the NSA for six months and then go work at General Dynamics, then flip burgers at a greasy spoon. Especially when Edward Teller is your reference.

Sorry, guys, this one went out of my gray basket years ago. It was fun to think about, it was an entertaining thought experiment, but when it comes down to it, the very fact that Lazar won't put himself in a position to debate the best chemist/engineer/physicist of our choice _ever_ is a dead giveaway. I don't know how much easier I can put it.

Lazar is a dead-in-the-water issue. And while I'm at it, John Lear is a fake, too. He never discovered anything of his own, he only glommed onto other people's research.

The better we get at sifting through information with the Internet, the more easily these straw men fall apart. 2 + 2 really does equal 4.

Oh, and how is it he walked out with 15 pounds of element 115, which he must have forgotten he said was only stable outside of its environment for a nanosecond or two?

Hello, Gil, welcome to the forums.

I could not have said it better myself, it's totally obvious that Lazar and Burisch are absolutely full of shit. They're delusional, and should be ignored, as all they seek is some undeserved attention.

As far as John Lear, his pilot credentials aside, he's a white noise generator. If he says something, I assume the truth is actually the opposite of whatever he said. I've never seen someone spout so much absolute crap.

Thanks, David.

Being personally addressed by both show hosts within 2 days of my joining, I feel very at home and welcome.

And I'm glad you used the s-word, I was wondering how much to rein myself in.... But I'll try and restrain myself.

I do think Lazar and Burisch were worth every penny in entertainment value--so long as NO ONE ever actually believes anything they say. If they can't pass the idiot test--well, you get the point.

I would really like to see some discussion both on the Paracast and on the forums about humanoid sightings, especially ones involving police. I'm reading "Situation Red: The UFO Siege" now, by Leonard Stringfield, and there seem to be a large number of well documented sightings of what people assume to be aliens--but back in the 70s they came in every stripe. I'm interested in casting the dragnet back in time a few decades to the few really good cases wherein people suffered radiation burns, headaches, nausea and other marks from encounters with nonhumans.

This is the most interesting aspect of the UFO/contact phenomenon for me right now. If you could get a guest on the show that would be able to provide some insight into that--and perhaps this new "flying humanoids" phenomenon--I'd be most interested.

Also a shout out to Gene and David: Thank you for being the only two people in the media (yep, you're in the media now) that know that phenomenon is singular and phenomena is plural.

THANK YOU!!

In the UFO field, proper pronunciation and grammar is so important--I know it sounds silly, but when you talk like an idiot, people assume you're an idiot.

Yes, I'm a bitter ex-English major....

David wrote...
As far as John Lear, his pilot credentials aside, he's a white noise generator. If he says something, I assume the truth is actually the opposite of whatever he said. I've never seen someone spout so much absolute crap.
Even the contention that souls are beamed to the moon at death? Surely you're not suggesting he made that one up!!!

Verum said:
David wrote...
Even the contention that souls are beamed to the moon at death? Surely you're not suggesting he made that one up!!!

I've been challenging John Lear, along with a few others, on his "no planes" theory on the ATS forums over the past few days. Very tiring. Can't be bothered anymore. Okay, John. There were no planes. Just holograms. Very loud holograms, with bombs attached. What a nut. Maybe the worst thing is, many people suck up what he has to say without too much question. He's actually got somewhat of a following going on those ATS forums.

As far as Bob Lazar: First class liar. He's essentially a geek with a huge ego. Ever see the video of him where he's standing beside his Corvette? What is up with that? Something about it... just made it... all clear to me... he's a liar. Only a liar would make that video.

I'll admit as a kid watching Bob Lazar when he first came out, I was hooked. I thought he would be the smoking gun. Sadly he's smoke and mirrors.

Funny thing about Lear: A friend tried to use him as a credential regarding the validity of...I can't remember--either Greer or Dean. She was saying, "John Lear finds him credible!" about one of those two. In either case I had to tell her that Lear isn't credible.

"But...Lear Jet! What do you mean he's not credible?"

Seriously, I didn't think anyone thought he was worth listening to at this point but I guess if 3 out of five Americans still think Saddam worked with Al Qaeda....

Yea, I'm surprised ATS gave Lear a forum. Lear's father is responsible for Lear jet as I recall, not him. I don't even pay attention to Lear anymore. Completely nuts.

No question Lazar is lying, but to what degree, I'm unsure. If Knapp is ever on, ask him about Lazar. He has some info. that seems to support the idea Lazar worked there (are 51). This doesn't mean his saucer story is true though.

Yeah. Lear, Lazar, Burisch. You know, I think even Knapp at this point thinks Lazar is full of it.

Entertaining stories, but totally full of shit. Even if there's disinfo in there, the signal to noise ratio is so low, it's just not worth it to try to sort any of it out, or get exposed to the 99% of complete crap (the aliens _really do_ like strawberry ice cream!) to get at the good information.

I'll stick with Richard Hall, Stanton Friedman and of course, the Paracast. I have to say, one of the things I like about the Paracast (and this hasn't always been the case) is that Gene and David spend some time before and after discussing the relevance and credibility of a given guest. I really like that objectivity as a listener. The Paracast is the podcast I listen to more than any other.

It's been so disheartening to me over the years at how gullible LMH is, or has become. I remember when I first started promoting UFO lectures, after I'd sent letters to her asking if she'd come and speak in Lawrence, Kansas (it's about an hour out of Kansas City, where KU is), not only did she never answer, but I had a mutual contact hand her an invitation to come and speak at a conference with all my contact info, and she never replied.

Maybe just as well. Now, she seems willing to hop off at a moment's notice and brand just about anything as "real" or to take it on face value. Her bullshit filter seems to have gotten so clogged that it no longer works, if she ever had one, and I do believe she did.

I have to say, after watching the redux of Out of the Blue, it's almost an entirely different film. It seems longer, better paced, smoother, with better graphics and here, finally, we have the believable, interesting information that, yes, we probably already know, but we have a film we can give to people that tend to respond with the giggle factor and, if they'll watch it, they will come out of the process believers. Or at least, more accepting of what we know as the true history of the phenomenon.

Maybe it was Lazar who made that call about "Area 51" to Art Bell years ago? ;) All kidding aside, I wish people like Bob Lazar and their lure would go away.

I don't believe there is absolutely nothing to Lazar's story, there still seems to be some truth to it. Perhaps he got some info from someone else and called it his own or was a janitor there or something. But I find it hard to believe considering some of the facts that he simply made it all up one day for publicity. His story also never changed, it seemed to stay consistent and not get better every time he told it like most hoaxers.

Also he left the public eye for some reason, and seems to show no interest in returning. This could mean that he is afraid of the hard questions that he raises, or it could mean that he had nothing else to tell and was not just a publicity whore as everyone would like to think.

He also seemed to break away from Lear later on which adds some credibility :)
"Well, John Lear's a nice guy. I like him, but he does have the tendency to add about fifteen percent color to stories, and if a story goes through him twice, it's thirty percent, and it doesn't stop." - Bob Lazar

It is also interesting for Boyd Bushman to back him to a small extent.

Anyone tried to get him on The Paracast?

Back