• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangle Research

Hello Peter-lfc and boomerang,

Thank you and updates will be in the offing. Boomerang, thank you for the tip on Hynek. I have not been in the ufology field but for two years now and it was the BT's that got me started in the first place. I'm not a believer in ET presence here per se but that is not to say that UFO's are not here and real or that ET existence somewhere else in the Universe is out of the question. I've given both much thought and research. Paul R' Hill's early work has been a great source for my approach to the subject which came highly recommended as I prefer the science end of things. Again thank you both for the encouragements. Data entry is tedious at best and for the most part monotonous and each session causes me to ask why the time problem inherent in UFO reporting was never publicly addressed in the first place. Ah well......

I'm just starting to look at all the evidence what is out there regarding ufo"s and really interested in these massive black triangles what have been witnessed something so big cant be mistaken for anything but a ufo can it?

hello Peter_lfc,

In the sense that the nature, origin, and purpose of the big deltas lies in the realm of speculation then you are correct. There have been investigations in the recent past that do point strongly to military applications but the evidence is circumstantial in arriving at those conclusions. I find the Black Triangles to be a facinating subject and since virtually nothing has been done about them since 2004 I decided it was time to look at them a bit closer. It's why I chose 2004 as my starting point for research. I'm in touch with someone in the UK who is waiting for BUFORA to digitize their data finally after all these years to start in there, and maybe "ufology" in Calgary Canada would be interested in pursuing the appraoch in that country. Western Europe as you probably know has it's own history as well.

Hello All,
Okay. This is what the data shows for 2001 and 2012. Remember, this is based on only two databases- MUFON's and NUFORC's- but they are large and for the U.S. about all there currently is to use for reference. Again, in order to eliminate the time zone dilemma along with the problem regarding the semi-annual switching of Daylight Savings to Standard time I revised the reports to reflect the Universal Time Coordinate System (UTC). My main point in doing this research was to see if I could determine the number of Triangles possibly existing and active in the U.S.
Most of the sightings are single events. Lots of evidence of single flight paths being utilized across several states in a single deployment. Only about 6% demonstrate more than one BT operating at the same time with another. For 2011, out of 620 reports, only 31 had two BT's active at one time. And in only two instances were there three.
2012 is somewhat incomplete as NUFORC's database is only current through Nov. 19 and so I left off MUFON's at the same time as it's easier to add the two together as their data becomes available. However, out of 2012 so far onl;y about 5.5% show the same results as 2011's chronology. Out of 601 sightings so far 2012 has 38 instances of two crafts at work and only ONE instance of three being deployed at the same time.
There has NOT been a case of four or more sightings occurring simultaneously in the U.S. for either year. I find this an interesting detail in my investigations into the phenomenon. As O continue I do not expect these figures to change much.
Regards, hiflier.

Hello ufology,

The Illinois event is a classic to be sure! It's what got the now-defunct NIDS so involved in the subject. I can see why. Thanks for the link.

Hello All,

Thought you'd like to see these from this web site:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19760007965_1976007965.pdf

dynair1.png

dynairship2.png

aereon26.png

Hello goggsmckay,

there are those reports that too are simply too bazarre to accept IMHO (15 miles long a mile high), and I'm only using two databases.

Catching up to this forum.

Keep in mind that people generally have no way to estimate altitude or size, and are likely to get it wrong. Even with familiar objects, casual observers will get the altitude and distance wrong by a wide margin. The Dunning Krueger effect plays in here, I think. Other investigators have noted how many witnesses can not even accurately estimate angular size from memory. Also, the brightness of a point source is often misinterpreted as being related to size.

If the object passes behind something of known distance and size, then you can lower bound its size, or if it passes in front of something you can upper bound its size. For example, I recently worked a photo case in which the witness observed the object that appeared to be just under the cloud cover. Using airport data I was able to estimate the height of the cloud cover and then upper bound the distance and size of the object.

Hello PCarr,

You bring up a good point on perspectives and when one tosses in the "memory" of the event issue reports can get even more distorted. Question: What do you know about a BT that delivered an engine to a museum outside Atlanta, Georgia from a SR-71 Blackbird in October of 2010?

Hello PCarr,

Question: What do you know about a BT that delivered an engine to a museum outside Atlanta, Georgia from a SR-71 Blackbird in October of 2010?

I have never heard anything like the latter. How does a BT deliver an engine to a museum? References? Sources?

Hello, PCarr,

I knew as soon as I posted my reply that you would for some reason or other skip the step. That being that the BT went directly to the museum instead of offloading at a base in secret! Why would you think such a thing would have occurred? I mean after all the speculation about these craft one might consider that landing at a museum of all places might be a wee bit outlandish. But I am not criticizing here so don't take it adversely please. My source is one who goes by the nickname "altria" who was given the tip by another so that a video could be taken. I know that this is not good enough so you need not comment; it isn't even good enough for me which is why I was asking you if you knew anything that could verify the event. I will post the vid if you wish.

Back