• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangle in Aust ?

In the Barossa valley in Sth Australia there have been quite a few sightings of different craft.
A black triangle sighting has also occured out there, trying to get more info.

Thanks for that, i see im about a year late....

still this is why i come here, id rather have 99.9999 percent of these things shown up for what they are, there is just sooo much stuff out there, its nice to have help sorting the wheat from the chaff.

thanks again

Hi, first post here...

I've been interested in the subject of "black triangles" even before I saw one a few years ago in Minneapolis. I'll probably post the details of that sighting sometime, but I wanted to comment about the Australian Google Earth image from Australia.

It's been stated that the triangle is actually the Emu Downs Wind Farm. I think there are serious problems with that interpretation. This object does appear in the same area as the wind farm. However, the Emu Downs Wind Farm has 48 turbines. If the "bright lights" are the turbines - showing at most 7 objects - where are the rest of them?

Wind turbines are spaced at a distance dependent on their rotor diameters. The reason is that each turbine can be affected by the turbulence caused by another turbine. If they are in a row, their minimum distance from one another is typically in the 200 meter range. The picture shows an extremely unusual equilateral triangle placement. The dimensions of the triangle are approximately 110 meters (360 feet) per side. This is too close for the turbines.

Furthermore, if one argues that the bright points of the triangle represent the turbines, then why not the 4 other bright points inside the triangle? Those internal bright points are a mere 30 meters apart. If these were turbines, their blades would collide, since the Emu Downs turbines each have blades of 41 meters length.

I don't know what this image represents. But it is almost certainly not a wind farm.

I don't know what this image represents. But it is almost certainly not a wind farm.

Sorry, but it most definitely is the Emu Downs wind farm. This triangular object appears at the precise location of the wind farm. Here's a link to a screen shot I took from Google Earth, having located it via the grid reference for the Emu Downs wind farm - 30°30′38.82"S, 115°22′56.14"E:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_iAph1dWjmpE/RyCse-YlSsI/AAAAAAAABOU/0Dm84yMU790/s1600-h/triangle.jpg

No-one would like it to be a genuine black triangle pic more than I would, having actually seen a triangle back in February. If you look at my screenshot, the actual grid reference appears on it - the precise location of the wind farm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_Downs_Wind_Farm

Sorry, but it most definitely is the Emu Downs wind farm. This triangular object appears at the precise location of the wind farm. Here's a link to a screen shot I took from Google Earth, having located it via the grid reference for the Emu Downs wind farm - 30°30′38.82"S, 115°22′56.14"E:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_iAph1dWjmpE/RyCse-YlSsI/AAAAAAAABOU/0Dm84yMU790/s1600-h/triangle.jpg

No-one would like it to be a genuine black triangle pic more than I would, having actually seen a triangle back in February. If you look at my screenshot, the actual grid reference appears on it - the precise location of the wind farm.

I'm not saying it is a "black triangle" at all. But when you look at the image and measure the dimensions - and it does look like it is a ground-based object or structure, not something airborne - the idea that this image represents wind turbines is suspect.

As I said in the previous post, the dimensions are wrong. Plus the fact that Emu Downs has 48 turbines. Again, where are the rest of them?

This may be a part of the Emu Downs wind farm - I'm not disputing that. But explain to me exactly what these objects are, and why they are set against an extremely unusual but clearly black triangular background. (Again, keeping in mind that they are far too close to one another to be turbines.) It doesn't matter that this image happens to be in the location of the wind farm - that is not disputed at all.

I happen to live in an area that has dozens of very large wind farms in southern Minnesota and eastern South Dakota. These farms are far larger than Emu Downs.

The troubling aspect is that no image of a wind farm anywhere in the world looks like this.
So what is it?

Maybe our friends in Australia can elucidate. :)

Maybe our friends in Australia can elucidate. :)

I can try ;) I came across this interesting topic googling "emu downs google maps", having just visited Emu Downs Wind Farm on the weekend.

It appears to me that the Google satellite images are quite old and do not contain any of the wind turbine towers (which were built 2 years ago). Judging by some of the other things I recognise that do appear on the maps (eg three small shacks at a nearby roadside viewing point @ 30°27'37.33"S , 115°19'55.42"E), the towers should be easily visible and would be casting very obvious shadows too.

Furthermore, the spot where the mysterious triangle is located I would say is too far south to be part of the wind farm. This is only going from my view from the ground and memory, but I would have said the towers finish further north than the triangle location. I've really no idea what the triangle is... I may have tried to get a bit closer to the site had I known of it before hand! Certainly looks ground based though.

Attached is a Google Earth file containing some of the spots I stopped, plus a few photos I took showing some of the towers. The closest of the towers in the photos would be approx 200metres away from where I am standing. They look much closer in the pictures.

http://stashbox.org/211452/Emu Downs Wind Farm.zip

Could it be a solar collector? I know that modern solar collectors are not like the old fashioned solar panels.

Back